Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:43:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjustable CRG's  (Read 4502 times)
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« on: December 06, 2008, 09:22:14 AM »

winter is here and i've been thinking about some adjustable crg levers...

i have tini hands (XS) and wondered if any of the ladies on the dmf with small hands could comment on the fit/adjustability?

please feel free to post up some pics of what you've got and where you got them!

thanks girlz  [moto]
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 10:00:55 AM »

I've got some Pazzo shorty levers TiNi.

I have teeny tiny hands (small, extra small gloves) and have them adjusted all they closest to the bar and they work great. They're very similar to CRGs I believe.

Edited to attach pics:

I'm not pulling on the lever at all in this pic:

Pic without hand:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:36:58 AM by JBubble » Logged
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 04:26:51 PM »

i have tini hands (XS) and wondered if any of the ladies on the dmf with small hands could comment on the fit/adjustability?

please feel free to post up some pics of what you've got and where you got them!

thanks girlz  [moto]
Hi...as soon as I got my bike I had trouble with the length of the throw with the stock levers. I don't have small hands either but it was difficult for me. I bought the CRG's and what a fabulous difference they make. I bought black but after thinking about it could be fun to get a color...enjoy! applause
ro-monster

mmmmonsterz...

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »

I have the CRGs also, and they are a definite improvement over stock. However, I can't put them on the position that is closest to the bars, as I would like to. If I do, the clutch will not disengage fully. I've had the clutch adjusted but it's not enough to compensate for that on my bike. Maybe yours will be better.

1998 M900
1996 Suzuki DR650
sully749

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »

Hey, woman -

I have the CRG adjustables for brake and clutch, and while I dig it for the clutch, keep in mind that adjusting to a shorter range for the brake means that MORE braking will be done in LESS range . . . this was a rude awakening the first time I used it.  I prefer a bit more gradual braking, so I ended up extending the braking setting to almost where my stock lever would be. 

But they look badass, which has to count for at least 49% of Monster modification decisions!    waytogo

'03 749s
'08 Hyper S

Southern NH
mbalmer

Ready to ride

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »

I have the ASV levers which are a great idea, but I cannot adjust the clutch lever inward at all or I cannot start my bike in gear if I should happen to stall. I am not satisfied with the company's quick fix which is to put the bike in neutral to start it. On the rare occasions that I stall the bike, I don't want to have to put it in neutral. It should function properly, but I guess most adjustable levers have this problem. So avoid the ASV levers if you need to move them all the way in (brake lever is no problem).

Is it June yet?
Ducgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 11:06:41 AM »

Hi.. that hasn't been a problem for me with the CRG's, I love 'em.... Grin
Ducgirl

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »

thanks girlz  [moto]
Hi.. did you get the CRG's and do you like them??
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »

Hi.. did you get the CRG's and do you like them??

She was asking on behalf of mrincredible...he got them for my Christmas present. Smiley

So far so good, although I've only done a couple of commutes with them on.  Still need to play with the setting and my hand position a bit, not used to being able to cover the front brake.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ducnymph

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »

I have the CRG adjustables for brake and clutch, and while I dig it for the clutch, keep in mind that adjusting to a shorter range for the brake means that MORE braking will be done in LESS range   waytogo

+1

I put the brake lever out farther at 3 or 4, I think, and kept the clutch at the closest setting. I just got my CRG's for Christmas and they're really buttery and nice. This was one of the best improvements for my 696 in terms of quicker acceleration. The stock levers made me feel like the bike was took forever starting from a stop. Now, it's more natural and responsive. As for handsize, I have size Med hands and having the shorties is well enough for me that I can imagine a S or XS hand would find these levers MUCH better than stock.   

Ex: 09 monster 696 pearl white
Current: 05 Yamaha R6
ducnymph

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 02:54:03 AM »

She was asking on behalf of mrincredible...he got them for my Christmas present. Smiley

Awww, very sweet Smiley I didn't catch this before my last reply.

Ex: 09 monster 696 pearl white
Current: 05 Yamaha R6
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 04:05:13 AM »

he made me do it...
he said if i didn't help him he'd torture me  Undecided

Grin

glad you like 'em paula! i may get some for myself someday...
Cuky_Monster

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 09:59:19 AM »

So do the CRGs have the same tension as stock?  On my M696 the clutch is pretty easy to pull in, I would just be afraid my hand would start cramping sitting in traffic with the CRGs. 

I don't mean to hi-jack this tread but I am curious what the experience has been for small hands.

Thanks.

2009 696 Flat Black
jdubbs32584
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »

My pazzos are no different from my stock levers except they are closer to the bar and thus easier to pull.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 04:26:19 PM »

My pazzos are no different from my stock levers except they are closer to the bar and thus easier to pull.

Same for the CRGs.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: