Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 12:11:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rossi is God  (Read 22902 times)
gm2

« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »

What-ever he beat Casey Stoner fair and square as they came in together just like the Yamaha Team did. Except the end of the race  Tongue Like book ends. I'm sure they meant to do that.

I'm not sure what 80% of that means   Roll Eyes Smiley

and on or off topic.. not sure.. nothing about my comment is really about marco.  his problem is/was the bike.

Like this is the racing, no?
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 04:44:16 AM »

I'm not sure what 80% of that means   Roll Eyes Smiley

and on or off topic.. not sure.. nothing about my comment is really about marco.  his problem is/was the bike.

Just joking - Melandri & Stoner came in 15th and 16th place at the last GP race respectively. That means Melandri actually beat Stoner to the finish line. Yamaha's team was at the front, Ducati's team at the back like bookends.
ok dumb joke.

You think Melandri hasn't figured out his GP8? What's his deal?
I can't say I understand why he's doing so badly with Ducati.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
Galway_Girl

i love rocks and dirt

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 06:41:07 AM »

i approve of this thread gentlemen, please do continue Smiley
gm2

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2008, 08:16:28 AM »

You think Melandri hasn't figured out his GP8? What's his deal?
I can't say I understand why he's doing so badly with Ducati.

if you think about it, since the 800cc GP machine was introduced, only 1 rider out of 7 have had any measure of success with it.  the other 6 can barely get around the track (ok, save 1 race: loris @ motegi).  if 86% of those that attempt to ride it basically can't, it's fair to say it's the bike that's the problem.  not the riders.

read mamola's review after riding the GP7 last year.. something like 'a fire-breathing dragon, barely under control by electronics'.  so far, much to his credit, the only person vaguely comfortable riding that style is casey.

...oh, and he came from dirt tracking.  which is why, to tie this back to a different thread, lots of people have said nicky should be on that bike.  hmmmm.

Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2008, 08:41:54 AM »

if you think about it, since the 800cc GP machine was introduced, only 1 rider out of 7 have had any measure of success with it.  the other 6 can barely get around the track (ok, save 1 race: loris @ motegi).  if 86% of those that attempt to ride it basically can't, it's fair to say it's the bike that's the problem.  not the riders.

read mamola's review after riding the GP7 last year.. something like 'a fire-breathing dragon, barely under control by electronics'.  so far, much to his credit, the only person vaguely comfortable riding that style is casey.

...oh, and he came from dirt tracking.  which is why, to tie this back to a different thread, lots of people have said nicky should be on that bike.  hmmmm.

Ya I absolutely agree with you in theory - not having any communication with those who ride it...
Though its quite clear to us all by now a bike fits one like a shoe. Some you fit, some you don't. It's a good guess Nicky may do better with this Italian rocket having done well on the 1000cc and miserable on the 800cc. Watching Casey back it in through countless corners, getting back into the race after finding dirt off the track etc. shows his comfort with sliding around a bit.

Can't say I know all the issues, But sounds like a good guess.

Melandri just may tragically be an in-line-4 kind of guy like Rossi.   Undecided

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
gm2

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »

Melandri just may tragically be an in-line-4 kind of guy like Rossi.   Undecided

nah, i think marco is just a stable in the corners kinda guy.  he doesn't trust that duc as far as he can throw it.  china notwithstanding.

rossi... to bring us back on topic  Grin... i'm sure could ride the ducati just because he's rossi.  and b/c JB would figure it out.

mikeb
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

How is Rossi and in-line-4 kind of guy?  He did pretty well on two-strokes and the RC211V if my memory serves me correctly.  waytogo

gm2

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67611

darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »

Wow, some very honest words from their head of racing in that article, I love it.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »

Everyone loves a winner.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

jswledhed

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2008, 02:45:07 PM »

I, too, have wondered about that.  I suppose nothing's impossible, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see Nicky on the 'sedici. Undecided
derby

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2008, 02:49:34 PM »

I, too, have wondered about that.  I suppose nothing's impossible, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see Nicky on the 'sedici. Undecided

whyso? ducati offered it to him once, why not a second time?

there ARE rumors floatin' around that he's already signed with the italians for '09.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
jswledhed

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2008, 03:00:01 PM »

Really.  That'd be interesting indeed.  I figured he was Honduh through and through.  I'd love to see it, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.  Linkage? Smiley
derby

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2008, 04:20:11 PM »

Really.  That'd be interesting indeed.  I figured he was Honduh through and through.  I'd love to see it, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.  Linkage? Smiley

he's been on hondas since 1999 (suzuki before that) and loyalty is one of the reasons he re-signed with big red 2 years ago when ducati offered him a ton of money and the gp7.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
Armor

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2008, 06:16:40 PM »

I would like to see Hayden on the Ducati but I don't think he would want to switch rides.  No one can compete on the Ducati except Stoner.  I think Stoner wins in spite of the Ducati.  If Stoner was on a Yamaha - look out.

04 M1000s, Arrows, Light Flywheel, Ohlins suspension
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: