Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:50:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caggers Suck  (Read 4389 times)
ruester007

on the 8th day he chopped the tail and went riddn

« on: September 25, 2008, 05:27:36 AM »

Long story short, I have to park my bike on the street because the condo board where I own a condo said I could not park in my own lot. Anyway, I got home from work last night and my bike was on its side. Needless to say I was nauseous at the sight. It was fairly windy, but I would never think it would turn the bike over. As I got up to the bike I saw that someone hit the bike with their vehicle because it burned/scuffed through the cover. I called the cops to fill out a report before I removed the cover.

The damage could have been worse but it landed on the brake/muffler side, and it landed on the curb. Both Termis are crushed/cracked and the bars are damaged. I need to tow it up to Barnett's today to have an estimate done for my insurance.  Maybe some good will come out of it, there are always up grades. I'll post pics when I get it back.

2007 - S4RS - Full termi system, integrated front signals/mirrors, Cox Racing radiator/oil cooler guard, frame sliders, DP tank guard, tinted windscreen, Sergeant Seat, pressure plate, spring retention caps, RCM clutch cover (painted), tail chop, emission removed, reflector removal
IN PROCESS - Rizoma clip-ons, grips and ends, Sodium blasted wheels
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:21:26 PM »

Sorry to hear about this, it makes me angry just thinking about it.   bang head

I could scrape together some spare garage space if you ever get tired of your baby being abused by cagers and out in the weather...
ruester007

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »

I am looking to buy a house, sick of dealing with the condo board!

2007 - S4RS - Full termi system, integrated front signals/mirrors, Cox Racing radiator/oil cooler guard, frame sliders, DP tank guard, tinted windscreen, Sergeant Seat, pressure plate, spring retention caps, RCM clutch cover (painted), tail chop, emission removed, reflector removal
ncgt1000

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 04:11:00 AM »

That's bad news.  I would surely tell the condo board about this.  Send them copies of the police report and keep them informed of all progress.  Maybe a bit of work on your part but if they can legally bug the sh*t out of you, then you can return the favor.  Besides, if you don't loose your temper during all this, someone on the board just might get the point.  Many of these boards just go to far because they don't know what else to do.  Are you an AMA member?  If you are tell them about this as well.  Couldn't  hurt.

So, you need help moving the bike around?  I got a single rail trailer, a good tow vehicle, and a clean driving record!

'07 GT1000 - with mods of course
SVJJ

Two Jugs Are Better Than Four Little Cups

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:36 AM »

Sorry that realy sucks!!!!   Cry
ruester007

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »

Its at Barnett's as we speak. Now its just the waiting that is killing me. I need a second bike!

DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 06:02:03 AM »

Sorry to hear this Dave.  Lemme know if you need anything.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
ruester007

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »

Thanks.  Its at the shop right now, and it doesn't seem too major. The termis will be replaced, and I order the rizoma clip ons. I am unsure if Barnett's will insal them or not. So I might need some assistance with that.
D

DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »

Thanks.  Its at the shop right now, and it doesn't seem too major. The termis will be replaced, and I order the rizoma clip ons. I am unsure if Barnett's will insal them or not. So I might need some assistance with that.
D

Sure.

Kent's coming over next week for tire changes.  Maybe your bike'll be ready by then.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Rameses

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »

Sure.

Kent's coming over next week for tire changes.  Maybe your bike'll be ready by then.

Make that Kent and John.

My Hyper already needs a new back tire.   Evil

ruester007

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:17:13 AM »

If its not ready I'll still come over and help out with the tire changes.

Rameses

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:20 AM »

If my frame sliders are here by then I'll probably bring them over and make it a full-on tech day.   waytogo

ruester007

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »

let's get it done.

Rameses

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 01:18:03 PM »

My frame sliders got here today.   waytogo

We're looking at Wednesday afternoon as a possibility.

Shultz, does that work for you?

ruester007

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »

I will be out of studio at about 6p. I can meet you guys then.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: