Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension Tuning  (Read 27839 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »

The offer still stands.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2010, 02:40:23 AM »

as of 2am it was raining really bad from eva all the way into town. if weather stays like this for the morning/afternoon im not going to make it. i dont think ill be able to handle getting drenched again and spending the whole day wet. but if the sun is out ill be there.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2010, 07:15:37 AM »

I'm watching the weather too. Nasty stuff offshore of Kaneohe this morning but that looks like it's clearing. I have to be at the shop no matter what. It's just a question of whether I take the 848 or the car.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2010, 08:07:31 AM »

It's trying to clear where I'm at by the stadium...I anticipate heading down to the shop after my track work is done, probably later than usual and just to hang out for awhile...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »

Chancing it with the 848.

Xerxes1769

2012 Ducati 1199 Tri 1975 Yamaha YZ125

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2010, 10:02:24 AM »

The weather down here looks fugly...not raining yet but fugly
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »

im just not man enough to chance it today, and after being soaked almost all day yesterday i am just going to pregnant dog out and stay home. rick I appreciate you taking the time to help and i hope i can have a rain check for later.

Xerxes1769

2012 Ducati 1199 Tri 1975 Yamaha YZ125

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2010, 11:56:24 AM »

Same here...thanks for the offer but between the weather and the fam today looks like a no go...on a completely different subject I might need your shop's services for my wife's mini, it needs a service2...will try to schedule it for next Friday...
whackie

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »

no offense, but u guys sound like a bunch of pussies!  Grin

lol, i was notorious for riding around in the rain at one time. ppl used to feel so sorry for my gsxr since it was always covered in dirt, so much that they would wash it.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

the worse part is i was a bit sick today and had to listen to the GF all make the beast with two backsing day long " i told you not to go out" and "see thats what you get for riding in the rain" been sucking down the dayquil and theraflu i hope its just a 24 hour thing and i can make tomorrows ride... weather permitting

DRKWNG
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2010, 01:32:08 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp

Tell 'em how it is Anne! 

Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2010, 06:29:58 AM »

Emile wrung out the 848 a good bit yesterday and noted that in one or two high stress points, if you will, that there was a bit of shake in the front. Not that it was bad, or anything, but that it just plain happened at all given the overall setup. I've also noticed that at times and so has Ben but it only happens under certain conditions. Most of the time it's just beauty.  Might need a steering damper but in lieu of that I went one click firmer on the compression and the rebound. I didn't get to ride it yet after the reset but you can really feel that one click change just doing a static check. Hmmm. I'll be riding with wrenches in my pockets next weekend.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2010, 08:11:23 AM »

Up until recently if a 848/1098/1198 rider wanted to change their suspension they were pretty much stuck with having to go the Ohlins route.  I was on the Motowheels website the other day and noticed they are offering products from RaceTech, including replacement springs for rear shocks and front forks. I believe the spring for the rear shock was in the neighborhood of $120 to $130. Definitely worth checking out.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »

Something I need to work on...to see if a new spring would be beneficial, I guess it good start would be to determine the rate of the stock spring...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »

Something I need to work on...to see if a new spring would be beneficial, I guess it good start would be to determine the rate of the stock spring...

For the way any of us ride if we can get a good sag adjustment then I'd say we are good to go from there. I can look at the notes but I seem to remember that we did OK with the Steerfighter rear shock but the front forks were a tad on the stiff side.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: