Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 03:32:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Spies. F%^K YEAH! and maybe some spoilers  (Read 172735 times)
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #765 on: April 21, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »

Dorna should buy AMA because it's aprox value is prob around $20 at this point.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:27:37 PM by thought » Logged

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2014, 06:41:16 AM »

I would love to see the guys that run the junior league in Spain try to turn it around. The problem really is with sponsors. With little to no TV exposure, no $$ rolls in. No money means no development or the ability to pay for the latest and greatest. Anyone could buy AMA away from DMG, but they would still run into the general lack of support. Unless they equip the bikes with machine guns and have them go all Mad Max on the track, I doubt the AMA will come back.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Triple J
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »

I think the AMA can come back. It would seem that DMG is doing something to make the sponsors & TV disappear...I have no idea what specifically though.

Look at the "Superbike Shoot-Out" that Ulrich organized in short time this season. Geico and Yamaha on board as sponsors, and I believe some sort of TV coverage. It can be done, and there appears to be interest from sponsors.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2014, 08:53:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure that all the insurance companies that cover motorcycles can be talked into sponsoring. But the sponsors were disappearing even before DMG. Sportbikes in the US have played second fiddle to cruisers for many years. Even dirtbikes get better turnouts. Without consistent viewership it simply would not get off the ground.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: