Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 02:31:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 357806 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1755 on: February 22, 2016, 08:34:56 AM »

No more sounding like a pussy cat.  Evil

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1756 on: February 22, 2016, 08:41:21 PM »

No more sounding like a pussy cat.  Evil

waytogo

Baffle in or out, and how does it sound?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1757 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:32 PM »

Either way. One is as loud as all hell and the other is louder.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1758 on: February 22, 2016, 10:29:05 PM »

One is as loud as all hell and the other is louder.

Cheesy

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1759 on: February 23, 2016, 07:21:21 AM »

Either way. One is as loud as all hell and the other is louder.

Oh my!... Roll Eyes

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1760 on: February 23, 2016, 08:20:58 AM »

Plus it has a very crisp, very responsive throttle bark. I mean instant and it doesn't even have the Akro remap yet.  Evil Evil

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1761 on: February 23, 2016, 03:11:25 PM »

Mine always felt as if it had a SUPER LIGHT flywheel from the factory.  They wind up FAST!

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1762 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:09 PM »

Mine always felt as if it had a SUPER LIGHT flywheel from the factory.  They wind up FAST!

^ This.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1763 on: February 27, 2016, 08:03:24 PM »

Remap done.   waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo   OK, maybe not as loud as I previously stated but still loud. I stuck the baffle in & still terrorized Tantalus.  Dolph
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:05:19 AM by MadDuck » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1764 on: February 27, 2016, 08:13:35 PM »

And?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1765 on: February 28, 2016, 01:00:49 AM »

And what? ? ?    Grin    There's a real good chance I may pull the baffle back out.  The throttling is way better after the remap and actually makes it a bit easier to ride even though the throttle is much more sensitive. I know that seems like an oxymoron but it's tricky to explain. I also cranked in one more notch of rebound stiffness on the front & the rear and that helped the suspension noticeably.  The little shake and roll when hitting bumps in high speed corners may be gone and that may have helped some of the tight low speed hairpins too.  It might also be due to the fact the I'm learning more / adapting quicker to the changes too.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1766 on: February 28, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »

Remap done.   waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo   OK, maybe not as loud as I previously stated but still loud. I stuck the baffle & still terrorized Tantalus.  Dolph

KTM = King of Tantalus Mountain?... Evil

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1767 on: February 28, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »

Fail.  Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1768 on: February 28, 2016, 08:46:27 PM »

When I say "terrorize" I just mean that I'm a noise nuisance up there.  I'm still working on getting sort of fast with the bike but the road keeps getting worse and there has been lots & lots of traffic up there lately.

Since there is only a 2dB difference with the baffle in or out and no difference in the noise level at high rpms I will likely take the baffle out the next time the opportunity comes along.   Dolph
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:48:47 PM by MadDuck » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1769 on: March 03, 2016, 02:27:14 PM »

I'm still working on getting sort of fast with the bike but the road keeps getting worse[Dolph]

Took a ride up Tantalus this morning, not fun at all with the road surface as bad as it is.  Looks like the pot hole patrol was up there very recently as evidenced by the gravely loose packed patches all over the place...these, with unrepaired deteriorating portions of the road and the lumpy, poorly repaved sections make it a big time obstacle course... Angry boo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:55:01 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: