Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:46:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov. 15 -16 Hypermotard Truck and Fashion Show  (Read 8109 times)
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2008, 06:04:23 PM »

No thanks, I'm not seasoned I'm past the "sell by" date.

That's funny.   Grin Grin Grin

cdc
never2loud
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

If it's not too windy, I'll cruise over on the bike with a heater (ahem, SBK) on Sunday.  Last year's event was... well, an event!   cheeky
TresGatos

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2008, 06:02:48 PM »

Hey Cher, I intended to cage it to the fashion show, did'nt happen - sh1t happens.

Tomorrow I'll be there with ski shells on hands, legs, and torso.

Not sure when it starts Sunday yet - plan to be there from the start.

See you then Meunster-looper. Grin [moto]

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
calscrazy

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »

lisa i was hoping you would be there today!! oh well i will just tell you when i see you next time.

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
never2loud
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2008, 05:10:01 AM »

Hey Cher, I intended to cage it to the fashion show, did'nt happen - sh1t happens.

Tomorrow I'll be there with ski shells on hands, legs, and torso.

Not sure when it starts Sunday yet - plan to be there from the start.

See you then Meunster-looper. Grin [moto]

Cool!  I'm dragging Alan to this...  He's riding a Duc one way or another  laughingdp

lisa i was hoping you would be there today!! oh well i will just tell you when i see you next time.

Yeah, my Saturday had some unexpected travel thrown in just to keep life interesting.  Flower Mound to Austin:  2hrs 58min,  avg speed  Evil ,  avg mpg: 26.3.   The return trip in the afternoon was a bit more, how should I say... sedatelaughingdp   The ticket I get one day in that Corvette will be stupid-money, that's for sure... Damnation!!!  bang head 

I'll see you on your Nov 30 ride, if not sooner  waytogo  [moto]
never2loud
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2008, 06:28:35 AM »

O.K. I've looked at the AMS website but I don't see when the festivities  Evil  start today... Anyone know?  I'm thinking that by 11 things should be warming up a bit so we'll shoot shoot for then if no one pipes up with a start time  Grin
fastwin
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2008, 06:31:49 AM »

Lisa,

Check your PM.

fastwin
never2loud
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2008, 06:48:33 AM »

Lisa,

Check your PM.

fastwin

waytogo
calscrazy

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2008, 08:48:46 AM »

my personal review of the two bikes i rode yesterday.

first the hypermotard: smooth power delivery (no probs) could be very good bike if only the rider were a bit taller at stop lights. i thought it was a very fun bike and could only think of getting one out here with knobbies on it. riding position alot more dirt bike like than i thought it would be but thats a good thing as it's not the intention of ducati to make it a superbike. looks great would definitly get alot of questions. overall  waytogo

second the 08 kawasaki zx6r limited edition (friends bike storing in my garage; cost= leave the keys): quick but not very nimble thru the corners, requires a good amount of steering input much more than the other bikes i have ridden (especially the monster). the ergos suck. the location of the bars feels like they are way down on the front tire. almost forcing a shorter guy like myself to lay on the tank. the front seems to slide in corners. on the freeway it's pretty fun. coming home i was in fourth doing 80 grabbed a handful of throttle and was doing 127 before redline in a blink. looks good especially at the shell station over off hampton and 67 they seemed to like it alot. having put 400 miles on it in 3 days i can say this would be the last choice i would make for a new sportbike in the light-middleweight classes behind the 848, r6, gsxr-750, cbr600, daytona, rc8 (never ridden) and quite possibly hyosung (never ridden).  overall i think the kawasaki has exceptional power but not all of us are doing wheelies down the freeway or stunting in a parking lot. some of us actually like to turn.

just my personal opinion.

DesmonsterS4RS

"The Desmodromic Symphony"

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2008, 03:43:46 PM »

Wheres the pics Huh?

07 S4RS, Full Arrows (CF), DP ECU, Open Airbox, K&N, Speedymoto Gold "Kukri" PP, Rizoma Clutch Cover, DP Gel Seat, Cookies1 Tail Chop, 14 Tooth Front Sprocket, CRG LS, Dyno Tuned by AMS 132rwhp, 74 lb ft.
Giannis
Bad Brains

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2008, 05:26:23 PM »

my personal review of the two bikes i rode yesterday.

first the hypermotard: smooth power delivery (no probs) could be very good bike if only the rider were a bit taller at stop lights. i thought it was a very fun bike and could only think of getting one out here with knobbies on it. riding position alot more dirt bike like than i thought it would be but thats a good thing as it's not the intention of ducati to make it a superbike. looks great would definitly get alot of questions. overall  waytogo

second the 08 kawasaki zx6r limited edition (friends bike storing in my garage; cost= leave the keys): quick but not very nimble thru the corners, requires a good amount of steering input much more than the other bikes i have ridden (especially the monster). the ergos suck. the location of the bars feels like they are way down on the front tire. almost forcing a shorter guy like myself to lay on the tank. the front seems to slide in corners. on the freeway it's pretty fun. coming home i was in fourth doing 80 grabbed a handful of throttle and was doing 127 before redline in a blink. looks good especially at the shell station over off hampton and 67 they seemed to like it alot. having put 400 miles on it in 3 days i can say this would be the last choice i would make for a new sportbike in the light-middleweight classes behind the 848, r6, gsxr-750, cbr600, daytona, rc8 (never ridden) and quite possibly hyosung (never ridden).  overall i think the kawasaki has exceptional power but not all of us are doing wheelies down the freeway or stunting in a parking lot. some of us actually like to turn.

just my personal opinion.

i find that very strange, i rode 08 ZX6R and the bike has supersharp handling... didnt trag my knee but i could change lines while turning, was fun and the front was very stable, are you sure it was running the right preasure or the tires never been scrubed? Ergos suck in all the other bikes you mentioned... but those bikes didnt made for evey day riding

Billy: We did it, man. We did it, we did it. We're rich, man. We're retirin' in Florida now, mister....
Captain America: You know Billy, we blew it....
www.speedjunkies.gr
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »

i have to say...the HM was way more comfy than i expected....and much more fun to ride.  just between you and me...i think the front wheel *might* have come off the ground a couple times.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Ronr

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »

i have to say...the HM was way more comfy than i expected....and much more fun to ride.  just between you and me...i think the front wheel *might* have come off the ground a couple times.

I thought I felt something tapping the bottom of my tire as well.
calscrazy

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2008, 05:34:18 AM »

giannis not real sure it belongs to a friend who doesn't ride very much at all. it felt like every time i got on the gas mid corner the rear tire would slip. i think if i were about 5'10" the ergos might have been a little better. plus for me the reach to the bars wasn't long it just felt way down on the front end.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: