Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 09:06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Riders  (Read 83509 times)
Le Pirate

« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »

I made it to the shop up there.

Had to check it out anyways  waytogo

Have a new battery and I met Shadowchaser while I was there. Good fun. Now I'm back on the road again  [moto]

Raux
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »

yeah was up there this morning and heard from shadowchaser you were there.

BTW all, shadowchaser is great. very cordial and informative, answered all my questions and was patient even for this question freak.

In the end I picked up the 14T sprocket after talking to him. John in parts is also great.

All in all, i wish they would have had the bike i wanted the day i had gone there a month ago, (had the check in my pocket!) but i couldn't wait so I went to Dallas.

Plan on my 600 service in OKC soon.
Hank

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2008, 01:07:56 AM »

ShadowChaser is a fantastic guy!  waytogo

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Current mods: K&N and removal of the intake silencers,  AFAM 14 tooth front sprocket.  Termignoni high mounts <---Best mod yet!, Evoluzione slave cylinder,
NEW: removed dinky plastic covers and emissions canister for moar n00dity!
"I like my women the way I like my roads; with plenty of curves!"
Tangerine Dream

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2008, 10:24:26 AM »

It was a great ride on Sat.  [moto]  My buddy John and I left about 8:30 and went up through Guthrie where we took in some of the sites of the old downtown district. It was really hopping that morning. We headed over to the Masonic Temple that was formerly the State Capitol of Oklahoma.

We then headed out of town on 33 and then took Coyle Rd up to 51.  A few good curves inbetween  Evil  We got into Stillwater (God's country) home of the Oklahoma State Cowboys about 10:30 and took the opportunity to look around campus and especially to check the progress of the new football stadium  waytogo

After that we headed over to Joe's for a Fowl Thang and some cold iced tea.  It hit the spot as the temp was rising fast.  We did a little shopping at Chris's University Spirit and the Wooden Nickel before the trip back.  They were nice enough to ship everything to us so we wouldn't have to transport the goods on the bikes.  applause

Hope to see some of you there next time  chug

2008 S2R 1000, 2009 Ninja 250R, 2006 S2R (RIP)
duc4speed

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2008, 10:45:38 AM »

yeah was up there this morning and heard from shadowchaser you were there.

BTW all, shadowchaser is great. very cordial and informative, answered all my questions and was patient even for this question freak.

In the end I picked up the 14T sprocket after talking to him. John in parts is also great.

All in all, i wish they would have had the bike i wanted the day i had gone there a month ago, (had the check in my pocket!) but i couldn't wait so I went to Dallas.

Plan on my 600 service in OKC soon.

Let us know how the 14t sprocket is.  I'm thinking about doing the same.  Are you going to put it on yourself?
Raux
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2008, 07:05:38 PM »

I was going to put it on, then realized....

no rear stand, no torque wrench, no large socket, and no desire to screw up my new bike  bang head

So, it's going to get done when i get the 600 mile FREEDOM SERVICE (freedom from the 6k redline)

OH, I put a post up http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=7942.msg133658#msg133658

Saturday, 9am at the Atlanta Bread Company, corner of Gore and Sheridan in Lawton there's a little get together of people with cool cars including a couple of Italian exotics, thought I could represent the Ducatis, anyone else interested in coming?
Hank

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »

You don't need a rear stand to put on a front sprocket  Tongue

I'd like to go, but I work night shift, so Sat in the A.M. is bedtime for me  Sad

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Current mods: K&N and removal of the intake silencers,  AFAM 14 tooth front sprocket.  Termignoni high mounts <---Best mod yet!, Evoluzione slave cylinder,
Raux
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2008, 04:07:17 AM »

oh sure, make me feel more whimpy by not doing the work myself  Undecided
Hank

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2008, 11:50:58 AM »

Its easy and MUCH more satisfying IMO (and cheaper).
What model Monster do you have?  I hear that with the SSS that you need a spanner wrench to loosen the chain.

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Raux
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »

I have the 696 and supposedly is easy.
Hank

« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2008, 12:54:27 AM »

If you have the right tools and a smidgen of mechanical ability, then it should be.  If you lived closer I would be happy to help you out.

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Raux
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2008, 09:12:49 AM »

ok, so 9 am saturday morning corner of sheridan and gore in lawton at the atlanta bread company.

waytogo
Hank

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »

I'll be sleeping

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Raux
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »

Shocked while riding.. that's dangerous!
Hank

« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2008, 01:35:07 AM »

I'll install a throttle lock  Roll Eyes

Seriously though I'll be sleeping.  I work at 3 in the afternoon, and I'll be the bossman too.
Plus you're, like, 2 ass numbing hours away.

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: