Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 02:46:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355512 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1530 on: April 11, 2014, 07:17:41 AM »

Any idea's on other source's?

Try other dealers?...I hear good things about Ducati of Seattle and Ducati of Omaha...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #1531 on: April 11, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »

Try other dealers?...I hear good things about Ducati of Seattle and Ducati of Omaha...

Ducati Omaha has all of the parts breakdowns available online.  Commonwealth Motorcycles and Pro Italia have also been good to me for parts.  Gotham Cycles is a good source for used parts.  It may not be listed on their website so he has to call or email.

All he has to do is find the part numbers needed and then just start shopping them online.  More than likely immediately available somewhere.

T

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1532 on: April 11, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »

Ducati Omaha has all of the parts breakdowns available online.  Commonwealth Motorcycles and Pro Italia have also been good to me for parts.  Gotham Cycles is a good source for used parts.  It may not be listed on their website so he has to call or email.

All he has to do is find the part numbers needed and then just start shopping them online.  More than likely immediately available somewhere.

T

These are good suggestions.  waytogo  This is not the kind of part that fails often and would not usually show up as an "in stock on the shelf" item.  Like T said though, find and verify the part number and where else it shows up. ( I bet it is the same part over lots of engines ). Used or part outs may be a very good option. Of course there is still the basic question of why did it fail in the first place?

Frederick, as I recall ( old man mind here ) that sprague bolts into the back of the flywheel so it was still going strong on your old Monster that had 30,000+ miles on it. ( which begs the question what caused the failure ).   If it's the same part I might still have it.............. someplace .............. Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1533 on: April 11, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »

$800-$1000 quoted by dealer....2 week wait for part    Undecided

You wonder about owning one of them there Dew-cat-tees if you don't do you own work... Wink

Thermite

« Reply #1534 on: April 11, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »

You wonder about owning one of them there Dew-cat-tees if you don't do you own work... Wink

And even ifyou still sometimes must wonder...

I feel the same as DRB,  that should about be a "lifetime" part.  When I posted
Gotham Cycles I was thinking I'd have no fear of installing a used part at a reduced cost.

T

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.

« Reply #1535 on: April 11, 2014, 09:03:53 PM »

Yes sir
 Evil Roll Eyes Grin

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Thermite

« Reply #1536 on: April 12, 2014, 09:34:28 AM »

Curiosity got me.

http://www.gothamcycles.com/Engine/Ducati-Sprag-Clutch-Ring-3-Phase-Small-Type.html

$60 out of Gotham Cycles.

$90 form Ducati Omaha BNIB.  I couldn't check availability though.

It's amazing how many things I find more enjoyable than laundry.

T

« Reply #1537 on: April 12, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »

Thermite,
I will forward to my buddy, THANKS!!

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1538 on: April 27, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

Headed home this morning... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1539 on: May 03, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »

Heading into town to work but there is a huge cluster f*ck accident on the Pali somewhere. Pali backed up down to Kailua High School a half hour ago & backed up Kalanianaole to the Fire Station.   Sad  I'll see how it goes.  There were lots of bikes pulled over to the side of the road when we were coming home from breakfast.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1540 on: May 31, 2014, 08:53:30 PM »

According to a six bike shootout in the latest Motorcyclist magazine, my new ride is long of tooth and overweight, which led to a 5th place finish...kinda like it's owner, except for the overweight part that is... Grin

I guess the lack of technological sophistication didn't help either when compared to the other bikes...fits me and my flip phone just fine though... Wink

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1541 on: May 31, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »

According to a six bike shootout in the latest Motorcyclist magazine, my new ride is long of tooth and overweight, which led to a 5th place finish...kinda like it's owner, except for the overweight part that is... Grin

I guess the lack of technological sophistication didn't help either when compared to the other bikes...fits me and my flip phone just fine though... Wink

I read that article tonight & thought by all standards and the "gauge" setting displays that it should have come in fourth, ahead of the Ducati Monster.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1542 on: May 31, 2014, 11:23:31 PM »

I read that article tonight & thought by all standards and the "gauge" setting displays that it should have come in fourth, ahead of the Ducati Monster.

Was thinkin' the same thing...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1543 on: June 07, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »

Just finished talking with Mike, the guy that bought my SF, the bike quit on him at 1:00am last night on H3.  He said it started acting like it was running on one cylinder then quit altogether and wouldn't restart...he checked the fuses and said they looked good, but one of the relays was clicking when he thumbed the starter button.  I reminded him he still has warranty on it until the 23rd, so he'll get it down to SSD and let them work it out.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 01:53:55 PM by Speed 3R Pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1544 on: June 07, 2014, 09:11:40 PM »

Just finished talking with Mike, the guy that bought my SF, the bike quit on him at 1:00am last night on H3.  He said it started acting like it was running on one cylinder then quit altogether and wouldn't restart...he checked the fuses and said they looked good, but one of the relays was clicking when he thumbed the starter button.  I reminded him he still has warranty on it until the 23rd, so he'll get it down to SSD and let them work it out.

Dodged that bullet didn't you.   Grin

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: