Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 11:14:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official DMF Bicycle Thread  (Read 436078 times)
Stella

« Reply #1155 on: January 18, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »

I haven't even ridden the new steed yet.  Well until a minute ago. Good idea right? To hop on a bike in the dark (w/helmet of course), after 3 beers to test the new pedals, shoes and gears?  About 12 hours before a race. 

Stupid is as stupid does.   Grin

Tomorrow is not going to be pretty.

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1156 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »

Sounds about right. Go fast tomorrow.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #1157 on: January 18, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »

I haven't even ridden the new steed yet.  Well until a minute ago. Good idea right? To hop on a bike in the dark (w/helmet of course), after 3 beers to test the new pedals, shoes and gears?  About 12 hours before a race. 

Stupid is as stupid does.   Grin

Tomorrow is not going to be pretty.

Just party like it's 1999! All will be good!
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1158 on: January 18, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »

Are you drunk posting too homie?  cheeky

Cheesy drink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1159 on: January 20, 2013, 11:32:13 AM »

I remember the start line of my first mountain bike race after a few years flailing around at road racing. All us roadies were standing around talking gear, diet & periodized training, while the mountain bike racers were telling one another about how they were hungover/still drunk from the night before.

So look at it this way - you were just upholding an important tradition of the MTB tribe.

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1160 on: January 20, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »

Just spent the last hour and a half re-learning how to ride singletrack. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Stella

« Reply #1161 on: January 20, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »

I remember the start line of my first mountain bike race after a few years flailing around at road racing. All us roadies were standing around talking gear, diet & periodized training, while the mountain bike racers were telling one another about how they were hungover/still drunk from the night before.

So look at it this way - you were just upholding an important tradition of the MTB tribe.

Yes.  Why I gravitate to mtn biking.    waytogo

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Pedro-bot

« Reply #1162 on: January 23, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
JoeP

« Reply #1163 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37:45 AM »

I'll be modding this up over the next few weeks into a fixie cruiser:

It's an 80's era steel Colnago frame that a friend found in a dumpster and gave to me. The seat tube had a hole in it so I had it replaced, and it remains unpainted. I found a Colnago fork to match. I'll lower the bars another inch. Waiting for some red anodized rims and a new saddle. Maybe I'll powdercoat the frame, maybe not. Starbucks, here I come. coffee
stateprez

« Reply #1164 on: January 23, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »

It's an 80's era steel Colnago frame that a friend found in a dumpster and gave to me. The seat tube had a hole in it so I had it replaced, and it remains unpainted.
Damn, that's an awesome find.  Good on you for resurrecting her.

'03 999 Mono
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #1165 on: January 23, 2013, 08:20:27 AM »

Colnago in a dumpster? Angry That's a sin X 10!!

A couple of years ago I sold one of my old 70's era Pinarello steel frames to an ex-bikey who worked at a motorcycle shop. He turned it into a primo fixie and got lots of ++++ comments from folks. Good to see it have a new, happy home and getting some sunlight after three decades of sitting in a dark storage bldg!

What he really wanted was my same era Exxon Graftek. It was the only custom 55cm frame they ever made thanks to my old friend John Howard who had some "connections" at the time. Grin Wink Still hanging onto that one even though I am sure it's not safe to ride anymore due to ancient adhesives in the lugs.

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Pedro-bot

« Reply #1166 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31:50 AM »

found it in a dumpster?!!!  Shocked

nice find!

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1167 on: January 23, 2013, 10:04:51 AM »

Nice find!!!

The closest I ever came was when I rode past a couple of bikes kicked to the curb, waiting for trash pickup. One was a '70s Free Spirit, exactly the kind of bike you always see next to the garbage cans, waiting for it's last trash truck ride.

The one behind it, though, was a cheap mixte frame of about the same era - with the name Eddy Merckx on the down tube! I'm almost certain it was from the era when Eddy M. licensed his name to Windsor for a line of cheap, department store bikes.

Alas, instead of grabbing it then & there (I was commuting home on a bicycle & would have had to carry the "Merckx" the additional 5 miles home, as it wasn't a roller), I raced home, hopped in the truck and sped back to the scene - to find just the lonely Free Spirit siting there, waiting for its date with the landfill.

It wasn't much of a bike, but it would have made a fun, fixie pub bike...

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
stateprez

« Reply #1168 on: January 24, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »

http://www.cxmagazine.com/jonathan-page-cyclocross-bike-profile-2013-national-championship-blue-norcross-shimano

Pretty interesting article on Jonathan Page's National Championship bike.  No bike sponsor, downgraded components from the last year.  2012 Nats only brought 1 set of wheels.

I guess the secret is living in Belgium (....and hopefully not drugs).

This time next week, a crew of us are headed to Louisville for Worlds. 

'03 999 Mono
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1169 on: January 24, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »

A few masters CX racer friends of mine passed that article around on Facebook with the note "See, juniors & noobs - you don't have to have the latest & most expensive stuff to go fast!"

And, I would note, without a hint of irony.    Grin

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: