Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:29:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355335 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1470 on: November 11, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1471 on: November 11, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »

I like it!  ............  Especially the orange wheels and the 300 lbs dry.   But,  I like the 690 Duke a bit better.  Either one would do me fine on Tantalus!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:44:51 PM by derRoteBaron » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1472 on: November 12, 2013, 01:57:30 PM »

HOORAY!!!

I'm invited to buy one of the first 899s in the country.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1473 on: November 12, 2013, 02:01:38 PM »

HOORAY!!!

I'm invited to buy one of the first 899s in the country.

Lucky you... Kiss

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1474 on: November 12, 2013, 02:08:39 PM »

I laughed, as there's no chance in hell that I'd buy one. 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1475 on: November 12, 2013, 10:12:40 PM »

I laughed, as there's no chance in hell that I'd buy one. 

They do have metal tanks don't they?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1476 on: November 13, 2013, 02:30:09 AM »

Yes, but that's the only good aspect about it in my eyes. 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1477 on: November 13, 2013, 08:53:03 AM »

Yes, but that's the only good aspect about it in my eyes. 

Really?  What's got you in a snit about it?  It's a bit pricey I'll grant you but if they have the formerly oversprung suspension worked out it's be all right IMO. I can even live with the dual sided swing arm but I would really like to see one in person before rendering a final judgement.  All that said I'm still leaning towards the big SF or a KTM if I do anything else.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1478 on: November 13, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »

Really?  What's got you in a snit about it? 

Price is one aspect, but the biggest kill joy in my eyes is the fact that it's heavier than the 1199.  The 848/1?98 equation wasn't quite as cut and dry seeing how the smaller model weighed less, but now?  I just don't see the point in buying a bike with less power AND more weight to fight. 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1479 on: November 14, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »

Price is one aspect, but the biggest kill joy in my eyes is the fact that it's heavier than the 1199.  The 848/1?98 equation wasn't quite as cut and dry seeing how the smaller model weighed less, but now?  I just don't see the point in buying a bike with less power AND more weight to fight.  

Steady now.  I've done a bunch of homework.  Yes, the 899 is slightly heavier than the 1199.  Only slightly and that would be due to the double swing arm and the fact that there is more engine metal because the cooling jackets haven't been cut back to allow for the larger bore size.  Same thing happened with the 848. The engine was slightly heavier than the 1098 and the 1198 engines because metal weighs more than air.   Grin

Now I can go into detail but the wine makes me want to go to sleep.  Point being that, while I may not want to go out and get one, the 899 is no slouch.  Want a heavy, under powered sled that still doesn't handle? Then go for a 748.  Oh, it looks good but all that it's good for is showing up at Starbucks.   laughingdp  The 996 isn't much better either.

More later.........
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:14:36 AM by derRoteBaron » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1480 on: November 15, 2013, 09:15:46 AM »

That SMC-R is growing on me..........

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1481 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »

Don't forget, 1199 tank is alloy where the 899 tank is steel.  That's going to be a fair amount of difference right there, and just about as high as you can get in relation to the COG.  Basically ruins the concept of mass centralization. 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1482 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »

Don't forget, 1199 tank is alloy where the 899 tank is steel.  That's going to be a fair amount of difference right there, and just about as high as you can get in relation to the COG.  Basically ruins the concept of mass centralization. 

Give me a F'n break.    Grin     That's so weak..........

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1483 on: November 16, 2013, 03:01:34 AM »

Give me a F'n break. 

Nope

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1484 on: November 16, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »

Nope

No quarter given, none taken ..................................................... popcorn

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: