Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:31:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355401 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1710 on: September 30, 2015, 08:26:04 AM »

Steroid injections to the vicinity of L1, L2, & L4 this morning...hopefully this will help with the lower back discomfort that I have been experiencing for awhile now...

Hope so too!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1711 on: September 30, 2015, 12:05:37 PM »

Hope so too!

Feelin' better already and it's supposed to take 3-5 days to kick in with max relief at 10-12 days, so things are looking up...fingers crossed... Grin
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:09:50 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1712 on: September 30, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »

so things are looking up

Glad to hear it.  Back issues can be a real drag.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1713 on: October 04, 2015, 07:39:44 PM »

Sure made the right call by not going out riding today. Windward side has been under water off & on all day and under water for the last three hours and still going. 

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1714 on: October 04, 2015, 11:27:38 PM »

Sure made the right call by not going out riding today. Windward side has been under water off & on all day and under water for the last three hours and still going. 

Crazy!...nary a drop over here...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1715 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:45 AM »

Crazy!...nary a drop over here...

I know!  I had to go over the Pali into town twice yesterday.  Sad

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1716 on: October 29, 2015, 03:34:45 PM »

An opinion of the 1290SDR from another forum...

There are many like myself that cannot stand the way the bike runs. I rode the bike in several different variations of levels on both traction and wheelie control, rode with one or the other off, then with both off. With both of them off it felt better but compared to all the bikes I've ridden (R1, R6, ZX10R, 848, SF848, SF1098, 899 Pani, 1299S Pani, S1000RR, 675R, maybe more??) this bike was garbage. Does it have power? Hell yeah. Usable to me? Not really. Nothing about the bike was comfortable and it wanted to tell me how to ride the bike not the other way around. If I wanted to just pull up wheelies all day and see what happens then absolutely this is the bike for you. I have never been so disappointed in riding a bike. Even after riding a powerful cruiser at least gives me a smile when I get off even though i don't like the looks of it.

I know it's just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. At least I'm not talking shit on a bike I didn't ride or give a chance(and I had bikes to compare it to). I was actually thinking that the KTM was going to blow me away but it was exactly the opposite. Can't see how they are justifying a near $18K price tag for it.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1717 on: November 10, 2015, 10:00:55 PM »

Been thinking about the new for '16 Tuono as of late, looks to be an entertaining motorbike...unfortunately a new roof and a paint job for the house will relegate me to just thinking about it...Cry

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1718 on: November 11, 2015, 03:27:51 AM »

Been thinking about the new for '16 Tuono as of late, looks to be an entertaining motorbike...unfortunately a new roof and a paint job for the house will relegate me to just thinking about it...Cry

Burn down the house and use the insurance money for the new bike?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1719 on: November 11, 2015, 07:11:54 AM »

Burn down the house and use the insurance money for the new bike?

A man with his priorities in order... laughingdp

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1720 on: November 11, 2015, 09:03:03 AM »

As of last Saturday CC still doesn't have ( or isn't showing ) any 2016's.  They still have that sweet deal of a 2014 RSVR4 Factory though.....   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1721 on: November 21, 2015, 08:51:24 PM »

They called and said a Factory Tuono is due soon.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1722 on: November 21, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »

Bonding with the 325i this weekend.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1723 on: November 21, 2015, 11:13:39 PM »

Cool!...hopefully I'll be bonding with a new roof before Thanksgiving... Grin

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1724 on: November 22, 2015, 06:02:21 AM »

How's it turning out so far?

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: