Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 11:29:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rossi is God  (Read 22901 times)
gm2

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 07:13:24 AM »

CUTTERS RULE

Like this is the racing, no?
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »

CUTTERS RULE
No way dude, O'Doyle rules!
gm2

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »

whatever, shorty.

Grin

COWBOY

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 08:50:59 AM »

#46 RULEZ!!!!

be::

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Jester

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 09:03:47 AM »

+1 on Rossi is God! 

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
gm2

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 09:55:21 AM »

Rossi hints he will stay at Yamaha

interesting article.  he's open about the M1, bridgestone, loss of confidence in michelin and the fact that of course now they want to prove him wrong.

just wish those stupid journalists would stop referring to him as "The seven-time world champion"....   Grin

COWBOY

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 10:14:43 AM »

Rossi hints he will stay at Yamaha
just wish those stupid journalists would stop referring to him as "The seven-time world champion"....   Grin

co::  Must resist the bait... Don't take it......ah make the beast with two backs....

If I wanted to be considered the GOAT and was down on my comparative championship count I'd have my PR guys insist on including my Class championships too.  I'm surprised they don't use his carting wins as well.    Grin

And if there is a "father" in racing's holy trinity it would have to be Agostini.

There we go.  Now I feel like we've moved in.   dr::

Since we are in a new place let me go on the record right at the start before the haterade starts to flow...

1.  I like Rossi, I admire Rossi, I pull for Rossi.  I just don't idolize him,  need to find excuses for him or denigrate the field when he loses.  He is an amazing talent whose riding and record speaks for itself.

2.  I enjoy our banter and am glad to have found a place that likes the races as much as I do.

CHEERS
 be::

CWBY
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:16:53 AM by COWBOY » Logged

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 10:27:51 AM »

Rossi is a whiner  Tongue

hello fellas  Smiley

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
derby

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »

Rossi is a whiner  Tongue

hello fellas  Smiley

glad ya found us.  Grin

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
gm2

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 10:35:01 AM »

If I wanted to be considered the GOAT and was down on my comparative championship count I'd have my PR guys insist on including my Class championships too.  I'm surprised they don't use his carting wins as well.    Grin

rossi's PR guys write for autosport?

let me ask you this: how many titles does Lorenzo have?

(and, hi, welcome!  be:: Grin )

COWBOY

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »

The PR firm certainly has input into what goes into an article if their man is going to agree to participate in an interview.  Standard practice and is part of the negotiation up front for any celebrity let alone athlete.

ZERO World Titles and 2 Class Championships.   I know FanBoys like to dismiss them but the 2006 and 2007 World Champions were Hayden and Stoner respectively.

I won't continue this though "world champion" argument until someone answers the simple question that has yet to be addressed.

"Name one other major racing circuit which counts feeder class championships WITH it's premier class when counting/describing its drivers/riders/etc. Hell I'll expand the pool name one other SPORT who even mentions feeder class/league performance when talking about a players championship credentials."

Even with the class championships Rossi is only half way to the dominance that was Agostini.  Over similar time frames (8-10 years) Agostini won 8 Premier Class Championships (500cc) and 8 more Class championships (350cc) for a total of 16.

5 in a row is certainly nothing new in GP nor for Burgess -- see Mick Doohan.

Glad to see y'all here.  Appreciate the break from the tedium of work. 

derby

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »

so freddy spencer only won one world championship in 1985?  Tongue

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
COWBOY

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:47 AM »

I won't continue this though "world champion" argument until someone answers the simple question that has yet to be addressed.

"Name one other major racing circuit which counts feeder class championships WITH it's premier class when counting/describing its drivers/riders/etc. Hell I'll expand the pool name one other SPORT who even mentions feeder class/league performance when talking about a players championship credentials."

This could go on forever if you're going to name any rider who has won at 250cc and gone on to win 500cc.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:41:50 AM by COWBOY » Logged

mxwinky

'08 S4RS Tricolore #187, '95 900SS SP, MTS 1000S

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »

Let's just face the reality that all the GP riders, past and present, inhabit a riding realm we can only vaguely imagine.  No one gets to the level of a World Championship ride, in any displacement, with merely pedestrian talent or ability.  Of course if you ever saw Kenny Roberts or Kevin Schwantz ride you just might agree you've seen something very otherworldly.  There are things I saw them do that are forever burned into my memory and send chills down my neck when I think of them.  Now on to other things.

Quite an interesting season now.  The Ducati isn't as dominant and hasn't seemed to find its setup yet.  Lorenzo has been amazing as a class rookie.  Rossi is Rossi, which means it was only a matter of time before he cracked the nut and started winning.  We'll see how the Bridgestones play out over the full season.  People laughed and snorted when he went to Yamaha, then he shut them all up, twice.  I don't know if you can ever crown a GOAT, but he's a contender.  And Hayden, poor Hayden.  If only Honda would make a bike for him instead of Pedrosa he might stand a chance.  Meanwhile let's all crack a coldie and drink a toast to Colin Edwards.  Here's hoping he wins one before it's all said and done!  Cheers!

Oh yeah, DePuniet, quit crashing.  West, what happened to you?  Hopkins, get your ass going!  Melandri, are you done yet?  Pedrosa, eat something you scrawny little mutant!  Capirossi, a tip of the hat, old man.  I think it's time for another sedative . . .

If it's got two wheels and a motor, I like it!
gm2

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 11:56:47 AM »

Melandri, are you done yet?

did you watch last weekend's race?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: