Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 05:40:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving Back Home!!!!! :-)  (Read 2976 times)
sikducgrl

Crazy? Possibly, but do YOU want a boring life?

« on: October 13, 2008, 01:54:10 PM »

Hey all!
I am originally from Mpls, and have been living in NH for the last 7 years.
I came home for a moment a few weeks ago, and made a snap decision that I was going to move back.
I am going to be there around Dec 1, and am going to leave Mommy's little Monster in NH for the winter to let the boys at BCM play with her some, but am planning on coming back to get her come mud season, and am going to ride her back to Mpls.
In the meantime, I would like to get to know some of the local Ducati Riders.
I know I met one at Bob's the Sunday before I left on a SICK chipped Red 748 with Termi's
I don't hop on this thing very often (Sorry Nate) I am too busy trying to get ready for my move, but if you want, you can reach me via myspace or my regular e mail, I know that there is a group that gets together the first Thursday of every month as well.....I need to find more people with the same sickness that I have when I get home!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi
mnmoosenh2@aol.com
Myspace is mnmoosenh2 or look up "Satan to you!"

Hope to start playing soon......oh, and I need Mn Track info, I refuse to go a sunmer without at LEAST 6 track days!!!!!
Latah

Off her Rocker, having a blast, trying to keep up with the boys, cored her exhaust out of winter boredom, woodcraft clip ons (need to be more agressive), Irish rear (no rear), and the wing nut that rides her is just as much fun......we call her the Bebe!
fasterblkduc

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:31:34 AM »

Welcome back to Minneapolis chug

You'll find plenty of people with the same sickness. We've had a monthly Italian Bike Night (Notte Italiana), for the past three years. It's moved venues a couple of times and we are about to move again, but we just don't know where yet. The last two months, we've met at Grumpy's downtown on Washington Ave. Over the winter, we will probably keep meeting there, or try some other places. I think the plan is to have fewer of these meetings over the winter because when it's cold, only a handfull of peeps show. Stay tuned here for updates, or go to www.mnducati.com and there you can get on an e-mail list to get updates. Monstergirl is a member on here who organizes the bike night, and runs the mnducati website. She's been working to get a Ducati owners club going for Minnesota.

Trackaddix hosts the trackdays for the upper midwest. http://www.trackaddix.com/  Between MAM, and BIR, you will have plenty. There is one coming up at RA, but if you don't have your bike, that doesn't help you any.
There are lots of Monsters racing locally now. I race one and my teammate is setting one up for next year.  My website-  www.teamatomicracing.com  (I know, the photos and results section are not updated yet...I'm waiting on the official points.)

Hope that helps!  chug

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
sikducgrl

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 04:26:04 AM »

Evil
RIGHT ON!
I see my own personal Dr. Evil coming out to plan my track days already!!!!
I am hoping that I can arrange my trip out here to pick up the little one (Monster) around a couple of final track days at Loudon, I'll miss that track, but I have enough friends here that will bring a spare bike for me to ride it if I should visit again.
I am going to be there first of Dec, so I don't really think I am going to get too much time for riding in anyway there until the spring.
Not to mention, she has had some issues, so I am going to have BCM work on her a bit through the winter to make her a happy little beast when I get set for my road trip. My rear is going to be sooooooore!
The info that you gave me totally helps, and when I get working I can get more into getting to get togethers, I try not to miss them.
I am a member of nedoc, so I guess that I am going to have to switch sides, but maybe a dual citizenship would work lol.
Well, off to enjoy the bright reds an yellows of New England while we still have them.

Thanks for the good news, and I will try to keep an eye on things as the move date gets closer, so that I can get to know people that I am going to play with.

Off her Rocker, having a blast, trying to keep up with the boys, cored her exhaust out of winter boredom, woodcraft clip ons (need to be more agressive), Irish rear (no rear), and the wing nut that rides her is just as much fun......we call her the Bebe!
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:33:56 AM »

Welcome Back to MN.
There are also track days at DCTC (Dakota County Technical College) in Rosemount SE of Twin Cities.  Very fun and highly technical track but fairly short about 1 mile.
Riding Course does full days all summer (dates post in Jan and fill up immediately):  http://www.ridingcourse.com/
Zalusky Advanced Riding School does both full day and evening sessions: http://www.advancedridingschool.net/
Both use a 3 group format with 20min sessions; Beginner/Intermediate/ Advanced

Vino!

1999 900 SS i.e Track modified (right side)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:02:04 AM »

Carefull Ulf, they get upset when you call them trackdays. Technically they are performance riding courses. (I think it's a liability/insurance issue)
Jessica is working to get the schedule done for hers ASAP.

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
sikducgrl

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 05:15:52 PM »

Nice! I love more track time. Is it an actual track at Dakota County? I didn't think that there was one in that area, I only thought there was Brainerd and Road America.
I am used to a technical track, I have been riding the road course at Loudon, NH, and they say that is the most technical track in the states......who knows, if it weren't for the Trashcar transitions that track would be sooooooooooo much better, but we all ride it, and are used to the spots to watch out for. Just the idiots don't care and do what idiots do best (Highside coming out of turns 3 and 12) and that track is just over a mile, I want to say either 1.6 or 1.3 Mi.
I'll have to get to know the new tracks in MN, I am looking forward to playing on them, I live for the track now that I have experienced it.

fasterblkduc

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:49 AM »

It's a training course not a racetrack. It's used by law enforcement and driving schools. All cornering skills. If you like technical tracks, you are coming back at the right time because the new short course layout at BIR is very technical. It has off camber turns, a big fat carousel that tightens up and drops into a chicane, and nice new sticky pavement! We raced there for the first time last month...it was awesome. BIR now has two configurations to run. The long course, and new short course, so we have the best of both worlds.
There is also MAM outside of Omaha. It's a very fun track with nice technical turns. So, within a half day drive, you have plenty to choose from.

See ya at the track!
 chug

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
sikducgrl

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to find a decent Mechanic in the area, and I am set.....I don't want to have to haul thatlittle girl back here every time she needs a valve adjustment (she's overdue as it is) and I have been with BCM since I bought her.......I'll have to go to a DOC get together and start doing my homework when I get into town. I am so excited, I am actually counting the days.......42 to be exact until I leave this barren area.
There are as many people in the whole state of NH as there are in the city of Mpls, pretty sad huh?

fasterblkduc

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 05:25:33 AM »

Again...you're in luck Grin

Great Ducati mechanics are easy to find here. Silverback Performance in St. Paul, and Moto Primo are both great choices. You can't go wrong with either one. Moto Primo is a dealership so don't get discouraged if you go there and talk to the service writers. They are not that knowledgeable but they are not working on your bike. Todd is. He is a very good mechanic. And while you're there, they sell just about any kind of gear that you could want/need. Talk to Zach for all your gear/parts needs.
Silverback is an independent shop with two awesome mechanics that can do anything BCM can...I promise you that. Doug Lofgren works there. He is one of the best known performance tuners in the country. Many people have hauled their bikes from just about every state to have Doug work his magic...true story.

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
sikducgrl

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 04:04:00 AM »

True Story huh? I will check into that, similar situation with BCM. Kyle is one of the top 5 mechanics in the country, so I suppose that I have been blessed to be only an hour or so ride from them (depends on whether or not I take a detour along the way when I see a road that I don't know and manage to get lost).
This is all good to know though.
It's sad, why I make a move this far, all winter I am going to do nothing but worry about her (she is staying in my mothers barn until I come out to get her and ride her back....AFTER I do one or two last track days at Loudon).

So you have been giving me all of this killer info, are you the town Ducati info Guru??
 We have one of those here, El Presidente of our local DOC, he's a real nut job, and SOOO much fun to be around! Not to mention, you can ask him ANYTHING about Ducati or BMW, nd he will know.

Well, 40 days until the move, I suppose I really should start packing up some of my things at some point here.

fasterblkduc

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 05:44:04 AM »

So you have been giving me all of this killer info, are you the town Ducati info Guru??

Oh hell no! I'm just a sick, moto geek.
For some reason, when the old board (DML), changed and people jumped ship, this new board has been really quiet. I'm not sure why. We've got great knowledgeable local peeps! It's just been really quiet around here since then. So, when you get back here, it's your mission to wake them up  coffee [moto]

I guess I can offer some racetrack knowledge, so hit me up with any questions there. chug
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:55:19 AM by fasterblkduc » Logged

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
sikducgrl

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »

Evil Was I just given permission to be totally evil and nutty?Huh? I can do that! Wake people up, it is!!!!!!!!!!! I will try hard all winter to do my best, but as long as I can be a little pain in the process.....I'm in!

Did I fail to mention that on many occasions I have been referred to as, Oh, Spawn of Satan, the Evil one, and the list just goes on, so yes, I can create ways to get more people in on things.....no, wait, I forgot, I mention that I will be there, and they usually turn tail and run.

Crap! I gotta work on that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: