Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:30:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355313 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »

cheap pregnant doges!!!!

Angry

I thought $200 was completely reasonable for a lid and gogs that was used twice... ever... the dang thing still SMELLS new, even!
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »

cheap pregnant doges!!!!

Angry

I thought $200 was completely reasonable for a lid and gogs that was used twice... ever... the dang thing still SMELLS new, even!
What did the aforementioned fatherless pennypinchers offer?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.2
« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2009, 08:54:38 PM »

What did the aforementioned fatherless pennypinchers offer?

ok, granted, I don't expect to get near new price... but brand new, the lid, gogs, and boots ran me almost 700. had them together for 300.

get an email: how much for just the helmet and gogs? so I tell him 200 (V3s go for 375 new, w/o gogs)

reply: I'm not looking to spend that much for gear. thanks, bro.

200 for what is essentially a brand new top-end lid, thermal goggles, plus the spare kit and bag is too much?   Huh?  how much did he think I was going to come down? why even ask?

at least I might be moving the forks, and hopefully I can squeeze in a trip to the PO in between works tomorrow to mail out my windscreen....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:56:47 PM by teddy037.2 » Logged
teddy037.2
« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »

sorry.

it's been a long week.

I'm tired and cranky.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2009, 09:30:39 PM »

Here's something to not cheer you up at all:

Tristo like muchly.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2009, 11:21:42 PM »

sorry.

it's been a long week.

I'm tired and cranky.

There, there.

It gets worse don't you know?

At least you're moving the forks and the windscreen. I get silly emails that don't go anywhere. And that's about the Monster and not even my personal life. Of course I guess that wanting to spend $200.00 for the lid & goggles seems silly too.

Then again I have been told that the complete stock exhaust system that I removed from the Suzuki is, essentially, completely worthless. The windscreen and the shop manual might be worth a pittance.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2009, 08:22:01 AM »

There, there.

It gets worse don't you know?

I'm sure it will...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2009, 08:35:34 AM »

Well, happy light good morning to you all too!

cheeky laughingdp Grin cheeky laughingdp Grin

teddy037.2
« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »

yes, I suppose it is
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2009, 11:14:49 PM »

I am going to assume you all remember a story from last year about a guy who crashed his bike in the Hanauma bay area, woke up in the ocean and swam to another island?

I met him tonight.

His name is Jared.  The story I heard was mildly exaggerated; here is the real one. 

He was on his bike, a Shadow 1100.  He seemingly got hit by a gust of wind, highsided, and flew over the cliff to the ocean about 75 ft below.  He came to in the ocean with his helmet full of water trying to gasp for breath.  He managed to get the helmet off and started swimming.  The only thing he could see was either the Diamond Head or Makapu'u lighthouse, he knew there were some islands around, so he headed for them.  After what turned out to be like 4 hours, he ended up on rabbit island and fell asleep.  He was seen in the morning by some zoologists or something who thought he was a monk seal, and went to investigate.  They were, of course, appalled to find that he was not a seal and was still on this nature preserve, but decided to rescue him anyway.  Nice folk those scientists. 

Anyway, he was a groovy guy.  Former submariner.  Former Honda rider.  Vegetarian freak.  cheeky I was awestruck.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #355 on: May 20, 2009, 08:45:42 AM »

I am going to assume you all remember a story from last year about a guy who crashed his bike in the Hanauma bay area, woke up in the ocean and swam to another island?

I met him tonight.

His name is Jared.  The story I heard was mildly exaggerated; here is the real one. 

He was on his bike, a Shadow 1100.  He seemingly got hit by a gust of wind, highsided, and flew over the cliff to the ocean about 75 ft below.  He came to in the ocean with his helmet full of water trying to gasp for breath.  He managed to get the helmet off and started swimming.  The only thing he could see was either the Diamond Head or Makapu'u lighthouse, he knew there were some islands around, so he headed for them.  After what turned out to be like 4 hours, he ended up on rabbit island and fell asleep.  He was seen in the morning by some zoologists or something who thought he was a monk seal, and went to investigate.  They were, of course, appalled to find that he was not a seal and was still on this nature preserve, but decided to rescue him anyway.  Nice folk those scientists. 

Anyway, he was a groovy guy.  Former submariner.  Former Honda rider.  Vegetarian freak.  cheeky I was awestruck.

GTFOOH!

Is this April Fool's day?  Just exactly where did he go over the edge? I mean physically off the bike.

A good story, sure. But.................. it sure is getting deep around here.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #356 on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:52 AM »

do I remember?

shit, I can't remember what I ate for lunch a week ago!
DRKWNG
« Reply #357 on: May 20, 2009, 12:21:25 PM »

LOL I did hear about that guy/story from someone.  That is all.
teddy037.2
« Reply #358 on: May 20, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »

after having a brief discussion today concerning reverse engineering, and now having a look at pics from the dude who modded his stock rearsets on an M1100...

I have begun to notice some significant customization potential in that bike...

someone hold me, I'm scared.... Undecided
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #359 on: May 20, 2009, 07:29:30 PM »

after having a brief discussion today concerning reverse engineering, and now having a look at pics from the dude who modded his stock rearsets on an M1100...

I have begun to notice some significant customization potential in that bike...

someone hold me, I'm scared.... Undecided

Negative!  You are to be encouraged!  Fabricate and Conquer!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: