Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:27:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355348 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1875 on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:34 PM »

Sure he did...he just ignored it. Grin

He's just curious about the world of Supermotos too.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1876 on: October 13, 2018, 11:19:33 AM »

For the near foreseeable future it looks like anything moto related will be limited to watching videos.  L5-S1 vertebra has a collapsed disc. Degenerative disc disease. Most pain that I've ever been in my entire life and have been reduced to hobbling about with a cane.  Hopefully MRI soon and surgery shortly after. I now have a handicap hanger for my car mirror. Unbelieveable.  boo  boo  boo  boo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1877 on: October 13, 2018, 01:48:28 PM »

Yikes!! Sorry to hear that Rick.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1878 on: October 13, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »

Now, since at times I may appear to be somewhat normal but usually have some odd twist going on, there is more to the story but not what doctors really want to deal with.  That funky disc problem has been there for some time, possibly years.  It gets a bit complicated ( for me that's normal ) in that I think I may have had a mild case of shingles going on and since that virus likes to hang out in the nervous system around the temporal region in the skull and in nerve openings in the sacroiliac that may have inflamed which is setting all this off.  Especially since I had the first stage shingles vaccine last Sunday and within hours what was some mild discomfort in the sciatica turned into a raging disability.  So the collapsed disc is definitely there and has to be dealt with but there is this other thing too. Whatever, I just want to be able to walk again and, by extension, be able to get back on a bike. Shit...............

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1879 on: October 13, 2018, 04:13:59 PM »

Yikes!! Sorry to hear that Rick.

Thanks Ben.  waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1880 on: October 15, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »

Damn Rick, that's truly a bummer!... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1881 on: October 17, 2018, 07:30:19 AM »

Today is an especially bad day for moving around.  MRI this afternoon.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1882 on: October 21, 2018, 02:06:46 PM »

MRI definitely showing bad disc in L5-S1 along with a synovial cyst applying pressure against the spinal cord.  Getting the meeting on Tues afternoon where we discuss surgery.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1883 on: October 21, 2018, 10:55:10 PM »

MRI definitely showing bad disc in L5-S1 along with a synovial cyst applying pressure against the spinal cord.  Getting the meeting on Tues afternoon where we discuss surgery.
Hope they get that fixed...related to your previous neck problem?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1884 on: October 22, 2018, 06:34:06 AM »

Hope they get that fixed...related to your previous neck problem?

The fix is on the horizon. Not related to the previous stuff. Gettin' old ain't for wimps..........

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1885 on: October 22, 2018, 09:34:55 AM »

Gettin' old ain't for wimps..........

You got that right.  I have either a partially torn rotator cuff, partially torn bicep tendon, or combination of the two...been rehabbing it since mid September with minimal results, MRI scheduled for the 30th...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1886 on: October 24, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »

Surgery for me this coming Friday morning.  Then we see............................

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1887 on: October 24, 2018, 11:19:31 PM »

Surgery for me this coming Friday morning.  Then we see............................

Hoping for a positive outcome...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1888 on: October 25, 2018, 12:38:59 AM »

Fingers crossed Rick. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1889 on: October 26, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »

Surgery went well and already showing good results but by no means out of the woods.  Working on that recovery part................

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: