Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 02:42:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 999 track bike?  (Read 10829 times)
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »

I hear ya Dax. CDC you know where my head is at on this topic. I just hope my kitchen points this Christmas will amount to that much. But Like Jesus said IF it's still here...I don't see that bike staying for sale much longer than the weekend. Yeah, got the cash but can't let it go or I'd be headless...yeah there too.

You see, you guys with these Godsend brides who actually LIKE motos AND will actually ride them are just walking on air. Someday you'll come down here amongst us mere mortals and realize it's all about kitchen points.

I somewhat agree it does look like Ohlins in the one pic that shows the front forks but the tops do not have the tradmark 'blue tops'. Need a closer look. Dax, let's just ride down Saturday and take a look instead having the party at your house ok? To the Woodlands from downtown Dallas it's 3.5 hours of 80+mph and can be done in a day. So, get back to me on that ok?
muskrat

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 10:39:12 PM »

I hear ya Dax. CDC you know where my head is at on this topic. I just hope my kitchen points this Christmas will amount to that much. But Like Jesus said IF it's still here...I don't see that bike staying for sale much longer than the weekend. Yeah, got the cash but can't let it go or I'd be headless...yeah there too.

You see, you guys with these Godsend brides who actually LIKE motos AND will actually ride them are just walking on air. Someday you'll come down here amongst us mere mortals and realize it's all about kitchen points.

I somewhat agree it does look like Ohlins in the one pic that shows the front forks but the tops do not have the tradmark 'blue tops'. Need a closer look. Dax, let's just ride down Saturday and take a look instead having the party at your house ok? To the Woodlands from downtown Dallas it's 3.5 hours of 80+mph and can be done in a day. So, get back to me on that ok?

I can do Monday or even Sunday if it's not too cold.  I have installers coming tomorrow and Saturday morning so I can't leave the to-be alone or she'll have me headless too  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
Seriously though, bring Redette early in the cage while you ride and let Eli talk to her for about two hours while we ride Saturday....you just may be suprised?Huh? Wink

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Giannis
Bad Brains

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 12:32:13 AM »

Description at the very top says 999S. Bike shows ohlins. You can see the gold anodizing in the front 3/4 pics.
\

The Description is wrong.... 999S has Ohlins forks those are Showa fork with gold sliders but silver boots and the adjusters scream Showa... Rear shock  isnt Ohlins neither... also the 999S behind the 999 has an S this bike doesnt. Also the 999S has white  tail section

here is a pic of a 04 999S if you want to compare yourself...

and here is how the Ohlins fork Adjusters look on top

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:34:54 AM by giannis » Logged

Billy: We did it, man. We did it, we did it. We're rich, man. We're retirin' in Florida now, mister....
Captain America: You know Billy, we blew it....
www.speedjunkies.gr
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 12:38:43 AM »

I didnt see nowhere Ohlins on this bike other than the damper ... And is a base 999 not S...

Description at the very top says 999S. Bike shows ohlins. You can see the gold anodizing in the front 3/4 pics.

Good catch Giannis.  You too Red.  Sorry Jesus but the base 999 came with TIN coated Showa forks which I believe had silver colored fork uppers while the Ohlins have gold colored uppers.  The top covers are also blue on most factory Ohlins and silver on Showas.  The steering dampener is indeed an Ohlins on this bike but likely a replacement of the stock non Ohlins dampener.

That was disingenious of the seller to describe this as a 999S when it was clearly a base model.  The fairing read 999.

cdc

RED
carries my

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »

I was at Eurosport Cycles last night and I think there was a 999r (tagged at $24k) in the corner by the Bimoto. Would love trip9 track bike for sure. I wonder if Cher or Svoloch would part with either of theirs for a couple g's? I'm just sayin...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:28:41 PM by RED » Logged
cdc

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 05:34:55 PM »

I was at Eurosport Cycles last night and I think there was a 999r (tagged at $24k) in the corner by the Bimoto.

That's my bike!   Well, whenever I win the lotto that is.

I wonder if Cher or Svoloch would part with either of theirs for a couple g's? I'm just sayin...

The problem with buying Patrick's sh1t hot black 999 is that if you were to scratch that beautiful decal job, Cher will come to your house and beat you upside the head silly.    Grin

cdc
Giannis
Bad Brains

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »

I was at Eurosport Cycles last night and I think there was a 999r (tagged at $24k) in the corner by the Bimoto. Would love trip9 track bike for sure. I wonder if Cher or Svoloch would part with either of theirs for a couple g's? I'm just sayin...
AMS has 2 Xerox 999R's one for 24k pretty much New, i know the Owner, he never took it to the track neither rode it on the street, it has 200 miles  Shocked

And another for 18k with 2000 miles Termi exhaust, Sliper EVR and much more... Cool

if i had the extra cash i would own one of the Xerox Bikes...

Billy: We did it, man. We did it, we did it. We're rich, man. We're retirin' in Florida now, mister....
Captain America: You know Billy, we blew it....
www.speedjunkies.gr
fastwin
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 08:04:45 PM »

The cheaper 999R has been tracked... big time and the owner just wants to dump it.Tongue That came straight from AMS. Not saying who. Look at the tires, they tell the story... along with the scratched up tank. If I put out money for a Xerox R it needs to be 95-100%. The 999"S" in this thread is BS. That's a base 999. Besides, the 999 to get is the 2005 and younger models. No "jack-o-latern" front fairing, better swingarm and other goodies. Just saying. That's why you rarely see 2005+ 999 or 999S models for sale. Peeps are hanging on to them. I'll crawl back in my hole now.
muskrat

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 06:41:05 AM »

\

The Description is wrong.... 999S has Ohlins forks those are Showa fork with gold sliders but silver boots and the adjusters scream Showa... Rear shock  isnt Ohlins neither... also the 999S behind the 999 has an S this bike doesnt. Also the 999S has white  tail section

here is a pic of a 04 999S if you want to compare yourself...

and here is how the Ohlins fork Adjusters look on top

I don't know one fith of what you guys know regarding these bikes but I downloaded the picture and the bottom is gold.....either way for this price it would seem a steal.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
RED
carries my

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 06:48:24 AM »

AMS has 2 Xerox 999R's one for 24k pretty much New, i know the Owner, he never took it to the track neither rode it on the street, it has 200 miles  Shocked

And another for 18k with 2000 miles Termi exhaust, Sliper EVR and much more... Cool

if i had the extra cash i would own one of the Xerox Bikes...

Yep, Derrick told me yesterday that with the upcoming track day season (to which I know the schedule!) he said he'd make me 'sweet deal' on one of em. I told him that I couldn't in my right mind take one of those to the track and risk dumping it! To that he just shrugged...thinking to himself i'm sure...'Assh*!# I take my Desmo! So step up if you want to be a playaaah'

Agreed Giannis...cash poor moi.
cdc

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »

The cheaper 999R has been tracked... big time and the owner just wants to dump it.Tongue That came straight from AMS. Not saying who. Look at the tires, they tell the story... along with the scratched up tank. If I put out money for a Xerox R it needs to be 95-100%. The 999"S" in this thread is BS. That's a base 999. Besides, the 999 to get is the 2005 and younger models. No "jack-o-latern" front fairing, better swingarm and other goodies. Just saying. That's why you rarely see 2005+ 999 or 999S models for sale. Peeps are hanging on to them. I'll crawl back in my hole now.

I agree that the 2005 and younger 999s had an upgraded swingarm, patterned after the first iteration of the factory race bike, but if I am not mistakened, they used the "jack o lantern" front fairing in WSBK which I personally like (that's me) and for many people's needs, the original swingarn was elegant (again just my opinion) and not inadequate.  If it came in YELLOW, like one bike I know ( Grin), the original look of the 999 is georgeous and unique.  The exception would be the 999 in black.  Now that's SH1T HOT right there. 

As far as people hanging on to the newer 999, couldn't also be that the bikes are too new to sell especially in this down market?  Just asking?

cdc
RED
carries my

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »

Well, all I have to say is that the trip 9 is one hell of a performer. I got a friend who has an 's' with Termis and it's as polished a bike as ever was one. Fabulous power, demisionally correct and comfortable to ride. Heck, he's even put a full campsite load of gear on it and went camping in Arkansas with his girlfriend trailing on her 696 loaded the same! You can use it as a track bike, a truck, an RV....very versital. I'm just sayin.

Oh, and Mr. Fastie, we're waiting for you to emerge and shed the cocoon. I know it's difficult for you NOT to post and believe you me, your opinion weighs heavy here. (que applause now)  waytogo
fastwin
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »

As far as people hanging on to the newer 999, couldn't also be that the bikes are too new to sell especially in this down market?  Just asking?

That doesn't explain the plethora of 1098s on craigslist and ebay. I tried for a long time to upgrade to a 999S but could never find one other than the Parts Unlimited bikes like Gus'. Should have gotten the S over the standard to begin with, I've slowly morphed mine into an S and it's not as cheap after the fact. Live and learn.
Samsonite

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 08:55:45 AM »

I always thought yours was a "s" model, huh. ? It looks good though.

Oh, wanna buy a 1098s? I'll derby it on eBay for you.  laughingdp
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:29:35 AM by Tommy » Logged

Suzuki DS 80   Suzuki SP 125   Suzuki GSXR 1000   Ducati M600   Ducati SC 1000   Ducati S4R 1000   Ducati PS1000LE   Ducati 1098S   Yamaha YZFR 1000   Yamaha YZFR 600   Ducati Sport 900   Yamaha YSR 50   Triumph Daytona 600   2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
cdc

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 09:19:41 AM »

That doesn't explain the plethora of 1098s on craigslist and ebay. I tried for a long time to upgrade to a 999S but could never find one other than the Parts Unlimited bikes like Gus'. Should have gotten the S over the standard to begin with, I've slowly morphed mine into an S and it's not as cheap after the fact. Live and learn.

Ahh. There you go.  Your first hand experience trumps my musings.   bow down

Maybe it is I who should crawl back into my hole for expressing my opinion.   Roll Eyes Grin

cdc

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: