Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:13:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone still ride cupcake???  (Read 13179 times)
dolci

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »

Oh, and I tried sitting in the driver's seat.  There was no way I could stand up the bike.  He then held up the bike for me, and both of my feet were 2-3 inches from the ground. Shocked

I'm like that on the Cagiva Gran Canyon.  My legs just dangle around.  The best way that I found to get on and off was to use the foot pegs and swing my leg over as though I were riding a horse (and to me - it's almost that tall anyway, I swear). [moto]

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
BikerGoddess
Mrs. Desmoquattro

Weeds are my job security.

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2009, 05:24:44 PM »

How's the back seat of the BMW Mr.I rented?

Very comfy on the posterior--compared to riding cupcake on Desmoquattro's SS 900--but it could use a backrest. Like somegirl said, getting on the pillion is the most complicated part, due to the bike's height. If there were a hardcase on the back I'd probably need a step-stool to get up there.

But back to the original question... I still ride cupcake occasionally with DQ. It's fun because I trust his riding ability and skills. I always get a little nervous when riding cupcake with someone else (for the first time), being unfamiliar with their riding abilities.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 05:34:20 PM by BikerGoddess » Logged

2008 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
ducnymph

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »

Before I started riding, I rode cupcake for years. One of my close friends, who also happened to be a really good rider, took me through all of the Bay Area's awesome twisties and helped show me what an amazing motorcycle mecca this is. That's why I love taking passengers and showing them a good time because I remember all of my early passenger experiences.

As for being a cupcake, I'd do it again because it's a lot of fun! But If I'm gonna snuggle up and trust someone with my life, it just has to be with someone that's experienced; that I trust and like. It would also be a bonus to ride with someone way faster than me!  waytogo Maybe I'll get the opportunity at some point...

Ex: 09 monster 696 pearl white
Current: 05 Yamaha R6
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »

If you ever make it to a track school I highly recommend a two-up ride with one of the instructors. waytogo waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
DesmoDiva

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 06:48:40 AM »

I'm still kicking myself for passing up a 2-up ride with Keith Code at CSS.   bang head

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
ducnymph

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 03:00:44 AM »

If you ever make it to a track school I highly recommend a two-up ride with one of the instructors. waytogo waytogo

Yeah, that's what I mostly refering to as I happen to think riding crazy fast on the street is sketchy Shocked  I'm plannning to do the Keigwin's novice school this May and am hoping an instructor will take me on the back. I've only done two track days with years apart so this'll be a first back-to-back track riding experience... I'm so excited to do it  Grin Grin

That will be the ultimate cupcake experience!

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 04:25:35 PM »

Yeah, that's what I mostly refering to as I happen to think riding crazy fast on the street is sketchy Shocked  I'm plannning to do the Keigwin's novice school this May and am hoping an instructor will take me on the back. I've only done two track days with years apart so this'll be a first back-to-back track riding experience... I'm so excited to do it  Grin Grin

That will be the ultimate cupcake experience!

Nice!  Two of the Keigwin's instructors happen to be MOB members (tigre and datv) so make sure to look out for them.  Smiley

All the instructors are great there, actually. It's a really great school. Have fun! waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ThelmaLou

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 07:04:10 PM »

That's because nearly every dude is a TERRIBLE passenger.  Seriously.  What's up with you guys?  It's like something in your DNA tells you to scratch yourselves, jerk your head around to look at every blonde crossing the street, fumble for your wallet and try some sort of anti-gravity take on back-seat counter-steering every time you ride behind someone.   laughingdp

laughingdp  applause

popcorn

2001 M600
Organ donation will save my fathers life! Give Life! - Be an Organ Donor!
ducnymph

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »

Nice!  Two of the Keigwin's instructors happen to be MOB members (tigre and datv) so make sure to look out for them.  Smiley

Thanks! I'll see if either of them will be there on the days I'm going. I'm super excited, I booked it the other night. Grin Grin Grin

Shortie
Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

No longer hangin_biposto! :D

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

I will still happily ride cupcake with my beau. I rode with him long enough before I got my own bike to trust him, though it is kind of scary knowing I don't have control of the situation.

Plus, I think I would miss the closeness being on a bike together offers.

Street - 1991 GSF 400 Bandit
Dirt - 1972 Chaparral ST80

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

Such terrible things come out of them  Lips Sealed

www.pbase.com/mcharest
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 09:16:23 PM »

I will still happily ride cupcake with my beau. I rode with him long enough before I got my own bike to trust him, though it is kind of scary knowing I don't have control of the situation.

Plus, I think I would miss the closeness being on a bike together offers.
I'm glad someone else besides me likes to ride two up. I think it's a nice change and if you are comfortable, why not? I think its really relaxing if you are confident with your beau, hubby, etc.! I kind of miss my bike tho when I'm away from it!
Grio

Erzulie

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »

That's because nearly every dude is a TERRIBLE passenger.  Seriously.  What's up with you guys?  It's like something in your DNA tells you to scratch yourselves, jerk your head around to look at every blonde crossing the street, fumble for your wallet and try some sort of anti-gravity take on back-seat counter-steering every time you ride behind someone.   laughingdp

Yes, I gave Sacduc a cupcake ride once...after all that squirming from the back end, once I got the bike back in the garage I tried to discretly check the tire pressure.  I though there was something flat back there... laughingdp

Little Biscuits!
DirtDiva
vroommmmm

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »

I've been caught on the back on my own bike.. for logistical reasons. Sad or having someone to take me to go get my bike. But i'm really uncomfortable back there! It takes much more physically for me to ride back there.

I did really enjoy riding 2 up on a cruiser with a back rest though!!

Loving every minute of it!
lauramonster
pissin' on this thread with your

Ride it like you stole it.........

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »

I'll ride on the back.  Friend has a sporty tourer and he put it through it's paces last time I was on back!!!!  He was speed shifting and leaning into turns like I never would have!!!  It was a blast.  He was trying to scare me, and ended up teaching me a few things about skilled riding. 

Frickin' snow!
River
Oh look, I'm a

Yogini Ducatista

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »

The only person I've ever ridden two-up with is a Buddhist monk named Kusala.  Grin  He's the only one I've ever trusted enough to ride with, and he has a cruiser with a back rest.

Having fallen off the back of a wave runner at 70 mph I lost my affinity for riding on the back of anything.  Water is hard at that speed.   Angry

Inara: (pissed) "What did I say to you about barging into my shuttle?"

Mal: "That it was manly and impulsive?"

Inara: "Yes, precisely. Only the exact phrase I used was 'don't'."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: