Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 18, 2024, 03:22:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Close call today  (Read 3417 times)
Labbedds

« on: May 10, 2008, 10:26:51 PM »

So went out on a small group ride with some riders from our ducatisf google group.  Decent paced ride no hooliganism, I'm riding 3rd out of the four of us.  First two are a good 10 seconds ahead of me, f-350 pulling a small catamaran in front of me, I'm only going about 35.  So he puts his right blinker on as to get over and let me and the 4th rider by, then with no opposite blinker as I'm accelerating to pass he makes a UTURN in front of me.  WTF??  I locked up the rear and luckily slowed the bike and missed the rear of the trailer by a couple feet.  Lesson learned:  Even when you think they're looking for you, they're not.

Wawawiwa
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:36:38 AM »

Wow...the anger is filling in side of me and I wasn't even there.. I'm pretty sure i would have Bruce Bannered his ass.
eobo
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 06:53:26 AM »

So went out on a small group ride with some riders from our ducatisf google group.  Decent paced ride no hooliganism, I'm riding 3rd out of the four of us.  First two are a good 10 seconds ahead of me, f-350 pulling a small catamaran in front of me, I'm only going about 35.  So he puts his right blinker on as to get over and let me and the 4th rider by, then with no opposite blinker as I'm accelerating to pass he makes a UTURN in front of me.  WTF??  I locked up the rear and luckily slowed the bike and missed the rear of the trailer by a couple feet.  Lesson learned:  Even when you think they're looking for you, they're not.

Shocked

I'm using my horn a lot more now. And I'm thinking about mounting missiles.
Labbedds

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 08:18:16 AM »

I was shaken up but I think the msf course definately helped me avoid the incident even though i really locked up the rear.  Guy appologized and said "are you ok", I wasn't a dick to the guy I just told him I just save him a bunch on car insurance waytogo

Wawawiwa
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 08:50:29 AM »

Yeah, someone pulled that stunt on me once. I was riding with my son and this SUV swings right just before an intersection. I figure they're going to turn right, but then at the last minute they make a U turn. Fortunately I didn't gun it by them as they pulled right, so I had enough time to stop. Plus it let me reinforce to Brendan the importance of gear and expecting the unexpected. (aka the "most drivers are dicks" speech)

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

Labbedds

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 12:46:51 PM »

Yeah, I didn't see that one coming so a lesson learned.  I'm stoked I was wearing full gear.  I'll never do a ride without it..

Wawawiwa
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:01:56 PM »

Glad you made it ok. waytogo I crashed last year (very minor) due to a similar maneuver. Angry

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 05:42:48 AM »

Cagers on the coast are famous for sh!t like this! I could spend all day describing the different "moves" they pull. Absolutely un-f*cking-real! It's amazing the a-holes aren't dead from asphyxiation from having their heads so far up their asses so much.  bang head

Whew! That felt good.

Glad you made it out OK.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:14:48 AM by hypurone » Logged

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
desmoquattro
Smacking certain mods who change my profile upside the head with a...

It puts the billet aluminum on the motorcycle...

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 07:09:18 AM »

Glad you managed to stay upright.

My Vices
'09 1198s,red, (Il Diavolo Rosso
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'04 Yamaha FZ1, The Blue Cockroach
'01 900SS, custom yellow, (The Bumblebee)
'05 MS4R, blue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: