Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:23:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help, suspension upgrades for 695  (Read 5208 times)
onaboat

« on: May 10, 2008, 06:23:09 AM »

hi people, i remember reading a few post of people with 695's on DML (doodoo...now) having upgraded to Racetech fork springs but when i went to my local Racetech center (elk grove, ca), they told me Racetech didn't make anything for the 695 at all. With that said, for the people that had upgraded their fork springs for the 695 please chime in, i hate the stock forks, it dips wayyyy too much even with moderate braking :bang. I don't have to have Racetech springs but thats the only company that I've come across.

I'm also in the market for new rear shock spring, I'm going to give Eibach a call but if you guys can chime in that'll be great.

thanks
DEVO!

07' 695

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »

hi people, i remember reading a few post of people with 695's on DML (doodoo...now) having upgraded to Racetech fork springs but when i went to my local Racetech center (elk grove, ca), they told me Racetech didn't make anything for the 695 at all. With that said, for the people that had upgraded their fork springs for the 695 please chime in, i hate the stock forks, it dips wayyyy too much even with moderate braking :bang. I don't have to have Racetech springs but thats the only company that I've come across.

I'm also in the market for new rear shock spring, I'm going to give Eibach a call but if you guys can chime in that'll be great.

thanks

So what happened when you called eibach?
onaboat

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 03:20:07 PM »

no response from eibach yet, but department of suspension did get back to me, good people over there wt:. they have the parts for me, i just hope i dont have to unistall my forks and shock to send to them
DEVO!

07' 695

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »

keep me updated I want some new springs for my forks too! wt:
Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40:18 AM »

tell me about the forks on the 695:

Showa, non adjustable, diameter - they are upside down, right?

I remember reading an article on a motorcycle magazine internet page about the mods they did (for $1500) on a 695 to get the most out of it...and I'm sure racetech springs were in there.

I'm talking to the racetech importer....so if you let me know about the forks I'll double check for you!

Spider
mmakay

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:05:08 AM »

tell me about the forks on the 695:

Showa, non adjustable, diameter - they are upside down, right?

I remember reading an article on a motorcycle magazine internet page about the mods they did (for $1500) on a 695 to get the most out of it...and I'm sure racetech springs were in there.

I'm talking to the racetech importer....so if you let me know about the forks I'll double check for you!

Spider

Forks are 43mm Marzochi non-adjustable.  (Completely interchangeable with other monster forks.)  Rear is rebound-only-adjustable Saches. 

- Mickey
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:57 AM »

I know someone who had racetech springs and forks installed onto the forks of his 07 695, so it is possible.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
onaboat

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 08:48:04 PM »

cool, thanks for all the replies people, maybe i should have called racetech myself Undecided. departmentofsuspension got back to me but they want me to send them the forks and rear shock, honestly i dont feel comfortable uninstalling the parts.
Sgt_H

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 07:20:37 AM »

I was asking in another thread about my '99 750 because I figured it was different than the newer bikes.  Bigiain pointed me to Racetech for my bike here http://www.racetech.com/evalving/english/Srchpr.asp?bikeid=42&manufacture=Ducati&model=750+Monster&year=98%2D01&TABLEINFO=street&langname=english

They have a search feature here http://www.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchstreet.asp but I don't see the 695 listed.  If the 695 forks are interchangeable (?) then you might be able to order the ones listed for the 750 or 900? 

I'm not a suspension guy but I'm going to order these springs and give installing them a shot.  I need to change the oil anyway.  I've never done that either so it should be fun.

Sgt_H
Banned
Spider

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »

Don't be put off by that on-line database! It didn't have a M1000s either, you can still get the springs.

Talk to Racetech direct!
tommys67
Captain Slow

'08 Fireblade

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 07:48:19 AM »

I went the non-cheap route with my 695 - I ordered the Matris fork kit from Jason at the Department of Suspension (still one of the greatest business names EVER, IMO).

***NOTE - I'm not sure if Jason is still selling Matris products, but I have inquired***

The kit was about a grand, and if you ship your forks to Jason, he'll charge about 100 to install.  A shop will charge about 200.  Or you could do it yourself if you're so inclined.

I'm a big guy, and I needed all the help I could get to have my bike handle properly for me.

As always - YMMV.

I live my life as a warning to others.
Founder - www.suspectsunlimited.com
onaboat

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 04:49:48 PM »

thats cool dude, i wasn't aware matris make fork kits for the 695, but i'm a featherweight so i don't need anything that drastic. racetech still hasn't gotten back to me  Embarrassed
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 04:56:40 PM »

My dealer (BCM in Laconia, NH) fixed me right up with replacement springs and fork oil on my 620, which made a big difference compared to stock. I'm pretty certain your 695 forks are the same. If RaceTech can't fix you up, it might be worth talking with your dealer.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
onaboat

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »

the dealer didn't even bother to offer me to change my oil or springs because my bike is only 7 months old
Spider

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 09:16:13 PM »

the dealer didn't even bother to offer me to change my oil or springs because my bike is only 7 months old

mate, it sounds like they are scared of suspension - is there a motorcycle suspension expert anywhere around you? Down here we have 3 blokes that just specialize in suspension (both car and bike) and that's all they do! and boy are they passionate!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: