Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2-wheeled photo extravaganza! December 13, 12-7pm  (Read 25747 times)
dallas2r

« on: December 07, 2008, 11:02:54 PM »

Come join us at the WareHome this Saturday December 13th from 12-7 for an amazing opportunity to have your 2-wheeler immortalized in a stylish, professionally photographed image. Scott has graciously offered to donate his photographic artistry to help me reach my fund-raising goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

How much would you expect to pay for a stunning high-quality professional image that's suitable for printing up to 20x24? A professional photographer would bill at least $250 and another $150-$300 for retouching to make things perfect. Come to the WareHome this Saturday (or anytime through the end of the year) and your fine machine will be captured in high-resolution goodness using professional equipment. From there they will be brought into Photoshop for cleanup, enhancements and custom lettering. But wait, there's more. You'll also receive free of charge a desktop wallpaper jpg that you can proudly display on your computer for your friends and co-workers to ogle over. What would you expect to pay for such an amazing package? $300, $250... how about $75! That's right.

For $75, you'll have your bikes beauty captured and retouched to a level of perfection you'll be proud to display. If you've seen the North Texas Ducatisti print displayed on the wall at Motopia, then you've already seen an example of the level of quality you can expect. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. In addition, your hi-resolution file will be posted to a hosting site where you can purchase a myriad of different print options. Anything from regular prints, to printed canvas, to coffee mugs... whatever you can imagine, they've probably got it. They also offer framing options too!

Here's a sample of what to expect:

We all have amazingly beautiful machines and I often wonder what I'll have to remember them by 10 or 20 years from now. What better way to commemorate that perfection than in a professionally styled photograph? So come on out this weekend anytime from 12-7. We'll be hanging out, playing MotoGP on the PS3, and taking lots of pictures. Bring whatever manner of 2-wheeled conveyance you'd like to capture and your favorite libation. 
chug

UPDATE:
There will also be members of the Velvet Kittens on hand for the photo shoot! Nothing makes a bike look better than a scantily clad burlesque dancer!  waytogo

Map:
http://tinyurl.com/warehome

8201 Sovereign Row
Dallas, TX 75247

Artist portfolios:

Photographer: Scott Metcalfe
Digital Artist: William Wardy

All proceeds will go directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to raise money for research and patient services. Cash or checks accepted at the WareHome or you can pre-pay with credit card at my donation website:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntx/solvang09/wwardy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:25:10 PM by dallas2r » Logged

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:49:12 AM »

[moto]  This is an incredible offer (read: rock bottom bargain) and a really great fundraiser idea!  waytogo

Good luck to you guys on raising $$$$  applause  Cool

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 07:08:50 AM »

Great idea, great cause! 

I'll probably be there on Sat, but alas my 848 is dirty and will be in the shop by the weeks' end

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 07:17:58 AM »

alas my 848 is dirty and will be in the shop by the weeks' end

Bike photos can be taken (by appointment) anytime between now (and I do mean now) & the end of the year waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
dallas2r

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »

[moto]  This is an incredible offer (read: rock bottom bargain) and a really great fundraiser idea!  waytogo

Good luck to you guys on raising $$$$  applause  Cool

Thanks Donald. This is definitely a labor of love for me. I love anything with two wheels and I love the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for what they do. I can't wait to see all the hi-res details of everyone's fine machines.

Great idea, great cause! 

I'll probably be there on Sat, but alas my 848 is dirty and will be in the shop by the weeks' end

No worries there Bryant. Scott will leave the lighting and backdrop setup for the rest of the year for anyone that can't make it on Saturday. Weekdays, weekends, morning, evening... whenever. As long as it fits Scotts schedule of course.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:24:49 AM by dallas2r » Logged

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:35:15 AM »

[moto]  This is an incredible offer (read: rock bottom bargain)

Feel free to pay more!!!!!!! Grin

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
muskrat

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 08:04:05 AM »

Come join us at the WareHome this Saturday December 13th from 12-7 for an amazing opportunity to have your 2-wheeler immortalized in a stylish, professionally photographed image. Scott has graciously offered to donate his photographic artistry to help me reach my fund-raising goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

How much would you expect to pay for a stunning high-quality professional image that's suitable for printing up to 20x24? A professional photographer would bill at least $250 and another $150-$300 for retouching to make things perfect. Come to the WareHome this Saturday (or anytime through the end of the year) and your fine machine will be captured in high-resolution goodness using professional equipment. From there they will be brought into Photoshop for cleanup, enhancements and custom lettering. But wait, there's more. You'll also receive free of charge a desktop wallpaper jpg that you can proudly display on your computer for your friends and co-workers to ogle over. What would you expect to pay for such an amazing package? $300, $250... how about $75! That's right.

For $75, you'll have your bikes beauty captured and retouched to a level of perfection you'll be proud to display. If you've seen the North Texas Ducatisti print displayed on the wall at Motopia, then you've already seen an example of the level of quality you can expect. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. In addition, your hi-resolution file will be posted to a hosting site where you can purchase a myriad of different print options. Anything from regular prints, to printed canvas, to coffee mugs... whatever you can imagine, they've probably got it. They also offer framing options too!

Here's a sample of what to expect:

We all have amazingly beautiful machines and I often wonder what I'll have to remember them by 10 or 20 years from now. What better way to commemorate that perfection than in a professionally styled photograph? So come on out this weekend anytime from 12-7. We'll be hanging out, playing MotoGP on the PS3, and taking lots of pictures. Bring whatever manner of 2-wheeled conveyance you'd like to capture and your favorite libation. 
chug

Map:
http://tinyurl.com/warehome

Artist portfolios:

Photographer: Scott Metcalfe
Digital Artist: William Wardy

All proceeds will go directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to raise money for research and patient services. Cash or checks accepted.

I'm in and so is Elizabeth but I do have a problem.  Can you change the background to water with sand so I can wear my speedo?   Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Slag
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 08:10:13 AM »

Great idea guys  waytogo  Catie and I would like to participate  chug
muskrat

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 08:23:02 AM »

Shocked Shocked

bang head

I hear that rules are not in play at the warehouse  chug

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:26:04 AM »

I hear that rules are not in play at the WareHome chug

fixed. Grin

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:29 AM »

Catie and I would like to participate

Most excellent, Mr. Zach. Please contact Mr. William, as I believe pre-payment is a prerequisite waytogo

TresGatos

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »

waytogo+1

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »

Ok, so I'm a little slow since Saturday nights extravaganza, so I'm in on it now.

Please do try to attend another get together to the west AFTER your party...if you can. That sounds great.

I for one will be attending YOUR party for this as well. Can you take out tank dents and can scrapes?
Whoa, what am I asking !  This is the Wi Wa Photo Machine at work here!...
(que the music).....
"You can do magic
You can have anything that you desire
Magic, and you know
You're the one who can put out the fire..."
ThelmaLou

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 07:29:27 PM »

Great idea guys  waytogo  Catie and I would like to participate  chug

+2
maybe we can ride over together  [moto]

2001 M600
Organ donation will save my fathers life! Give Life! - Be an Organ Donor!
muskrat

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 09:40:16 PM »

Most excellent, Mr. Zach. Please contact Mr. William, as I believe pre-payment is a prerequisite waytogo

must everyone pre-pay or will cash in hand be good enough for two-wheel photo op?

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: