Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 10:27:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday ride Maybe??? KRJ???  (Read 1972 times)
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« on: October 01, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »

Hey I will be touring the Abbey for a Geography of Wines class I'm taking (yeah I know its rough) so I will be in Canyon City on my Duc hoefully if the weather is goo (looks like it)   Anyone (KRJ) wanna do an early afternoon ride???  or at least grab a brew somerwhere?  Lemme know.

brew

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:22:18 AM »

Oh Yeah,  I'm In..let's set a time and gather more riders!!    Could do a canyon blast to Salida ,Buena, hit hwy24 back to springs, or Texas Creek, Westcliffe, Bishops,.. [moto]

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:26:13 AM »

Hey I will be touring the Abbey for a Geography of Wines class I'm taking (yeah I know its rough) so I will be in Canyon City on my Duc hoefully if the weather is goo (looks like it)   Anyone (KRJ) wanna do an early afternoon ride???  or at least grab a brew somerwhere?  Lemme know.

brew

I'll be working, but when you're at the abbey, ask a question for me.  I just heard that they were bought out by a Texas company, and now you can't get their wines in Colorado liquor stores.  Can you buy them on site?  Lemme know, bro...I mean brew!
KRJ

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:02:38 AM »

Hey Smitch, not to be rubberneckin', but I seen your post to MB and got curious so I called a friend at the Abby Winery, the Winery is owned by a private firm  out of New Jersey, the other abby properties have been purchased by several different investors, the Winery is the #1 producer in colo. and is still growing. They will sell products in the state of Colo. only, in retail stores and at the Winery itself, and have no intention of changing in the future!  which in My opinion is a very good thing,   not that I would drink the stuff ya'know.   drink

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:36:27 AM »

Good to hear, they make great stuff, and I like to support local-ish businesses as often as I can.  Thanks for looking into it!
KRJ

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Well MonsterBrew, so far no takers. I will be riding for sure, throw down a time and place and we'll show'm .   we can find a target at the time. weather sounds good at present ! I haven't been snowed on yet this year though ..

monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 05:28:50 AM »

Soory, but it aint happenin for me.  My wife showed up last night for a suprise visit from ME, so I'll be kickin it with her today!   Vino!

brew

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: