Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 01:11:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Years Day Ride  (Read 3886 times)
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« on: December 26, 2008, 03:05:25 PM »

Gang,

While I will be suffering in Orlando on New Years Day (a big family reunion, so there will probably be a slight amount of actual suffering), Pete Pino has suggested a January 1st ride, something with Elephant in the name...I didn't catch why.

Pete has limited computer access right now, so I told him I'd post it up.  Meet at Montague's regular time (9am)?  Rumor has it the weather might cooperate.
Smokescreen

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »

so is this newyears day ride thing going on? Just moved out from LA (originally from here) and I'd like a chance to meet some other riders in the area! And the phantom cyn thread seems dead of late. Btw if you see a red and white S2R1K with gratuitously loud arrows on (mayhap it's time I put the silencers in??) that's prolly me. I've not been able to stay off her despite the dirt and snow but I suspect the day is fast approaching that Blue will need packing into the garage for winter. Sad

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »

Welcome Smokescreen!    not sure what Pete has in mind for a ride, I'm in Canon City so it takes me a while to get there but I try to ride as often as possible without freezing to death!!   There are actually a number of SoCo DOGS in the group,although We have'nt  heard much of them lately, hibernation maybe??  will keep optimistic about a group ride soon. Anyone with any ideas about a New Years day ride hollar, will be in touch....

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 12:21:58 PM »

I'll be there.  If the weather is crappy I may be in my truck, but I will make an appearance one way or another.  I can't think of a better way to start the New Year than with some fellow riders Ducatisti style.   Cheesy

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smokescreen

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »

So if the weather isn't working with us on new years, can we at least hit up PCBrew or Il Vacino's? Lemme know!

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

KRJ

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »

I'm all for Ducati club meetings anytime, whether riding or not. Shannon and I will be in for sure,( unless the world falls apart or something...)  Let's show some SoCoDOGS kickoff to a new riding year!!  You all can't be vacationing in Hawaii...well maybe.  Anyway some of Us will be there, so whatever happened to Brew,??  Roll Eyes

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
KRJ

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 07:15:59 AM »

Soooo, Is there an Official riding plan for tomorrow, I got an Email at the house but haven't read it all yet. We should post a plan to inform anyone not on The List. I thoiught I read about joining the BMW group??.   And just what is an" Elephant Ride", other than the first thing that comes to mind Roll Eyes

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 08:06:01 AM »

Apparently I am not on The List so please do post up the meeting place and time.  Cool!   [moto]

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
mytduk
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 11:32:42 AM »

I am sorry I brought this up with not much info but I went riding on Christmas day and rode up to Woodland Park and while it was 51 degrees with the wind blowing it was not bad. The idea came to me about having a New Year's Day Elephant ride. No, not the classic going up the Alps or going up Mount Evans but something like going up to Woodland Park and just getting a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. I got Larry Dotson's note about going up to Castle Rock this morning. I could do that too. I would just like to have a nice ride on New Year's Day.  Going to Woodland Park would not be too bad and I think the weather is supposed to be pretty decent. If anyone is interested you can send me a note at peter.pino@lmco.com or call me this evening on the cell phone at 719-271-0647. I wish I could have had access to a computer but I was visiting my Fiance in Portland, Oregon and she does not have internet at home either. I also apologized for putting this idea out there last week and not providing more info. It was just one of those things I thought of while riding back from WP on Christmas day.

Pete

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »

I am game for Woodland Park and/or Castle Rock.  I haven't seen the email yet so am leaving my options open.  Post up where and when to meet.  I am there.  waytogo

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smokescreen

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 01:52:48 PM »

I'm diggin on the woodland park idea! Maybe hit up the donut mill? It's been years since I've been there! Put me on this email so I know where you are meeting.
A

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »

I called Pete before heading out for New Year's activities this evening.  I had a voicemail back from him saying he is leaning now toward doing the Castle Rock route with Larry's group.  He said they were meeting at 10 or 10:30 at the Starbucks in the Shops at Briargate or some such venue.  I haven't been up there yet since I got back to the Springs.  If you hear the drone of a circling Duc, I am probably hopelessly lost in the surrounding area so send someone out to guide me in.   laughingdp

If there are any changes to the plan, please post up or call me by 9:30.  I am still up for Woodland Park, if anyone would rather do that route.  My number is 719-471-3403.   waytogo

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 03:36:52 PM »

What a perfect way to start the New Year!!!

Met Larry and Pete at Starbucks and headed up Hwy 83 to Castle Rock.  Three beautiful RED Ducatis.

The parking lot on both sides was full of BMW's, some Triumphs, and even a GXR or two.  I think ours were the only Ducs there.

After some great conversation aand a bite to eat, we headed back down the road.

Happy New Year to all of you SoCO DOGs!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:39:23 PM by bonfy » Logged

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »

Looks like a good time, sorry I couldn't make it, got jammed up at the last moment, and I wasn't even hung over! chug  I did get to ride this afternoon, there was some big Harley run downtown, paraded the DUC around to tease thema a bit, then wen't out North. Catch you later..

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »

We missed you, KRJ and Smokescreen!  I thought I might have seen KRJ on I-25 by Garden of the Gods heading south around 10:15.  There were two red bikes, and one of the riders had a jacket similar to KRJ's.  Guess not!

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: