Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:30:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355550 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »

bitter, are we?

still waitin' on a callback to install my vert barrel, and you don't see me wearing pregnant dogpants  Kiss

hell, still waitin' on the warranty callback for my bubbly paint LOL

That reminds me of an old saying. "You can shit in one hand and wish in the other hand. Wait and see which hand fills up first."  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2009, 10:50:56 PM »

that was also a green day lyric.

I am rather fond of that one
DRKWNG
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2009, 06:25:56 PM »

Damn, sure has been quiet around here...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2009, 08:40:40 AM »

Well sir, Howdy. I reckon that you're in the far outback by now.

Didn't do any motorbike riding last week but I did put miles on the Pegoretti.

Your front wheel got padded & boxed up & I emailed Ed on Monday morn to give him the dimensions & weight.  I haven't heard back from him yet and will give him a phone call this morining sometime to see what's up. Are you sure you don't want to keep it and just make up an axle to fit?

LISTEN UP FOLKS!

There is a Ducati ride this Saturday going out of the South Seas dealer. The guy posts up in Craigslist. Meet up at 11:30 and ride out at 12:30, or at least that's what I remember.

I still haven't fixed the Monster turn signal bracket so I don't know if I'll take it or not. I have new cam belts for it so next week or so I'll do a valve adjustment, belt change, plugs etc. Maybe I'll try to snag my friends Hyper to see if I have changed my opinion of that bike. I sure like the engine but the riding position sets me off.  Monster 1100S??? Well.......

Speaking of Hypers ..... that black Hyper 1100S that was crashed earlier this year is back on Craigslist with the original owner chiming in to verify that the damage wasn't that bad and was mostly cosmetic. He, on the other hand, had a terrible time with two broken legs and an embolism that sent him into a coma. All from a 25 to 30 mile an hour crash after hitting a pothole & gravel on the Kolekole road. You never know......

I tweeked the map for the Gixxer --- seems to run just fine but I still want to go down and run it on the dyno again. Not looking for anymore power but just trying to even out the 13:1 mixture ratio a bit more. The new exhaust & PC3 didn't add any more power if the numbers are compared to the Sport Rider mag test results on a stock bike. No surprise there but I bet a lot of squids would argue with that claim.

Speaking of squids ---- I showed up at the Thursday night ride --- hmmmm ----- didn't go out with them as it got to past 9pm and they still hadn't pulled out of the parking lot. I get up at 4am so I went home. Night, night.

How's that???   coffee coffee

Stay safe Ben

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2009, 10:16:54 AM »

Now that's one hell of a write up!! 

And no, I am actually still in DC.  My trip out got pushed back a few weeks, so according to the latest plan, I will be here until the 16th.  Yea for me!  Wink
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2009, 03:37:07 PM »

go per diem!

I am still in utah.  yes, i also get per diem, but it is very very small.  boo.

i like snow.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »

$3 per day?
DRKWNG
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »

Your front wheel got padded & boxed up & I emailed Ed on Monday morn to give him the dimensions & weight.  I haven't heard back from him yet and will give him a phone call this morining sometime to see what's up. Are you sure you don't want to keep it and just make up an axle to fit?

Hey Rick, did you ever hear back from Ed?  I got an email from him last week (or maybe it was early this week) saying that he still had not heard back from BST regarding when they would receive the 916 front wheel.  I'm really not worried about the timing of it, simply because it's not like I would be able to ride the thing even if the wheel came in next week.  Wink  Getting a new axle fabbed up would be a possible solution, but then I would still need to get some material machined off the calipers that I bought for the bike.  The 916 wheel will not require the work done on the brakes and should (I stress should) utilize the existing axle as well.

On another note, I spoke to the guys at South Seas regarding my tank.  According to them, Ducati agreed to replace it under warranty, but who knows how long it will take for it to get in.  I asked them to give you a call when it does show up.  The bike is set up on the battery tender, so it should be charged up and ready to go down there once they do call you. 

Thanks for taking care of all this for me.  I will do my best to smuggle you taliban souvenir on my return trip.  Or maybe you would rather have an Agency coffee cup?  Wink
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #293 on: February 08, 2009, 04:11:11 PM »

I never did hear back from Ed. I called last Thursday? and they said he was out for the rest of the week so he could be home with sick kids. I'll see about getting in touch with him again tomorrow.

We had about 14 bikes in the Ducati run yesterday. Not bad. Decent fun too but I miss riding with our group.

DRKWNG
« Reply #294 on: February 08, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »

We had about 14 bikes in the Ducati run yesterday. Not bad. Decent fun too but I miss riding with our group.

Sounds like a good turn out.  Anything unusual show up?

The weather here in DC was fabulous today!  Saw quite a few Ducs riding around while I was walking around Alexandria; really made me want my bikes...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2009, 08:47:30 AM »

Let's see if I can remember this,,,,, 5 1098's (maybe 4), 2 848's (inc. Ann), Don was there on the 996R, at least one 748, maybe 2?, 1 black Sport Classis with the white stripe & the 2 into 1 Termi, 1 S2R 1000. 1 S2R800 (ridden by a girl, I forgot her name), and me on the 900. Ranilo was trying to make the ride but showed up on the back of a tow truck because the engine flamed out coming down H3 on his way to the dealer/ride.  Sad  He's got new low mount carbon Termi's with an upgraded ECU, I think. Some people were geared up and some weren't.

With the nice weather there are you going to get a chance to ride an 848 before you leave?

DRKWNG
« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2009, 10:13:44 AM »

With the nice weather there are you going to get a chance to ride an 848 before you leave?

As much as I would like to, none of the shops here have any gear they can loan out to use on a demo ride.  BOO THEM! 
DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #297 on: February 09, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »

Let's see if I can remember this,,,,, 5 1098's (maybe 4), 2 848's (inc. Ann), Don was there on the 996R, at least one 748, maybe 2?, 1 black Sport Classis with the white stripe & the 2 into 1 Termi, 1 S2R 1000. 1 S2R800 (ridden by a girl, I forgot her name), and me on the 900. Ranilo was trying to make the ride but showed up on the back of a tow truck because the engine flamed out coming down H3 on his way to the dealer/ride.  Sad  He's got new low mount carbon Termi's with an upgraded ECU, I think. Some people were geared up and some weren't.

Almost went to this one to make it +1 999, but at the last minute decided not to go in favor of Genki Sushi.

bacon <-- spicy ahi

DRKWNG
« Reply #298 on: February 09, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »

Genki Sushi?  You have chosen poorly my good sir...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #299 on: February 28, 2009, 12:38:12 PM »

Some rumors of hail
Kailua Kaneohe
Did you see this, Mac?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: