Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:55:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashed...  (Read 7404 times)
mattb

« on: May 10, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »

So I'm the a-hole who crashed on the ride this morning Wink  No Tigre calibre crash, but as Spidey said, I "owned" it.

Short story - not a scratch on me (full gear) and the bike isn't bad - I think I could have ridden it if I hadn't broken the shift lever off - just a few scratches on the tank.  I lost it at the end of a downhill left hander on pescadero, no pics of the scene, but I'll put up a few pics of the bike later.  Totally my fault - came in a little hot and if I'd turned my head and leaned a bit more, I coulda made it.  Instead, I got off in the dirt and split some trees going down a fairly steep hill maybe 15-20 feet.  Sooooo lucky to find a relatively soft spot to crash Wink

Super thanks to all the guys who found me at Alice's - and especially John who lent the tow truck driver and I a hand get the bike up out of the ditch - you're a total savior man.

Also thanks to the random girl who gave me a lift back to Alice's where I could get a cell signal - she was on her way to a Giants game - lives in that area and totally rocks her Saturn through those turns, ha ha.

And many thanks to CC Rider Tow (415-334-8697) for going the extra mile to help get my bike out of the ditch and bringing my ass back up to SF.  His name escapes me at the moment, but I highly recommend this guy if you need a tow - he didn't have a winch on his truck which would have made my recovery easier, but we got the bike out eventually.

Keep it safe guys - I'm really fortunate to be uninjured and with a relatively okay bike.

cya

m
DarkStaR

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »

Sorry to hear about the crash.   Embarrassed

At least you're okay.    wt:

ROBsS4R

No matter where you go, there you are

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:47:38 PM »

Glad your okay.  wt:

It all happens to the best of us eventually

SOLD 03 - Ducati Monster Dark M620

05 - Ducati Monster Blue/white S4R

My Photo Site http://secondnature.smugmug.com/

CharliesAngel

2003 M620 (sold), 2001 900SS

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 02:51:22 PM »

Thanks for the update and am very glad to hear that you are okay!  wt:

Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoise. - Fox to le Petit Prince
eviltwin

eurotrash

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »

Glad you're ok dude!  We were all starting to stress until we saw you back at 4 corners. 

Look forward to doing it again....well the riding part anyways Wink

We are 138
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »

I groaned when I saw the thread title, but very glad to know that you are ok.  Gear works!  waytogo
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:24:46 AM by msincredible » Logged

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 06:24:19 PM »

I wonder if this is the same left hander we had an accident on last year? Is it a left that goes immediately into a right?

Glad you came out unscathed and the bike not too bad...

eobo
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 06:40:01 PM »

wow, "through the trees." Ughhhgaaawd what a thought  pu::

Really glad you pulled that off. Ya, "slow perfect lines." My new moto for a bit. Crashing sucks.
Vindingo

02' 620 Dirty

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »

I wonder if this is the same left hander we had an accident on last year? Is it a left that goes immediately into a right?

Glad you came out unscathed and the bike not too bad...

It was on Pescadero after you go up hill throught those tight twisties, it opens up, then you go downhill.  There are 2, almost 180 lefts.  
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »

It was on Pescadero after you go up hill throught those tight twisties, it opens up, then you go downhill.  There are 2, almost 180 lefts.  
Oh I know what spot you're talking about now... not the same one.
bigiain
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 10:39:07 PM »

So I'm the a-hole who crashed on the ride this morning Wink  No Tigre calibre crash, but as Spidey said, I "owned" it.

And lets face it, Spidey _knows_ about these things... Sorry to hear you went down, glad to hear you're OK...

And many thanks to CC Rider Tow (415-334-8697) for going the extra mile to help get my bike out of the ditch and bringing my ass back up to SF.  His name escapes me at the moment, but I highly recommend this guy if you need a tow - he didn't have a winch on his truck which would have made my recovery easier, but we got the bike out eventually.

Can I just say, I'd much rather wait around for a bit of help lifting a bike out of  ditch than have some towie hitch up his cable and drag my bike up...

big

desmoquattro
Smacking certain mods who change my profile upside the head with a...

It puts the billet aluminum on the motorcycle...

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »

Glad you're OK! I know those curves well..I've seen people crash there and slide off the embankment. Very lucky  Grin

My Vices
'09 1198s,red, (Il Diavolo Rosso
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'04 Yamaha FZ1, The Blue Cockroach
'01 900SS, custom yellow, (The Bumblebee)
'05 MS4R, blue
ducati_tim

Semper ubi sub ubi

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 10:38:42 AM »

Wow. It is never good to go into the woods. I am glad you made it out ok!

'Rispetta le donne!' Italian Spiderman
petemg

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 11:57:51 AM »

Heh, I know that corner. On my very very first ride with this gang - just a couple of weeks after I started riding - we did Pescadero, and I had quite a scare.
You get through that first batch of tight uphill and then there's this bit of downhill straight. Sweet, you think - just as you get to the SCARY DARK AREA and realize that there's a tight left lurking in there somewhere. Anyway, I came in there a little quick and just barely panicked my way through it. No wonder Sid (if i remember) was a little taken aback that Pescadero was my first ride with the DML..

Anyway, glad to hear you're OK. Trees are quite a detour!
Reddymon

Name: John

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 12:33:38 PM »

Heh, I know that corner. On my very very first ride with this gang - just a couple of weeks after I started riding - we did Pescadero, and I had quite a scare.
You get through that first batch of tight uphill and then there's this bit of downhill straight. Sweet, you think - just as you get to the SCARY DARK AREA and realize that there's a tight left lurking in there somewhere. Anyway, I came in there a little quick and just barely panicked my way through it. No wonder Sid (if i remember) was a little taken aback that Pescadero was my first ride with the DML..

Anyway, glad to hear you're OK. Trees are quite a detour!

I think you have the correct corner.  While helping Matt get back on the road I noticed motorcycle turn signal lenses scattered all over the place.  That corner has claimed a number of bikes by the looks of it. Cry

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Bikes:  2001 Honda Goldwing,  2007 Ducati S4Rs
http://flickr.com/photos/8752153@N05/collections/72157604389823895/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: