Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:31:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended Viewing (riding movies)  (Read 7967 times)
Jnaids07

« on: May 12, 2008, 07:02:24 AM »

So I saw there is a new recommended reading thread going, however I thought it would be good if people could share their favorite riding movies.  Since this is in riding techniques, it should probably be a somewhat instructional video. 

I have heard mixed reviews about some of the videos based on the popular riding books.  It would be great to start a list of useful street/track riding movies for those visual learners out there. 

I would start but I haven't yet seen any.   I was thinking the format could go like below:

Movie Title:
Author/Producer:
Brief Description of movie:  (street, track, skill level/difficulty, skills taught, etc.)
Who you would recommend it to: (rider type/proficiency)

Anyone want to start?  Grin

| '04 M620 Capirex | DP Remus High Exhaust | Open Air Box w/ K&N Filter | 14t Front Sprocket | Apex Clip-Ons | Rizoma Billet Grips | CRG Hindsight LS Mirrors | Lowered Gauges/Fairing/Headlight/Signals | HID Headlight | CC Frame Sliders | Carbon Pieces | Wire Ties / Reflectors / Stickers Removed |
ScottRNelson

Mr. Dual Sport Rider

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:05:45 AM »

I kind of like the 2007 Isle of Man TT Review.  That shows me a level of riding way beyond what I ever hope to achieve.  MotoGP and Superbike races look slow by comparison.  And way safer.

Sorry if this isn't what you had in mind.  I've never watched any videos specifically aimed a  teaching better riding techniques.

Scott R. Nelson, 2001 XR650L, 2020 KTM 790 Adv R, Meridian, ID
Adam in TX

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »

Faster! is excellent.

Covers the 2002/2003 MotoGP seasons (IIRC). Narrated by Ewan McGregor. Nothing really practical for us, but it's still a great flick.

The Doctor, The Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid is pretty good, but (to me) doesn't really hold a candle to Faster!

On Any Sunday is another great old-school motorcycle racing movie.
FatguyRacer

The A-hole fomerly known as Blueshark928

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »

Nothing will help you more than a copy of Ride Like A Pro III. Maybe they're up to 4 by now. It's all slow speed manuvering and skills training.

John Krawczyk
2002 Ducati ST4s (FIM chip, Arrow Carbys, Sargent seat, DP comfort fairing, Ducati Designs headlight, Toby steering dampener)
My Blog - The Chronicles of Fatguy Racer
androgynous

if you need change in your life im your cashier

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 01:28:28 PM »

Nothing will help you more than a copy of Ride Like A Pro III. Maybe they're up to 4 by now. It's all slow speed manuvering and skills training.

where can i get it

If you need change in your life I'm your cashier
FatguyRacer

The A-hole fomerly known as Blueshark928

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »

right from the source

http://www.ridelikeapro.com/

John Krawczyk
2002 Ducati ST4s (FIM chip, Arrow Carbys, Sargent seat, DP comfort fairing, Ducati Designs headlight, Toby steering dampener)
My Blog - The Chronicles of Fatguy Racer
Lukey

Perpetual Newbie

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »

For the record, they're up to version "V" by now!

'04 S4R (996 Motor)
-Arrow CF Exhaust
-RaceTech Gold Valve suspension F/R
-Precious little else because I like what Ducati came up with
silentbob
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Cool-As-Ice-Vanilla/dp/6302261589/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1211763130&sr=8-1

Cool as Ice.  My fence jumping skills never improved as much as when I saw this movie.  Many people may not know this but Vanilla Ice did the really hard stunts for Steve McQueen.  "drop that zero and get with the hero".
Gypsy Davy

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »

Many people may not know this but Vanilla Ice did the really hard stunts for Steve McQueen. 

Now that's funny.   Grin

David

2001 Ducati ST2
blue tiger

I'm damn near as tough as I am stupid.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 12:59:28 AM »

The oscar winning movie Torque is where I learned all my riding techniques. I'm learning from Biker Boyz now because I sincerely wish to be the King of Cali.!!

I'm here to kick a*! and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubble gum.
cmorgan47

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 06:57:20 AM »

you won't learn many skills from it, but "world's fastest indian" has to be my favorite motorcycle movie ever.  anthony hopkins nailed it.
bulldogs2k

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 07:27:20 PM »

Long Way Round  [moto]
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »

I kind of like the 2007 Isle of Man TT Review.  That shows me a level of riding way beyond what I ever hope to achieve.  MotoGP and Superbike races look slow by comparison.  And way safer.

Sorry if this isn't what you had in mind.  I've never watched any videos specifically aimed a  teaching better riding techniques.

100 Years of Isle of Man.  Very cool evolution.

Long Way Round  [moto]

And Long Way Down

Easy Rider
Worlds Fastest Indian
Motorcycle Diaries (When you are in the mood to read)

There is about 10 minutes worth watching in the 2nd Matrix  Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Ducatiloo

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »

Disk 2 ie "FASTER AND FASTER"

and Biker Boys  I was taught how to talk down to my mother, the Iron Cross, ride with diamond plated plates strapped to my feet and how to do dirt jumps like a squid.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:12:11 PM by Ducatiloo » Logged

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
Ducatiloo

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »

There is about 10 minutes worth watching in the 2nd Matrix  Grin

+1  I put that movie in just to see the 996  sexy!! Kiss

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: