Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:10:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anniversary Gift Ideas  (Read 8573 times)
LMT
Post Whore

« on: October 16, 2008, 08:17:31 AM »

Laura and I are celebrating 15 years of non legally biding wedded bliss in November. 17 years in total!  Next week we will be staying in Oakland, CA at Mills College, where we met.  We had our ceremony in the Mills chapel.  I would like to give her a gift while we are there.

I am having a hard time thinking of a suitable gift.  I am getting a MotoFizz clock for my Monster ( I hope).  I say what I want, provide the www or catalog and then wait.  Not so easy with Laura.  You would think that after all these years I would know what to get.  All the great ideas I have would be not be what she would like.  No jewelery, no flowers, nothing sentimental, etc.  I am thinking of a new leather coat.  She has been wearing the same one for the last 8 years and it starting to look dated and worn.

Any ideas?  Don't let the fact that you do not know her stop you from shouting out ideas.  My creative energy is at a low right now. Too much work and family crap....

Mary
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:39:33 AM »

I once paid an art student $100 to do a charcoal sketch based on a photo of my wife and myself, another $50-$100 for a simple but tasteful frame and you have one of those "meaningful gifts" that they get all mushy about.....

These days you could probably get the whole shebang done for $100 total.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:56:32 AM »

I once paid an art student $100 to do a charcoal sketch based on a photo of my wife and myself, another $50-$100 for a simple but tasteful frame and you have one of those "meaningful gifts" that they get all mushy about.....

These days you could probably get the whole shebang done for $100 total.

Problem is that I am the mushy one.  Not a bad idea though.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:14:01 AM »

If the non-standard gifts are out....

What does she like to do? List her hobbies.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
SheMonster
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:39 AM »

Here's the traditional and comtemporary gifts for a 15th Anniversary

15th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Traditional Anniversary Gift: Crystal
Modern Anniversary Gift: Glass/Watches
Travel Anniversary Gift Ideas: Switzerland, Austria

Can you work something with these?
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 10:22:45 AM »

If the non-standard gifts are out....

What does she like to do? List her hobbies.

She likes to garden, move dirt and rocks around, and look at gardening/plant books.  We are redoing her folks property.  They are paying for everything so 2 yards of dirt is out as a gift.

I got her Falco pruners one year and a weed flamethrower another year.  I can't think of anything she needs or wants right now.
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:24:26 AM »

Here's the traditional and contemporary gifts for a 15th Anniversary

15th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Traditional Anniversary Gift: Crystal
Modern Anniversary Gift: Glass/Watches
Travel Anniversary Gift Ideas: Switzerland, Austria

Can you work something with these?

I looked at this too.  She does not wear a watch and we have all the crystal we have room for.  Travel that far away is out of the question right now.
SheMonster
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 11:11:40 AM »

How about combining the love of gardening with traditional crystal? Smiley

Found on  http://www.romanceher.com/

Crystal Rose
A beautiful small rose, captured in three dimensions, from stunning cut glass.The rose measures 6 inches long by 1 and 1/2 inches in depth and height. Comes with a gift box and bow, and can be delivered with your message.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 11:54:05 AM »

She likes to garden, move dirt and rocks around, and look at gardening/plant books.  We are redoing her folks property.  They are paying for everything so 2 yards of dirt is out as a gift.

I got her Falco pruners one year and a weed flamethrower another year.  I can't think of anything she needs or wants right now.

I know it's a flower, but, my mother had gotten my dad an amaryllis as a gift a terribly long time ago. It blooms every spring. Might not be bad for someone who is into the gardening thing.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
lytehouse

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 01:37:44 PM »

you can't go wrong with diamonds!!!!!!!!!!
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 02:30:52 PM »

you can't go wrong with diamonds!!!!!!!!!!

I am the one that would like diamonds.  Laura only wears one ring and wants no other jewelry.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 08:35:59 PM »

How about a spa visit, would she like that?

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »

congratulations mary Smiley
a plant or plants for her garden would be good, but be sure to get her more than one in case it should not make it...

LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 05:04:24 PM »

congratulations mary Smiley
a plant or plants for her garden would be good, but be sure to get her more than one in case it should not make it...

We do not have a garden at our condo.  She is redoing her parents yard and they pay for everything. 

I would like a gift I can give her at the chapel while we are at Mills reliving the good old days.  It would be great to get married there again in a legal way!  She wants to wait until it is legal in all 50 states.  We may be very OLD by then.  I am not holding my breath.

I would be happy with jewelry, a new watch, shoes, or anything for the bike.  Laura is very hard to shop for.  I may just make her a card.  A very nice card.  One year for Valentine's day I stole a road barricade, painted it, and then moved it all around Emeryville, Berkley, and Oakland.  It had hearts, her name and I forget what else.  She almost wrecked the car!
Major Slow

09 1198s 07 S4R 04 FLSTFI 04 XL1200C 66 cl77

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »

Laura and I are celebrating 15 years of non legally biding wedded bliss in November. 17 years in total!  Next week we will be staying in Oakland, CA at Mills College, where we met.  We had our ceremony in the Mills chapel.  I would like to give her a gift while we are there.

If its not too late, why not a a legally binding ceremony at the same chapel?

You cannot argue with crazy because crazy is not willing to be convinced. Hell, it's not even willing to listen to the arguments.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: