Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:10:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355521 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #510 on: December 03, 2009, 06:54:27 AM »

<waiting somewhat patiently for it to come>  Wink

Called and spoke to the robot on Gene's phone.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:03:47 AM by DRKWNG » Logged
DRKWNG
« Reply #511 on: December 03, 2009, 07:18:30 AM »

Gene, just sent you an email with a link to a google map to my house.  The house number is 1836 Madrona Place, and there is a black VW GTI (with roof rack) parked in front of the garage.  Let me know if you have any issues opening the file.  Thanks!!!
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #512 on: December 03, 2009, 04:32:49 PM »

I have lots to do today in order to get the bike weighed, safety and registered...

you have a progress report?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #513 on: December 03, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »

you have a progress report?

Yep. State of Hawaii SUCKS!
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #514 on: December 03, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »

Yep. State of Hawaii SUCKS!

That's because the State of Hawaii is anti-progress.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #515 on: December 04, 2009, 05:22:35 AM »

That's because the State of Hawaii is anti-progress.

Tell me about it.  So far they want the original (not a faxed copy that I have) MSO for the bike as well as it being weighed, even though the MSO has the weight listed and I am exempt from paying the local weight tax.  THEN, they want me to take the bike down to recon to verify that it is actually what the paperwork says it is.  I asked what the purpose of this visit was and the lady stated "so we can have the VIN on the bike verified against the VIN on the paperwork".  I told her that the bike was sitting right outside in the parking lot and we could go check it if she would like, to which she replied "I am about to go on break".  WTF is up with that?  I think from here on out, I will use that going on break line anytime someone asks me to do something for them.  Wonder how far that will get me...

And on a slightly different topic --  Did the brake pads for the VW come in yet Rick?  If so, think I might be able to swing the car down to you on Saturday so I can get them on? 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #516 on: December 04, 2009, 06:19:03 AM »

The brake pads are here so let's do it. I have to do some small stuff on the 240D and the SL anyway. Plus the usual light duty customer pick up and shop paperwork. If we're lucky we could still get an afternoon ride &  drink done.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #517 on: December 04, 2009, 07:40:53 AM »

so how does the Katoom run?

DRKWNG
« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »

so how does the Katoom run?

It makes a little noise.
DRKWNG
« Reply #519 on: December 04, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »

The brake pads are here so let's do it. I have to do some small stuff on the 240D and the SL anyway. Plus the usual light duty customer pick up and shop paperwork. If we're lucky we could still get an afternoon ride &  drink done.

Ok, let me know what time to be down there.  Are you going to need any help with the two mercs? 
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #520 on: December 04, 2009, 04:32:31 PM »

It makes a little noise.

laughingdp laughingdp

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #521 on: December 04, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »

Ok, let me know what time to be down there.  Are you going to need any help with the two mercs? 

Show up anytime from 11 on. The usual.

teddy037.2
« Reply #522 on: December 05, 2009, 06:55:53 PM »

so anyway, I had a thought.

buddy of mine (who, incidentally was the one who talked me into the duc) has this 01 R6 sitting at his parents place...

if/when I sell the girl, I was thinking his bike might make for a fun rebuild/hooligan project.

I know, I know... but he hasn't touched the thing in years, and when I was laying the spanish inquisition on him, he pretty much said "make an offer and it's yours." which was before I even thought to sell my bike.

tags are long since expo'd, so I could really just park it and take it apart... make it a long-term sort of thing, before even having to think about reg and insurance
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:57:46 PM by teddy037.2 » Logged
DRKWNG
« Reply #523 on: December 05, 2009, 09:19:12 PM »

^  Yea maybe so, but you know at the end of the day you will have done make the beast with two backs all with it.  Why bother?  Just keep, and ride, your Ducati.
teddy037.2
« Reply #524 on: December 06, 2009, 06:19:44 AM »

nevermind

forget I said anything.

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: