Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:31:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying from local Dealer, maintenance question.  (Read 1877 times)
brickdogg

« on: October 19, 2008, 10:34:43 PM »

Hello fellow Arizonians!!

I have recently learned I will be getting a ducati for my graduation from my wife and want to hear about people's experiences at the local dealerships.  I understand there are three and I wanted to find out if one was more friendly, easier to deal with, etc than any of the others. Post your experiences if you bought your bike here in AZ.

Secondly, I have heard about the high costs of the scheduled maintenance, please let me know what you have paid for yours and the location you go to.  I will be getting a new 696 monster if that makes any difference in estimated cost.

advTHANKSance for your thoughts and information!!
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »

Congrats!

I'm new to Phoenix, so I've not had any service done locally yet.

Been to all three dealers in the area, and they all look fine.  Unfortunately, you can't judge a book by it's cover, so I can't really give any feedback.

However, when the time comes for my 7500 mile service I'm gonna try the Scottsdale location.  (FWIW: I saw a cool Desmosedici there Saturday!)

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

SheMonster
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:22:54 AM »

I have bought a new motorcycle from each of the dealers in town

The Monster from AZSBK in 2002
The 749 from Phoenix International (now Ducati/Triumph Superstore) in 2005
The Daytona from Scottsdale Ducati/Triumph in 2007

All were great experiences, although neither Phoenix International or Scottsdale Ducati are owned now by the same owners as when I bought bikes from them.  Just an observation, but only AZSBK has had stable ownership.  Haven't had any dealings with the other dealerships since they changed ownership/management to be able to have an opinion one way or another.
pennyrobber

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:25:19 AM »

The new guys at Ducati Superstore (formerly Phoenix International) are great. I haven't had any experience with new guys up in Scottsdale though. If I were in the market right now I would check out the dealers in the following order:

Ducati Superstore
Ducati Scottsdale
AZ Superbike

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
Dietrich

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »

With more than one dealer in town you have choices.  One thing to consider if you will rely on them for service/warranty work/etc. is to get familiar with whoever is closest to you.  Then I would pay each a visit, tell them you intentions, and see how you feel about the response.  For example, the experience I had with the old owners of Phoenix International was that I would NEVER buy a bike from them, so I got mine from AZSBK before Ducati Scottsdale was open.  The new owners/employees of what is now Ducati Superstore have completely turned that around and I'm sure you'll have a great experience there.

In reality you're going to get praise and complaints from someone about every shop.  What depends is how they will work out for you personally.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: