Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:44:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to connect your iPhone to your Autocom Audio System  (Read 4637 times)
carlosbarrios

04 Monster S4R__________ 74 CB550 Cafe Racer

« on: December 12, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »

I use an autocom easi-plus, with an iPhone, a radar detector, and a 2-way radio. Works great to do everything I need. The autocom has 2 headsets, so I can talk to the pillion. Both rider and pillion can talk/hear on the iPhone and the 2-way radio. Both rider and pillion can hear the radar detector. I carry it all in a tank bag. I have a push to talk button coming out of the talk bag for the 2-way radio, and an iPhone function button coming out of the tank bag too, which is for play/pause/next song and answer/ignore/end a call. The ONLY issue was that I had to make the cable that connects between the autocom and the iPhone. It is a 4-pole 3.5mm cable with 2 of the contacts switched, and the button added in between. Not a big deal.

If you buy a normal 4-pole 3.5mm cable, cut it in half and do the following:

Notice that every shielding from one end (SLEEVE) will be connected to the RING2 wire of the other, and vice versa.  The wires normally have an insulating film that needs to be superheated in order to be burned off, so that they are soldered properly.  Just check the continuity from one end to the other when you are all done to make sure the solder joints are good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: