Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:41:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED Brake Light  (Read 6096 times)
giannig

« on: May 09, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »

Well I finally got sick of blowing the brake light bulb so I decided to try out one of these Moto-LED lights from Monsterparts.

http://http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/10501/Electrical/10501.html

My initial impressions are that they are very good quality, extremely bright and very easy to install. They are a little pricey but in my opinion worth it. There are cheaper options but haven't heard too many good things about them.

The thing that impressed me most was just how quick it was at lighting up. There is a noticeable difference - could be the difference between life and death.

Highly recommended  wt:

sydmonster
Street_Cred_Points.com CEO

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »

Thanks for the mini-review Giannig,
I too got sick of blowing bulbs, so instead I made my own LED board and connected it all up. Not that tricky really. I also put on aftermarket blinkers. Much brighter that the 13yo factory things. Much smaller too. Really cleans up the rear.

...Sydmonster - down under
Contact me about your mods and what Street Cred Points you can earn!
Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:55:02 PM »

Thanks for the mini-review Giannig,
I too got sick of blowing bulbs, so instead I made my own LED board and connected it all up. Not that tricky really. I also put on aftermarket blinkers. Much brighter that the 13yo factory things. Much smaller too. Really cleans up the rear.

I certain waitress in Sydney has mentioned how good your rear end looked ! must be those self installed LED's  Grin
Super T.I.B
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:16:42 PM »

I certain waitress in Sydney has mentioned how good your rear end looked ! must be those self installed LED's  Grin

HaHa  ;:|

The one with the coke bottle eye glasses.

cheeky
BretMorris

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 08:37:26 PM »

So apart from make one yourself are there cheaper options to the $95 US plus shipping??
Spider

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 09:38:41 PM »

yeah, the Clear Alternatives is 79.95 (minus 10% if you're a platinum member of DML). you get a LED board and a clear/smoke lens

http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/CTL-0023-1-L/Electrical/CTL-0023-1-L.html

however the MOTO is apparently a level above the CA.

I have the CA and it is definetly better than a stock light. Some over at TOB had problems with a lack of quality on the product however.

I'd pay the premium and get the premium product! rear lights are pretty important
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 09:42:47 PM by Spider » Logged
dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 12:29:39 AM »

Spider, you ARE nominated the Bling test pilot for us!!! waytogo Smiley cheeky

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
R_usty

S4RS DUC-23

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 01:07:43 AM »

Guys, just to help out here - I went down to my local Jaycar store, bought an LED build that fits straight into the slot and then because I wanted brighter LEDs I just bough two strips of BRIGHT RED LEDs that have adhesive on the back and wired them into the circuit - Hey presto - VERY bright stopping lights, normal LED running lights and all good  cheeky Cost - maybe $20.

Cheer, R_usty coffee

PS. Some of the best mods are sometimes the cheapest ones - I don't just pay $ but thought about it and had a bit of fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monster S4RS - Sold....... Looking for a new ride!
sydmonster
Street_Cred_Points.com CEO

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 02:36:08 AM »

HaHa  ;:|
The one with the coke bottle eye glasses.
 cheeky
Tongue
 Grin, b'stards - Chris [moto] cheeky

...Sydmonster - down under
Contact me about your mods and what Street Cred Points you can earn!
Spider

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »

Chris, I'll have an order coming over from Jeff within a week - feel free to put it in with mine if you wish to save shipping.

You keep laughing mate, we're just jealous, number of waitresses that have behaved at sexual predators; preying upon me is zero! Although I like to think I would 'submit' and become prey to such an attack quicker than you.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 04:55:48 AM »

Guys, just to help out here - I went down to my local Jaycar store, bought an LED build that fits straight into the slot and then because I wanted brighter LEDs I just bough two strips of BRIGHT RED LEDs that have adhesive on the back and wired them into the circuit - Hey presto - VERY bright stopping lights, normal LED running lights and all good  cheeky Cost - maybe $20.

Cheer, R_usty coffee

PS. Some of the best mods are sometimes the cheapest ones - I don't just pay $ but thought about it and had a bit of fun!

Hey R_usty, I'd like to see how you did this. I like my red tail light lens, have you fit the board under it or got a clear/smoke option?
Might have a go at doing this also, do you have part numbers or maybe you can just show me the setup sometime.

cheers
Matty...

BretMorris

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 12:44:36 PM »

I am more than happy to retain the standard lens cover as I like the red but would like to "brighten" up the lighting efffect.  So out of all the ones on the market, excluding the home grown one, what would members recommend?  Looking for the one that is the easiest to "plug in and work"....??

Thanks

Bret
Spider

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 01:45:53 PM »

Bret,

when these get released (through Monster Parts) I'll be getting one !

http://www.vizi-tec.com/SUPANOVA/SupaNova_ProductInformation.htm

if you haven't got an upgrade then I'll send you my clear alternatives led board (you can use your red lens) and if you like it throw a bit of cash at me!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:49:12 PM by Spider » Logged
BretMorris

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »

That is more than a fair deal mate.....

Nice looking light assembly.

Bret
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 04:30:23 PM »

Like that SupaNova thing Spider.
Will still take a look at what R_usty has done when he gets back on here.

Matty...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: