Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:42:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official DMF Bicycle Thread  (Read 419971 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 11:53:40 PM »

Here is a pic of my old Bianchi, followed by a pic of my new(ish) seven.  Can't find pics of the other bikes atm.  Must be on another computer...

Oops.  Doesn't look like you can post images the same way as you used to on TOB.  Sad
NuTTs
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 12:44:09 AM »

Super Luis has given me his old Gary Fisher.. I'll post up a pic of my bike later but it's like this one except it's yellow/black. It has some Bontrager bits, Rhino bars, Rock Shox adjustable fork, a fancy stem, Scott alu. grips etc. Not bad for free!

It's similar to this one:
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 08:13:21 AM »

Oops.  Doesn't look like you can post images the same way as you used to on TOB.  Sad

Here's instructions: http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?topic=109.0

BTW, some great looking bikes here! waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »

no photos until my hand wants work right again, so just a list for now (all built and spec'ed by me, except the Cervelo):

road: Cervelo Prodigy
mountain: Kona '97 Team edition
trials/urban: Santa Cruz Chameleon
fixie: old Schwinn 

my ex made me get rid of the non-essentials, but now that she's gone i can build up my collection again  Grin

here is an awkward pic of my babies stacked up in my bedroom (stacked, not ridden, because of the broken arm). the Cervelo goosed my gf pretty well the other morning. she was so indignant about it.  laughingdp

Jaman

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »

Early 90's Bontrager hard tail, with a seat for extra passenger - pic attached, with my favorite passenger!

06 Specialized Tarmac Expert, switched out the funky white bar tape & seat for black... no pic

Le Pirate

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »

i ride this, but in grey

2002 specialized hardrock comp

sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »

I dated one of the Bontrager clan, does that count for anything? laughingdp

I haven't had a bike since a trek of mine got stolen about 8 years ago.  I've been wanting one again, but I'm not sure what I should get.  any suggestions?

* Roadbikes aren't my style.  I don't ride far enough and shoving my fat ass in leathers is bad enough, nobody needs to see me in spandex laughingdp
* I don't really get fixed gear.  There's a cult following dedicated to not taking advantage of engineering Huh?
* I'm too old, clumsy, and big for BMX
* I've never done true mountain biking, don't see the point in having all that functionality if i'm not gonna use it
* I live at the beach, but I'm too straight/unmetro to rock a beach (or any other) cruiser
* I'd like to stay under 1k, probably closer to 500...

I've heard some here and there of a subgenre called "Urban Assault", sounds like a mix between trials, bmx, and mountain but set in the city.  I'm having trouble finding any models specifically marketed towards this, and don't know enough to build one from all the components.  The Novara Buzz seems kinda cool, but I'm always suspect of in-house brands and it seems more hybrid (skinny tires) then urban assault.

Help? Huh?

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
aaronb

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »

dude, good work.  Keith is a total hotty

laughingdp

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
DRKWNG
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »

Here's instructions: http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?topic=109.0

BTW, some great looking bikes here! waytogo

Thanks for the link.  I saw how to do it, but I'm too lazy.  Wink

I think we should all contribute more to the forum so we can get image hosting again.  Wink
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 05:54:20 PM »

I haven't had a bike since a trek of mine got stolen about 8 years ago.  I've been wanting one again, but I'm not sure what I should get.  any suggestions?

* Roadbikes aren't my style.  I don't ride far enough and shoving my fat ass in leathers is bad enough, nobody needs to see me in spandex laughingdp
* I don't really get fixed gear.  There's a cult following dedicated to not taking advantage of engineering Huh?
* I'm too old, clumsy, and big for BMX
* I've never done true mountain biking, don't see the point in having all that functionality if i'm not gonna use it
* I live at the beach, but I'm too straight/unmetro to rock a beach (or any other) cruiser
* I'd like to stay under 1k, probably closer to 500...

I've heard some here and there of a subgenre called "Urban Assault", sounds like a mix between trials, bmx, and mountain but set in the city.  I'm having trouble finding any models specifically marketed towards this, and don't know enough to build one from all the components.  The Novara Buzz seems kinda cool, but I'm always suspect of in-house brands and it seems more hybrid (skinny tires) then urban assault.

Help? Huh?

"urban assault" sounds pretty energetic/athletic. is that what you're looking for? i built something like that for under 1k with a Santa Cruz Chameleon frame. however, i did all the work myself, and knew how to get stuff cheap.

i'd say you should nail down what kind of riding you want to do. then borrow or get a used bike for that purpose. pretty soon you'll know if you really want to spend that kind of money (and will probably spend more than you thought and appreciate your purchase more). my $0.02
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 06:00:51 PM »

I used to have an "Urban" bike which was a Cannondale Bad Boy, a lot of fun to ride, I commuted on it and did some metric centuries as well.

But I agree with Manny, my first thought was used bike, lots of great deals to be had on Craigslist (also a lot of junk too).

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
BlackHills

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »

I have a serious bicycle problem.  Nearly all of them are Italian for some reason.  Grin

Road:
Ciöcc SL (x3)
Bellesi
Cramerotti (set up as single speed)
Bianchi Cross Project (set up as road rain bike)
Somec

MTB:
Ibis Mt. Trials
Dirt Works Cannibal
Scapin (full Campy Euclid)
Cannondale

Frames not yet built up:
Fondriest Status Plus
Ciöcc cyclocross
Pinarello Time Trial

1994 Ciöcc, SL tubing, mostly Campy Record

Bellesi, Genius tubing, mostly Record again

Dirt Works Cannibal

1985(?) Ciöcc, SL tubing, Campy 50th Anniversary

Any motorcyclist caught holding up automobiles on a winding road will be forced to sell all fringed accessories, buy plaid pants and take up golf.-- Peter Egan
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 06:30:41 PM »

"urban assault" sounds pretty energetic/athletic. is that what you're looking for? i built something like that for under 1k with a Santa Cruz Chameleon frame. however, i did all the work myself, and knew how to get stuff cheap.

i'd say you should nail down what kind of riding you want to do. then borrow or get a used bike for that purpose. pretty soon you'll know if you really want to spend that kind of money (and will probably spend more than you thought and appreciate your purchase more). my $0.02

I'll definitely go used if i can figure out what i'm looking for laughingdp

In essence, I want the Monster of bikes:
short distances (realistically, probably less than 5 miles at a time...*maybe* 10 every once in a while.)
equally at home cruising around a bike path or bombing around the city (hoppin curbs, planters, etc)
durable & low maintenance
subtle (++ to matte or raw finish)

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 06:34:03 PM »

I used to have an "Urban" bike which was a Cannondale Bad Boy, a lot of fun to ride, I commuted on it and did some metric centuries as well.

But I agree with Manny, my first thought was used bike, lots of great deals to be had on Craigslist (also a lot of junk too).

thanks for the pointer, that certainly seems along the line of what i'm looking for! waytogo

2007 S4R-T (street)

DRKWNG
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 08:22:22 PM »

Ok, let's try this again...

Here is a pic of my old Bianchi:

And here is one of the Seven that replaced it:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: