Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyperstrada trashed  (Read 7329 times)
loudbike

« on: May 11, 2008, 06:58:46 AM »

Sitting at a red light at the intersection of NW Highway and Wisconsin yesterday afternoon, an idiot in a cage rear-ended me at about 30mph.  As luck would have it, I had my hands off the bars so the impact threw me up and onto the hood of his car - which then bounced me off the rear of the car in front of me.  When I looked over at the bike from my prone position in the next lane, the offending cage was on top of the Hyperstrada - with only the bars and front end visible.  Morning after; I've got a sore neck (muscles pulled) and have basically re-injured everything that got messed up at Mosport in '06. Considering bouncing off two cars, I'm in amazing shape - the gear did its job.

On the surface, the bike doesn't look too bad for being run over - but close examination shows pretty extensive damage:  Bent forks, damaged wheels, trashed rear-sets, fender and rear bodywork.  Cosmetic everywhere else.

Anyone know a good lawyer that specializes in this type of thing?

Steve Munro
loudbike
Fast, Loud Italian Motorcycles
The Blog:  www.loudbike.com
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 07:24:58 AM »

Though it's not his sort of law, Statler is in the law business.  You might drop him a PM and see if he's got a recomendation.

If you haven't been yet - get thee to a doctor and start keeping  notes about pains, write down anything about the accident you remeber, since time dims the memory. 

At least you're able to move around and post... but man that sucks.  The guy give any reason for bashing the piss out of you?  Or was he just not paying attention and mashed you?

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
dolci

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:00:09 AM »

That completely sucks.  How did the idiot not manage to see you  bang head- that bike is VISIBLE! 
The important thing is that you're ok. I think Gene has someone's name that he can refer you to as well.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Geaux

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:44:13 PM »

I'm glad that you're okay.  It sounds like that car didn't see the light and would've been crying over damage to his and the other car if you weren't sandwiched in between them, so to speak.
Lars D

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 02:05:51 PM »

Glad you are well enough to be typing ,that absolutely sucks farm animals about the bike .

Definitely call a lawyer , chiropractor and  anyone else you can think of .

If it was me , I would definitely get a rebar applicator location.

Anyways , hope you heal up ,and we get a chance to chat at rhodeside soon.
FatguyRacer

The A-hole fomerly known as Blueshark928

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 02:08:21 PM »

farm animals?

Man that does suck. Glad your ok. Your scooter WAS one of my favorite local bikes. You know we all stop talking so we can listen to your bike when you leave the Rhodeside parking lot.

John Krawczyk
2002 Ducati ST4s (FIM chip, Arrow Carbys, Sargent seat, DP comfort fairing, Ducati Designs headlight, Toby steering dampener)
My Blog - The Chronicles of Fatguy Racer
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »

Let me see if the guy I know does work in DC area.   Is that DC or VA or MD?

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 03:11:38 PM »

Sitting at a red light at the intersection of NW Highway and Wisconsin yesterday afternoon, an idiot in a cage rear-ended me at about 30mph.  As luck would have it, I had my hands off the bars so the impact threw me up and onto the hood of his car - which then bounced me off the rear of the car in front of me.  When I looked over at the bike from my prone position in the next lane, the offending cage was on top of the Hyperstrada - with only the bars and front end visible.  Morning after; I've got a sore neck (muscles pulled) and have basically re-injured everything that got messed up at Mosport in '06. Considering bouncing off two cars, I'm in amazing shape - the gear did its job.

On the surface, the bike doesn't look too bad for being run over - but close examination shows pretty extensive damage:  Bent forks, damaged wheels, trashed rear-sets, fender and rear bodywork.  Cosmetic everywhere else.

Anyone know a good lawyer that specializes in this type of thing?

Did you mean the intersection of East-West Highway and Wisconsin?  In Bethesda?  Glad to hear you are semi ok!! 

And remember, you "re-injured" nothing!  Your injuries are all new.  I can just see the asshats insurance company muddying the waters with terms like "pre-existing conditions".

Good luck!!!

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
loudbike

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »

Let me see if the guy I know does work in DC area.   Is that DC or VA or MD?

That was MD (downtown Bethesda).  I'm gonna spend some time tomorrow trying to wrap my head around how the insurance game works down here - really dreading the process of duking it out with them over the value of the bike.  I did an assessment this afternoon and I get about $14K in materials alone (to get it back to where it was).  I have all the build records for the bike, but no doubt their starting position will be based on a stock Multistrada.

Steve Munro
loudbike
Fast, Loud Italian Motorcycles
The Blog:  www.loudbike.com
jetpuff716

'06 S2R 800 (Black & Tang); '06 PS1000

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »

Damn Steve.  I echo everyone's comments... very sorry to hear about it and am glad that you're still around to write about it.
//tony

twolanefun

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 02:41:17 AM »

Steve already sent you an email - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
ducpenguin

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 07:22:44 AM »

Damn Steve.  I echo everyone's comments... very sorry to hear about it and am glad that you're still around to write about it.
//tony

+1  - Good Luck!  I would certainly take yuu's advice and document everything while it is all fresh and continue to do so as events occur.

Duc Stamp

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »

Sorry to hear this man.  Hope everything works out the best it can at this point.

Keep us updated the best you can considering posting here might not be the best legal decision.
Duc and Cover

2006 S2R1000 - Silver, Black, and Effin Fast!

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

It was good to see you up and about last night, but where was your neck brace at? You're not in Canada anymore. If you want to get some money you gotta play the game. Next week we'll get you into full-body traction and haul you in on the back of Stillie's pickup truck. And then we'll take a bunch of really pitiful pictures of you staring longingly at us from the parking lot.

...CRG bar-ends, DIY tail chop, open clutch cover, open timing belt cover, stainless clutch springs w/black caps, Bitubo top-mount steering damper, 14-t front sprocket, integrated LED smoked tail light, clear front mini signals, full Termi exhaust, DP open airbox, DP ECU, suspension tuned by DucPond Racing, flipped handlebars, titanium Rizoma reservoirs, DIY chopped bikini fairing, DucDual headlights w/halos, mini CF rear chain guard, pro-grips, misplaced emissions canister...
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 11:35:09 AM »

don't talk to insurance company yet please.

I'll PM you a name.

Chris

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: