Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 10:07:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Roads and rides  (Read 5267 times)
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« on: May 10, 2008, 07:00:15 PM »

Okey-dokey, since my bike is almost finished, and two of my favorite jaunts (Hwy-24 west, and 115 S.) are being heavily patrolled right now. I was kinda thinking we could all share some of our favorite little hidey-holes(in state). So post up your favorite roads and rides, what time of day is best and what conditions a person could expect along the way(police presence, road condition, traffic, etc).

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »

Okey-dokey, since my bike is almost finished, and two of my favorite jaunts (Hwy-24 west, and 115 S.) are being heavily patrolled right now. I was kinda thinking we could all share some of our favorite little hidey-holes(in state). So post up your favorite roads and rides, what time of day is best and what conditions a person could expect along the way(police presence, road condition, traffic, etc).

Bishop's Castle!  You have to go THROUGH the heavily patrolled 115, but then you turn left on 67 by the Hardees (Carls Jr?) in Florence.  Past Supermaxx, then right on 96 and left on 165.  The fun begins on 96 and continues in a big way on 165 with sweeping switchbacks, lots of turns, with a fun destination at the end!
J_Slyter

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »

waytogo on Bishops Castle.

The north rim of The Black Canyon is also great. Getting there is half the fun with the canyon ride between Canon City and Salida and then Monarch Pass. And once your in that part of the state, you might as well do the Million Dollar Highway.
Smitch

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »

I really want to do the Black Canyon, I've heard it's incredible.  Kinda like our own Deal's Gap, but I'm gonna need get the wife a day at the spa, and Grandma to watch baby!
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 10:32:57 AM »

I really want to do the Black Canyon, I've heard it's incredible.  Kinda like our own Deal's Gap, but I'm gonna need get the wife a day at the spa, and Grandma to watch baby!

Do you mean this: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/vfrd-black-canyon-ride/3206357248
Smitch

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »

Cool vid, cooleye!  I can live vicariously through that.  Looks like a great ride.  When the stars align and we all have a whole day off together, we can hit it!
flynbulldog

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:20:45 AM »

The only thing Deals Gap has on Colorado riding is publicity... and we don't need any of dat  Police Police

Dragon schmagon  laughingdp
Smitch

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

The only thing Deals Gap has on Colorado riding is publicity... and we don't need any of dat  Police Police

Dragon schmagon  laughingdp

It's like you're reading my mind!  I've been thinking that a lot lately.  Crazy thing is, I went to college a stones throw from Deals Gap, but never knew about it (wasn't into moorcicles yet). 

Met a guy from Chicago last week who has a GT1000.  After talking to him, I'll never again complain about having to ride straight roads for an hour to get to the good stuff.
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 09:30:01 AM »

The one time I rode the Gap (I lived in Augusta, GA for a few years), and it was crowded as hell, and also hot as hell. Not a good time, but that was just the day I went. You think it is crowded here on our roads, go there and see SUPER crowded roads! bang head
Smitch

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »

By the way, Welcome Flyin' Bulldog!  Thanks for gracing our little board with your presence!
flynbulldog

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »

Hey this seems like the place to be. As long as it stays civil in here I'll stay. And I hope to join you on a few rides this year chug 
Smitch

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »

Hey this seems like the place to be. As long as it stays civil in here I'll stay. And I hope to join you on a few rides this year chug 

I think it'll stay civil.  We weren't raised by animals!
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »

I think it'll stay civil.  We weren't raised by animals!
Guess you haven't met Bonfy yet.....  Undecided

laughingdp

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »

What the!!!   Don't be dragon my name into it!   coffee

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »

Bishop's Castle!  You have to go THROUGH the heavily patrolled 115, but then you turn left on 67 by the Hardees (Carls Jr?) in Florence.  Past Supermaxx, then right on 96 and left on 165.  The fun begins on 96 and continues in a big way on 165 with sweeping switchbacks, lots of turns, with a fun destination at the end!

The way you ride I thought you preferred the LONG, STRAIGHT ROADS.  j/k

Seriously, we need to do Black Canyon with our D.O.G.  We would have to leave C Springs early.  I also want to hit Hwy 50 West along the Arkansas river before all the tourists get here.  That road rocks at speed.

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: