Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 11:39:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moto Friendly Resturants  (Read 4364 times)
Sgt_H

« on: May 09, 2008, 09:38:35 AM »

I'm not that familiar with Minneapolis, or the side streets in St. Paul for that matter, and I'm still very new to the MN motorcycling community.  What are some good places to stop at when out on the bike (or any other time really)?  I'm thinking sandwhich shop, lunch, bar type places where you can grab a bite on the road.  Preferably non-subway, McDonalds etc.  I'm looking at the metro area but we can make a list for all over the state if everyone wants to add their favorite.

Sgt_H
Banned
erik822

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »

You might very well know these two:

Bob's Java Hut
A coffee shop in uptown.
http://www.bobs33.com/

Dulono's Pizza
A pizza place in uptown. Sponsors First Thursdays.
http://www.dulonospizzamn.com/

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »

Good Thread.  I have been looking for new MC friendly places to visit too.
Retro Roast and Fountain in Loretto on the West side is a great place to stop by.  Located on Cty Rd 19 between Hwy 55 and Hwy 12 (394).  If you are headed to Delano on 394 go North on 19 and it will be on the left as you come in to Loretto.
Monday nights are $1 off Malts if you arrive by MC.  Tongue

A great family run place.  Very friendly with parking in front if you are lucky.
Link to Retro:  http://www.retroroast.com/
Ulf
900 SSie

1999 900 SS i.e Track modified (right side)
Sgt_H

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 02:52:20 PM »

I only made it to Dulano's once last year, and I only got there because I was riding with Pete. 

I guess I should add a couple since I started the thread.  I don't know how specifically moto friendly they are, but they are good none the less.

Oakdale:

5/8 Tavern- corner of Minnehaha and McKnight.  Crowded, overflowing even, at happy hour but empty around lunch time before happy hour starts.  Good around dinner time too.  Good greasy burger joint, nice clean parking lot though no bike specific parking.

El Mezquite- Just North of Minnehaha on Century Ave.  One of the best Mexican resturants I've come across in MN.  The burritos are great but filling.  The parking lot is not great, but it's usually empty so no worries finding a spot. 

Sgt_H
Banned
fasterblkduc

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 05:57:11 AM »

I was thinking about this since you first posted and that's a tough question. For the past few years, I've avoided riding to restaurants because the parking for bikes usually sux. I can think of a couple in the city....

Psycho Suzie's in N.E. Minneapolis...full of hipsters, good place to get drinks and hang out with other bikers, punk rocker types, etc (my kind of people Wink)

Downtown there are two restaurants next to each other that don't mind bikes parking up on the sidewalk. Bar Lurcat and Joe's garage. Lurcat is expensive and very trendy (good date spot), and Joe's has seating out on the roof overlooking Loring park. There are usually several bikes parked out on the sidewalk next to the bicycle racks. Look these places up to get reviews and directions. They are very trendy but are moto friendly.

Otherwise when I'm out riding, I'm on a 6 hr. ride in the twisties so I'm no where near the city. I guess it's rare for me to ride to any restaurant.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
fasterblkduc

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 06:09:12 AM »

Just thought of another three....

Figlio in Uptown has lots of bikes parked outside on Lake Street. No one cares that 15 bikes take up about 3 parking meters.

And Uptown Bar just across the street has parking in the rear. The lot attendant is cool about fitting in several bikes by the back door, and they sit and watch over your bike! (but beware of the really crappy food)

Grumpy's downtown lets bikes park by the back door too. This place is actually my favorite mentioned so far.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Roy

M696

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »

Java J's Coffee shop: 700 N. Washington Mpls, MN 55401 - It is in the Warehouse District.  I personally haven't been there, but I've seen bikes parked outside...

Rev. Millertime

Professional Asshole and all around creepy guy.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 04:29:17 PM »

Not sure if they still do it, but Maynard's out in Excelsior had a pretty nice bike parking area last time I was there.

Off of the main parking lot, and in full view of the bar area.

I think it was once a pool, but is now filled in with concrete.  No worries about sinking into the blacktop on a summer afternoon.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night.
Sgt_H

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:49 AM »

I tried to post this the other day but the board ate it or something.  I don't want to just look at resturants as destinations.  But if you ride out for an hour or three, is there something at the turnaround point, something along the way?  Cool local places for people who for whatever reason find themselves in your neck of the woods. 

Being on the east side I've taken some back roads out to Afton and there's a couple places there that aren't bad.  The Afton House Inn has a casual bar/resturant in the back half of the building that's pretty good.  Lerkburgers are pretty good if you happen to find the place open.  I also like taking Robert trail down to Rosemount but I haven't stopped anywhere down there yet.  Though, one time I did stop at KOD on the way back.  They have bike parking. Smiley

Sgt_H
Banned
Rev. Millertime

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »

KOD?

What were you doing at a peeler bar?  Roll Eyes

Sgt_H

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »

KOD?

What were you doing at a peeler bar?  Roll Eyes

They have a sectioned off cement moto parking area...? 

Sgt_H
Banned
Rev. Millertime

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 03:53:43 PM »

They have a sectioned off cement moto parking area...? 

Moto parking... sounds like quite a respectable establishment!

Schwanger

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 06:05:47 PM »

I don't care what kind of parking they have.  If the establishment in question is located in a place that contains the word "Heights"...no bueno.

However if said establishment has an italian buffet and free cover during the month of february with a college I.D. and steals any pictures of toasters taken inside...now that spells class.
Rev. Millertime

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 06:28:26 PM »

I don't care what kind of parking they have.  If the establishment in question is located in a place that contains the word "Heights"...no bueno.

However if said establishment has an italian buffet and free cover during the month of february with a college I.D. and steals any pictures of toasters taken inside...now that spells class.

Ahhh..

I see you've been to The Northern!   laughingdp

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: