Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:29:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The official PIR race day / tack day report... and the reason Moe crashed  (Read 7172 times)
Gator

« on: May 12, 2008, 10:13:30 AM »

Words go down there

|
                                       |
                                       |
                                      \ /
                                       V
Gator

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »

Ha, I didn't know you crashed Moe, I just assumed.
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »

Hey ... speaking of crashes ... http://www.onsightproductions.net/

Click on the May 8th Cascade Track Time... and then on the Crash link... shows the MV Agusta stoppie whipe out.... insane... plus the bike is sitting in the shop at MotoCorsa right now. I would not wish that on anybody. Plus, his insurance may not be covering off on any of it.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Tailgunner

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

Is the rider okay? That looks really bad, messed up!
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »

His bike is completed shot, Kent got a great series of photo's from the crash.  He mentioned submitting them to road racing world crash page.

He is ok, and a really nice guy.  He was in good spirits even tho he yarded his only means of transportation. 

Maurice

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 02:06:28 PM »

Wait... that MV F4 was the rider's only vehicle?

Ouch, that sucks.  Undecided

Those photos are pretty gnarly.  Wish the previews weren't worthlessly small...

Glad to hear he's okay, though.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Mother
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »

If Kent isnt cool with this I will remove them

Tailgunner

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »

Sweet looking get off, glad he was not seriously injurded.

I'll go 25 bucks towards his next set of wheels  Smiley

In the other pics it looked to me like the MV landed on him.
desmosome

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »

Looks like he went grass trackn' and tried to bring it back to the track instead of standing it up.....

no?
ryandalling

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 02:55:21 PM »

The pics not shown... show him grabbed too much front and doing a stoppie... then he lets go and ends up in the grass and is still fighting it... then all hell breaks loose.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
desmosome

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »

oh...ok.... that seems more "reasonable"
Mother
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »

there are two or three flips between each of those photo's

to me it appeared he was off track and sliding then got back on the track and had too much front brake

Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »

He went wide in T3, ran into the dirt (a little) and instead of simply standing it up, he lost the back and it hi-sided him into the dirt.  Riders behind him say they saw a huge dust cloud, then he popped out, then his bike and they were like WTF is going on!  Smiley 

The kid was in great spirits after yarding such a nice bike, surprisingly, but I guess what else could he do.  Smiley

oh and Jacob sucks!

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
ryandalling

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 04:33:02 PM »

Mo - I wish you guys could have checked out the track from our view point... you could easily have seen which lines were safe and which had standing water. Something that is hard to do at speed... but easy to do from the corner worker side. From the turn three corner podium... you could see 1-4 and which lines were safe. You could spot who was going to slide by where they tried to pass. It wasn't fun knowing that people were going to go down. Glad none of you got hurt.

scott_araujo

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 07:28:51 AM »

The kid was in great spirits after yarding such a nice bike, surprisingly, but I guess what else could he do.  Smiley

Escaping death can do that. 

Just looking at the pics I can't imagine how insane it must have looked to see that bike flipping through the air as he cartwheeled right in front of it.  I'm really glad he's OK.  As to insurance, sometimes they pay and sometimes not.  It often depends on whether you were racing or not, street or track.  A race is a race and a track day is not, though I'm sure the final decision is at their discretion.  I know a guy who wadded up his BMW M3 on a track day and the insurance paid out.  I hope his does too.

Scott
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: