Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 15, 2024, 06:33:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richmond Thread  (Read 94724 times)
Narflar
Beware the wrath of my

Professional Lurker

« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2012, 05:52:38 PM »

Any rides in the Richmond area? Maybe we could organize our own...

There are a few clubs that meet up.  None are ducati specific.  I haven't been to any due to timing, they usually meet up during the week and that's always bad for me.

2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
2008 Honda ST1300
2008 Triumph Speedmaster
2004 Ducati M1000
ManaloEA

« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »

Yeah, during the week is difficult for me as well. I have this bad work habit.

2011 M696
Curmudgeon

« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »

Where were you two last Sunday for Poe's?  Wink You could have had lunch with some crazy Triumph and BMW pals of mine with fairly high I.Q.'s. My son knows a place at Ogden's Landing with killer Bloody Mary's too! Only one when riding...  Cool

Since I'm already out past the 'burbs, usually Richmond holds little appeal, especially on the 796. As you know, I'm in Goochland CH and retired. I prefer to ride during the week when the roads are empty and the passing zones clear. If the precip. probability is 10% or less, I like to ride out to Nellysford/Wintergreen and have lunch here. Food is good, ale is passable. http://www.dbbrewingcompany.com/default.aspx 93 octane pure gas available nearby too.

So if you want to get me out during the week..., consider this route which is about my limit. Roads are mostly decent, some areas with serious twisties. http://binged.it/LhgbUW

Give me 24 hours notice if any interest. BTW, I may be old but I move at a "moderate" pace.  Cool

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Narflar
Beware the wrath of my

Professional Lurker

« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »

I'll try to hit up Poes next month.  I was to busy playing with my new toy this past weekend.  Got the wife a Mini  Grin

2008 Honda ST1300
2008 Triumph Speedmaster
2004 Ducati M1000
Curmudgeon

« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2012, 05:08:47 PM »

What colors? I know the guy(s) who designed it at Gaydon before BMW stole it.  Cry Might still know the U.S. project manager at Woodcliff Lake if he hasn't moved on. Still know the Brand Manager for all BMW brands who's still up there. Long story..

Trust the wife will behave for a while now..., or was this toy really for you?  Grin

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Narflar
Beware the wrath of my

Professional Lurker

« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »

hehe, I wanted the new roadster but she wanted a back seat.  We agreed on a British Racing Green hardtop with black stripes.  It's a fun little car for sure. 

2008 Honda ST1300
2008 Triumph Speedmaster
2004 Ducati M1000
Curmudgeon

« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »

Roll Eyes Roughly the same color as my T-100 then?  Wink British enough I guess. They are built in Cowley, Oxford. Born here in fact: http://binged.it/LhvA7U

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2012, 03:06:34 AM »

hehe, I wanted the new roadster but she wanted a back seat.  We agreed on a British Racing Green hardtop with black stripes.  It's a fun little car for sure. 

I read a review of the Roadster recently, and they panned it...said you do better by light years in getting the regular CooperS...my Fiancee fell head over heels in love with the Countryman at the DC auto show in January of last year...so wehn Mini finally opened an access point dealer within a reasonable range from us last fall, we went and looked and now she has a Surf Blue Countryman S....I just wish it was a Manual trans personally, but there were much more well thought out and rational long term reasons for her as to why the flappy paddle auto was to be...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Narflar
Beware the wrath of my

Professional Lurker

« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2012, 03:32:19 AM »

I read a review of the Roadster recently, and they panned it...said you do better by light years in getting the regular CooperS...my Fiancee fell head over heels in love with the Countryman at the DC auto show in January of last year...so wehn Mini finally opened an access point dealer within a reasonable range from us last fall, we went and looked and now she has a Surf Blue Countryman S....I just wish it was a Manual trans personally, but there were much more well thought out and rational long term reasons for her as to why the flappy paddle auto was to be...

Ya, the roadster wasn't a smart choice by any means.  I drove it and fell in love with it though.  I've been wanting a two seat roadster for a long time and being tall has limited the options greatly.  Hell, the mini has so much legroom that I have to pull the seat up to reach the peddles.  I got the Auto also because of the wife but I will admit, it's a pretty good auto. 

2008 Honda ST1300
2008 Triumph Speedmaster
2004 Ducati M1000
ManaloEA

« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »

So if you want to get me out during the week..., consider this route which is about my limit. Roads are mostly decent, some areas with serious twisties. http://binged.it/LhgbUW

Give me 24 hours notice if any interest. BTW, I may be old but I move at a "moderate" pace.  Cool
That looks like a fun route. I might have to play hookie one day next week. Gotta check the schedule and talk to my boss.

2011 M696
DRKWNG

« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »

Met up with some Richmond guys this morning and rode quite a bit of that route, although we ended up going a fair bit further west.  There's some pretty tasty roads out that way.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »

That looks like a fun route. I might have to play hookie one day next week. Gotta check the schedule and talk to my boss.
Yesterday would have been a good day for it. My Triumph mechanic had an opening and I've been waiting for him to do a couple of things, so I rode over to Hanover and took the backroads on the return via Montpelier. Not all the best roads until you get out here but a really nice day for a ride. Thought about Nellysford today but figured that everyone else would have the same idea and the brewery would be packed, so just took my fave loop to lunch in Powhatan and back.

This coming week looks rainy until the weekend on all three forecasts. Keep your eyes peeled for a break in the weather on both ends of that route. It can often be sunny down here and pouring on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Just let me know when you decide to play hooky. At least with that route, if you get tired, you can stay on Route 60 into Midlothian.

Curmudgeon

« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2012, 05:35:28 PM »

Met up with some Richmond guys this morning and rode quite a bit of that route, although we ended up going a fair bit further west.  There's some pretty tasty roads out that way.
How much farther west? West of I-81?! There's a rumor of wild Indians out there, not to mention bears.  Wink

ManaloEA

« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2012, 04:47:19 AM »

Saw a bunch of Monsters yesterday in Richmond.
A light blue monster parked along Carey street.
A gray-purple metallic sort of monster driving along Courthouse road.
A black monster parked on N main st.
A black monster driving somewhere around Monument.

I often see a custom painted monster parked by Davis and Carey st, but it wasn't there yesterday.

2011 M696
ManaloEA

« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2012, 08:52:18 AM »

Does anyone know of any rides going on this weekend? Or better yet, would anyone like to get together saturday? Anyone know a good route that will not be crowded?

2011 M696
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: