Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 04:06:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Karma building up...  (Read 10159 times)
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« on: September 19, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »

I know I'm not the only one here that can *feel* bad karma building up and it's empending collision course with our lives...  That said, I've been feeling the karma building now for about 3 months.  Not every ride, and not everyday...but building none-the-less.

So, today I felt it pretty hard but I was just riding a few short miles to a hardware store to get some fasteners and such-what for a customers bike I'm building this weekend.  Well, I was feeling cocky and was riding along the shoulder as traffic backed up on this two-lane road.  Well, the CHP saw me doing this and pulled me over.  I was mad at first but kept my cool (always important when dealing with the po-po).  He was reasonably cool and didn't cite me for my ear-plugs and my plate being turned 90' so all-in-all not a bad experience but I'm SOOOO releaved to know that the bad-karma thing was just this ticket.  I can feel the weight lifted off my shoulders (well...somewhat).

Oh, and I used my rear-brake to stop as I was in the gravel on the side of the road.   Grin

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
red baron

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »

Oh do I know the feeling. Sad

What did he cite you for? 

Had you crossed the line?

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
r_ciao

My first Ducati.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »

I thought you couldn't get a ticket for earplugs. 

'09 Monster 696+ Red, of course.
EvoTech Tail Tidy, SpeedyMoto frame sliders, 14T front sprocket
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:32:15 AM »

Oh do I know the feeling. Sad

What did he cite you for? 

Had you crossed the line?

I was WAY over the line and he was *right* there lookin' at me.  The ticket reads 'driving on the shoulder' or some shit like that.

I thought you couldn't get a ticket for earplugs. 

You can in CA brotha...

Here's the conversation:
'Do you know that wearing earplugs are illegal?'
'yes.'
'Then why are you wearing them?'
'Cuz going deaf is a pregnant dog.'
'You know I could cite you for those?'
'How do I respond to that?'
'At this point, it's just conversation.'
'Then yes, I know you could cite me for them.'
'What kind of helmet is that?'
'Shoei.'
'You know they make noise elimination devices for those, right?'
(me playing stupid) 'Really?'
'Well, I'm not going to give you a ticket for the earplugs.  But you really should look into other options.'
'Ok.'

And here's the kicker...  The CHP officer admitted that he was a rider of some CBRGSXRNINJA thingy.  Whateva... Roll Eyes

I honestly break like 20 laws per week and haven't had a ticket in months so I'm due.....I guess.

Still going to fight it though...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:43:04 AM »

According to tha AMA the police officer is wrong about ear plugs.  Head phones or ear buds would be another story.

http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=ca
California state motorcycle laws
Earplugs No Restriction.
jesse370

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »

dude...

My DP steering damper fails...Moron at the parts counter never tells me if they install the DP part is has a 2 year warranty, THEN tells ducati that I installed it myself....

Taking the POS off I rip up the stripe on the tank of my RS

I drop my bike working on it: bending my rear brake lever, rearset and scratching up my red clutch cover

Clutch fails at 4800 miles

Limping the bike home I pick up road debris and ruin the rear tire

Buy slipper clutch dealer turns my red pressure plate orange cause they used heat to install the throw-out bearing

And I like to think I'm a pretty nice person, but damn....THAT is some bad bike kharma.

White S4Rs | Ducati Performance Chip | Termi's | Hyperpro side mount damper | Motowheels MW-7000 Slipper | Billet Clutch Cover |  Speedymoto Ti Spring Caps | Speedymoto Stainless Springs | STM Frame Plugs | Ducati Performance Seat | CRG Roll-A-Clicks
red baron

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 08:26:04 PM »

dude...

My DP steering damper fails...Moron at the parts counter never tells me if they install the DP part is has a 2 year warranty, THEN tells ducati that I installed it myself....

I drop my bike working on it: bending my rear brake lever, rearset and scratching up my red clutch cover

Buy slipper clutch dealer turns my red pressure plate orange cause they used heat to install the throw-out bearing

And I like to think I'm a pretty nice person, but damn....THAT is some bad bike kharma.

She don't luv you. cheeky

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
derby

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 05:00:10 AM »

She don't luv you. cheeky

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
derby

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »

According to tha AMA the police officer is wrong about ear plugs.  Head phones or ear buds would be another story.

http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=ca
California state motorcycle laws
Earplugs No Restriction.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27400.htm

Wearing of Headsets or Earplugs

27400.   A person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may not wear a headset covering, or earplugs in, both ears. This prohibition does not apply to any of the following:

(a) A person operating authorized emergency vehicles, as defined in Section 165.

(b) A person engaged in the operation of either special construction equipment or equipment for use in the maintenance of any highway.

(c) A person engaged in the operation of refuse collection equipment who is wearing a safety headset or safety earplugs.

(d) A person wearing personal hearing protectors in the form of earplugs or molds that are specifically designed to attenuate injurious noise levels. The plugs or molds shall be designed in a manner so as to not inhibit the wearer's ability to hear a siren or horn from an emergency vehicle or a horn from another motor vehicle.

(e) A person using a prosthetic device that aids the hard of hearing.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
tangueroHondo

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »

dude...

HOLY COW!! What did you ever do to gel up that much bad karma??  Pistol whip a 90 year old deaf-mute wrapped in Depends?
jesse370

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »

i dunno man.....i dunno

clutch is being fixed though by dealer.

i had a talk with the bike, i hope we see eye to eye now.

White S4Rs | Ducati Performance Chip | Termi's | Hyperpro side mount damper | Motowheels MW-7000 Slipper | Billet Clutch Cover |  Speedymoto Ti Spring Caps | Speedymoto Stainless Springs | STM Frame Plugs | Ducati Performance Seat | CRG Roll-A-Clicks
Jarvicious
The guy in my avatar wants your

Balls

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 06:47:25 AM »

Phew.  I'm glad I'm not the only one that talks to my girl.  It makes a difference, I'm telling ya.

We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us.  We're taken hostage by the ones that we break.
NuTTs
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:52:51 PM »

Glad to hear that was the end of the weight on your shoulders man.. talking about bad bike karma, mine comes in free flying course format followed by an ambulance ride to the hospital.

make the beast with two backs karma
duc996

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 04:18:05 AM »

I'll take the ticket any day than a crash.

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »

Wait wait, let me get this straight.

You were riding illegally up the side of the road, but you are going to fight it?   

Any you're worried about karma?   laughingdp laughingdp applause

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: