Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:14:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage MC show in Corvallis May 18th.  (Read 4173 times)
SaltLick
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:44:17 PM »

Next weekend is suppose to be pretty nice, there is a vintage motorcycle show in corvalis on sunday starts at 11am.

I was thinking of going. Anyone else going?  Might be fun to hit the backroads on the way.

bnbmike

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »

Reach the Beach is this weekend too.  Watch west of I-5 roads for bicyclers.  Portland to Pacific City.

I would check their route and avoid it.

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »

Crap, I'm moving next weekend.  Going from my apt in Tualatin to one in north Wilsonville.  It ain't far, but I have a bunch of miscellaneous crap, and none of it is organized, let alone packed.  I'm out.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 06:56:10 PM »

Next weekend is suppose to be pretty nice, there is a vintage motorcycle show in corvalis on sunday starts at 11am.

I was thinking of going. Anyone else going?  Might be fun to hit the backroads on the way.

Salty -

I might could do that with you.  That might be a fun to blast all the way down there on our motos.  Let's keep it in our back pocket and see how the week goes.

BTW, where did you hear about this?  Is there website or something that has some info about it?

J

Dan337

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:07:15 PM »

I really need to find a way to squeeze this in this weekend considering I live in Corvallis and it's usually a really good turn out for this show. 

dc

edit:  Looks like they have a website - http://www.oregonvintage.org/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:09:20 PM by Dan337 » Logged

SaltLick
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »

Salty -

I might could do that with you.  That might be a fun to blast all the way down there on our motos.  Let's keep it in our back pocket and see how the week goes.

BTW, where did you hear about this?  Is there website or something that has some info about it?

J

i live in beavertown and the next block over is a moto guzzi place (cascade moto classics) bunch of good guys i go there to buy misc stuff like windshield defogger. Anyways, thats where i heard it from they are all getting together and leaving at 10am for a ride over there on the backroads.   Mainly triumphs, but a few random bikes go too. The bike show is at the corvalis fairgrounds, $5 to get in.  i saw pics of old ducatis from last year it looked cool. At least the ride would be different i aint never been that way. yeah ill keep it in the back of me head as well as the week goes on ill check back and see if anyone else wants to go, if not i might go with the triumph guys they said ducs are more than welcome.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:13:37 PM by SaltLick » Logged
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »

If you see Dick Winningstad on his red Triumph 955 ST ot Triumph T-bird, tell him "Hi!" for me.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 08:48:55 PM »

i might try and head up for that show.......have to see how the weather holds Cool

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
scott_araujo

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »

I'd like to do this.  I'll have to see what else is brewing with the wife, friends, etc.  If I make it Salty I'll bring you that front fender mount you wanted.

Scott
SaltLick
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 04:05:02 PM »

I'd like to do this.  I'll have to see what else is brewing with the wife, friends, etc.  If I make it Salty I'll bring you that front fender mount you wanted.

Scott

oh man that would be cool. I kept meaning to call you for that but never seemed to get around to it.  Vino!
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 06:26:06 PM »

Hey Dave,

I'm eager to do the Saturday run to Cougar and may bail on you for Sunday, undependable man ho' that I am.  Embarrassed

Or, I just may spend the whole weekend on the back of the bike . . . see how it goes.

J
SaltLick
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 07:13:17 PM »

Hey Dave,

I'm eager to do the Saturday run to Cougar and may bail on you for Sunday, undependable man ho' that I am.  Embarrassed

Or, I just may spend the whole weekend on the back of the bike . . . see how it goes.

J

dont worry about it, I might go and might not myself. i am also a whore and since i have a family rollin my plans can change like a feather in the wind. i always hope for the best but usually my plans get foiled somehow.  I just cant get enough of these drinking little smiley guys.  drink
scott_araujo

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »

I'm in, see you at Cascade.

Scott
Dan337

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 08:39:35 PM »

Attended the Saturday ride.  Probably 60+ attendees! 

More pics on my blog:  http://www.tjrubley.com/2008/05/ride-report-ovm-vintage-motorcycle-ride-corvallis-oregon/

dc

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: