Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355307 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »

heard they did a trackday thing on MCBH, for active boys only, this past weekend.

and if we're lucky, they may supposedly consider opening it to DoD
DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2009, 11:46:43 PM »

California Superbike School came to Oahu?

WTF???

lame ass marines have all the fun.  Angry
Originally it was Marines only, but later opened up to all branches due to many open slots.
And it wasn't strictly military, as I know of at least one civvy that attended.  Grin

DRKWNG
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2009, 05:07:06 AM »

I take it no word on whether or not they intend on coming back?
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2009, 08:20:29 AM »

California Superbike School came to Oahu?

WTF???

lame ass marines have all the fun.  Angry

I bet the school was put on because the Marines are hoping to stem their rising fatality rate from motorcycling accidents. Hopefully some people learned more than they would at MSF. Not putting MSF down here but their course may not have the same impact on young impressionable brains as Code's school does.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »

Not putting MSF down here but their course may not have the same impact on young impressionable brains as Code's school does.

And why must you discriminate against middle aged  drink and  coffee addled minds?
teddy037.2
« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »

I bet the school was put on because the Marines are hoping to stem their rising fatality rate from motorcycling accidents. Hopefully some people learned more than they would at MSF. Not putting MSF down here but their course may not have the same impact on young impressionable brains as Code's school does.

it kind of ties in w/the new certs they have for riding.  you're required to take the ERC or "sportbike riders course" every three years, which pretty much coincides w/your tags. no class=no riding on post.

as rad as a track school down here is (and I am SO signing up if they offer to DoD), I can't help but think that now some of the riders will feel justified in riding aggressively after this.

"oh, it's fine. I know what I'm doing, now."

:edit:
of course... if they stay down here permanantly, and do this like once a month, then I'm selling the benz and buying a truck  Grin
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:11:18 PM by teddy037.2 » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #336 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:36 AM »

And why must you discriminate against middle aged  drink and  coffee addled minds?

Hey! The only middle aged addled minded one in this group is me! The rest of you just be smart assed youngin's.  laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »

as rad as a track school down here is (and I am SO signing up if they offer to DoD), I can't help but think that now some of the riders will feel justified in riding aggressively after this.

"oh, it's fine. I know what I'm doing, now."

I know exactly what you mean. "I'm good to go. I've been trained"

You might only help the ignorant ones. There's usually no hope for the dumb ones. You have to pick your time & place wisely.

It's ironic in a way that they would do the school on an airstrip. Better than no track at all but still.........
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 08:29:02 AM by mac900 » Logged

teddy037.2
« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »

I'm guessin' they had cones, autocross stylee  Grin

speakin' of which... I wonder if they'd let you into autocross on a motard?  Evil
DRKWNG
« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »

speakin' of which... I wonder if they'd let you into autocross on a motard?  Evil

I asked the local chapter of the SCCA this question when at one of the autocross events at the stadium.  They looked at me like I was from Mars.  No  bacon for them!!
teddy037.2
« Reply #340 on: April 11, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »

well, boo.
DRKWNG
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »

Hey Tristo, your buddy Burns says hello.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2009, 04:22:28 PM »

So i hear.  He said he was working with Sgt Upton.  I giggled at the silly professionalism.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #343 on: May 13, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »

I giggled.

Like a half-drunk underaged school girl?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2009, 11:52:28 PM »

Like a half-drunk underaged school girl?
HALF drunk?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: