Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:21:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 358049 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2008, 08:37:13 AM »

Let's just say that luck was not on her side...  Sad

What's up with that?  I guess it's your turn to be cryptic now.  laughingdp  Is she OK?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »

You are living proof of that, my friend.
 Grin

lol  Tell me about it.  Wink
DRKWNG
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2008, 07:45:17 PM »

What's up with that?  I guess it's your turn to be cryptic now.  laughingdp  Is she OK?

Yea, she is fine.  But she did not really enjoy the class so much.  The bike was in gear the first time she went to start it, and she did not have the clutch lever pulled, so you can guess the reaction to that.  And things just seemed to go downhill from there.  She decided not to go to the second day of riding...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »

In the long run that might be just as well.  For those truly determined to ride such things wouldn't even be a blip on the screen.  There are those to whom it comes easily and natural.  Usually our kind of people.  There are those who have tried it, or haven't tried it, but in either case don't care for it.  I've no problem with those people either.  Then there are those who are uncomfortable with it and force themselves to do it with white knuckles, and they do it for the wrong reasons, of which there are plenty.  They are the dangerous ones.  You see them in almost every action sport.  As long as she let's you enjoy it then it's all good.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »

Yea, I really think she was mainly wanting to give it a go so we could have more time together...  I am still trying to convince her that we all need a little bit of "man time" alone.  Or in Teddy and Tristan's case, "bromance" time.  Wink
teddy037.2
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2008, 12:14:17 AM »

don't hate, sweetness  Kiss there's plenty of room for you
DRKWNG
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2008, 12:27:31 AM »

don't hate, sweetness  Kiss there's plenty of room for you

SWEET!!!  <breaking out my latex love sheep doll>
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2008, 08:54:52 AM »

New Zealand. Where men are men and the sheep have a worried look on their faces.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »

Because this is the "say anything" thread.

It's D-Day.

Pause and reflect for a moment.  The scale of that action. The dedication and the sacrifice. I'm not the huge flag waving conservative red neck but that moment in time always gets me.  When I was a kid that was a time that wasn't too far away.

DRKWNG
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »

D-Day is a very momentous anniversary.  I have been to Omaha beach a few times, and actually had my last promotion there two years ago today.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2008, 06:46:37 PM »

D-Day is a very momentous anniversary.  I have been to Omaha beach a few times, and actually had my last promotion there two years ago today.

Totally cool.  That will stick with you for the rest of your life. I had a friend of mine receive her Commander promotion on the deck of the U.S.S. Missouri.

DRKWNG
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2008, 06:54:04 PM »

Yea, I have been able to work things out and be at the right place at the right time for a few significant events in my military career.  I "committed" myself to another bout of service on the 19th of December, 2006.  Did the ceremony at the WWII memorial in Bastogne.  The city there got me in touch with a few of the surviving members of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment (Think Band of Brothers) to see if I could be a part of the reenactment of them setting marching through the Ardenne.  They actually arrived in Bastogne on the 16th, but the 19th marked the first of several German attacks on the city. 
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2008, 10:13:56 PM »

OK.  I finally found myself semi-prepared when I ran into that red 695 (I think) at the tunnel (aka where I used to work).  It's a pretty bike: Red on red, carbon Termis, carbon side covers, CRGs (or something like them).  And clean.   That one threw me a little.

Anyway, I left a note.  That was Monday.  We'll see if anything comes of it.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2008, 10:20:55 PM »

SWEET!!   More donuts! 
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2008, 12:00:30 PM »

Testing clock settings.  Pay little mind.   coffee

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 133   Go Up
  Print