Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:39:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355542 times)
teddy037.3
« Reply #1275 on: May 24, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »

even the article mentions how ducati pulled out of WSBK... that was well before any VAG speculation
teddy037.3
« Reply #1276 on: May 24, 2012, 07:54:41 AM »

Thanks guys but this would be in the 11:30 to 12:30 range on Sat only. If no one can then no one can and no worries.

if I'm not working I could prolly lend a hand
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1277 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »

if I'm not working I could prolly lend a hand

That would be cool. If you have to work I understand.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #1278 on: May 24, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »

Thanks guys but this would be in the 11:30 to 12:30 range on Sat only. If no one can then no one can and no worries.

Sorry Rick, I won't be back on the island until later that night.  If your schedule changes, I'm any time on Sunday.  From the looks of it, I won't be riding until I'm able to replace my front tire on Mon/Tues.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1279 on: May 24, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

Sorry Rick, I won't be back on the island until later that night.  If your schedule changes, I'm any time on Sunday.  From the looks of it, I won't be riding until I'm able to replace my front tire on Mon/Tues.

Thanks.  We'll see how things go on Sat.  What's with the front tire? On either bike?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #1280 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:38 PM »

I think I ran over broken glass during my last run through Tant w/ Gene & Jing.  The front tire on the BMW was flat the following morning w/ ~800 miles on it!  I purchased a set of Q2's for $219 while at Thunderbolt...since I was quoted $270 at South Seas for the front OEM Metzler tire!   

I'm sorry I just realized I never told you...I sold my 1198 prior to my trip to the Philippines...otherwise, you would have the cans I promised you.  Which reminds me to update my profile.   

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1281 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »

I think I ran over broken glass during my last run through Tant w/ Gene & Jing.  The front tire on the BMW was flat the following morning w/ ~800 miles on it!  I purchased a set of Q2's for $219 while at Thunderbolt...since I was quoted $270 at South Seas for the front OEM Metzler tire!   

I'm sorry I just realized I never told you...I sold my 1198 prior to my trip to the Philippines...otherwise, you would have the cans I promised you.  Which reminds me to update my profile.   

No worries.   Dolph

teddy037.3
« Reply #1282 on: May 25, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »

bah, sorry mac...

I wonder which of todays five jobs is the one I get to deal with first tomorrow  Roll Eyes

baby threat level is well into yellow. I must seek out a pint or two  drink
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1283 on: May 25, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »

baby threat level is well into yellow. I must seek out a pint or two  drink

Already found my pints!  drink

No worries.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1284 on: May 31, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »

One fast Duc... Shocked

http://now.msn.com/now/0531-ny-biker-speed.aspx

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1285 on: May 31, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »

Well.......... none of the articles, so far, mention what type of motorcycle he was on.  The picture shown is just a press file pic and most likely is not our man.  Plus, no 748 would hit that speed unless maybe you dropped it out of a plane.  You'd have to have a pretty specially set up bike to get that speed. Not even the Panigale or the new S1000RR will reach that number running stock.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1286 on: May 31, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »

Well.......... none of the articles, so far, mention what type of motorcycle he was on.  The picture shown is just a press file pic and most likely is not our man.  Plus, no 748 would hit that speed unless maybe you dropped it out of a plane.  You'd have to have a pretty specially set up bike to get that speed. Not even the Panigale or the new S1000RR will reach that number running stock.

Yeah, I figured maybe he found himself an old 990 MotoGP bike laying around and was out for a test ride...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1287 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:36 AM »

Most likely either a 1098R, DD16 or the press lying.   Cool

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #1288 on: June 01, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »

it's gotta be a 'busa...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1289 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »

Most likely either a 1098R, DD16 or the press lying.   Cool

The press, or the cops, lying?  Y'thnk?   Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: