Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 11:41:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Counting down the days....and lookin for a job  (Read 1535 times)
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« on: October 12, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

Well it seems as though my move to Maine is one step closer to reality, as anyone who's read my posts knows, my wife has been there since April, and I'm trying to wrap up a degree at CU, our house sold a few months ago, and now we are looking at some places in Augusta.  Not sure where all the Mainer duc folks are at, but hopefully 1 or 2 of you are up that way.  I only have 11 (maybe less) more days at work, then its all about getting the move logistics in order.  BTW I'm still looking for a job out there anywhere w/in an hour drive of Augusta.  I've applied for some w/ the state, the Navy, and a few engineering/consulting firms.  If anyone has any connections or knows anywhere looking for a GIS tecnician/analyst, environmental guru, or gps based surveying stuff, I'm the man. If anyone has an idea please PM me and I can email my resume.  I will probably be back out that way around turkey day, possibly driving a big ass Uhaul if we find the right house.  I'll be sure to post up before moving day, so I can recruit assistance in exchange for mass quantities or beer!!!! 

Later,

brew
aka Dan

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 02:38:56 PM »

Glad to hear things are shaping up!

I live about 30 minutes south of Augusta, but I'm up that way on a pretty regular basis. I'm with the Navy in Brunswick, so if you wind up working for them I'm sure our paths will cross.

Not sure specifically what you're looking for, but DeLorme has a big office (with a GIANT globe) between Freeport and Yarmouth, just off 295. I'm sure there's other stuff closer to Augusta, too.

Definitely give a yell when you need help unloading the truck. My services can be bought with booze.  chug

I just saw your post about the GP viewing today, otherwise I'd have definitely been up for it. Oh, well!

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:33:06 PM »

Truck is rented, and the official move day is Nov 24!  that will put me in Augusat on the 26th (yeah I'm wanna those get cranked on red bull non stop foolz) Sooooooooooo if anyone close is not doing anything the weekend immediately after Turkey Day, my wife and I could definitely use a hand unloading!!!!!  (hint hint) There will be plenty of free food  bacon and beer   drink for anyone willing to lend a hand! I will then be flying back to CO and heading back out after X-Mas with my Baileydog (aka spoiled rotten Black Lab) and what ever else I forgot.  BTW I'm still unemployed at the moment so if anybody has some connections let me know (see earlier post).

Laterz,

BREW

aka Dan

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
TwoWheels

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »

Hi brew,
Good luck with your move.

If you're still looking for work, you might want to check into James W. Sewall Company (http://www.jws.com/).  They are in Old Town, so it's a haul from Augusta.  There is also a GIS jobs site that may help:  http://www.gjc.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: