Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:40:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355475 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1005 on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:42 PM »

Then it's master cylinders then.  Wink

So when should I start looking?  I don't check the box all that frequently, but I guess it's time to change that.

Yep. RCSx2. Check mail middle of next week I reckon. Should go out Friday sometime.

On a separate note, the guy that called up Sunday night about the 848 texted me today and wants to look at it this weekend. He actually wanted to look at it today but with my work schedule I told him Saturday if the weather is nice enough to ride into town.

Now I am super conflicted, but nothing is really happening yet except a show of interest so we'll see......... however, the price is definitely firm at this point considering the recent add ons.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1006 on: January 27, 2011, 04:59:28 AM »

I don't know man, I'd hate to see you let that bike go.  I can fully relate to the issues you're having with it, but DAMN that thing turned into such a well rounded package with the stuff you threw on it.  More than anything though, I am looking forward to hearing your reaction to the first time you give that right lever a good solid squeeze.   Evil
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1007 on: January 27, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »

I don't know man, I'd hate to see you let that bike go.  I can fully relate to the issues you're having with it, but DAMN that thing turned into such a well rounded package with the stuff you threw on it.  More than anything though, I am looking forward to hearing your reaction to the first time you give that right lever a good solid squeeze.   Evil

Hey!  I know about that right lever.  Remember who first had a racing radial on his bike over here.  Grin  But seriously I expect it to be friggen awesome. I'll post with pics at some point.

I am 99% sure that I am keeping it. The prospective buyer would have to freak out and throw big money at me to sell it now.  Roll Eyes

The one ride home last Sat. wasn't enough of a good test on the damper but you could tell a difference, and a good difference at that. Every time I ride it I'm impressed. When it's all done I'll swap with Brandon and see what he says.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1008 on: January 27, 2011, 08:36:02 AM »

Yea, you had the radial on the monster, but not paired with the calipers you have now.  I know I can easily get the rear tire up with the set up that I have, and your calipers will just make it that much easier.  You'll see.   Evil
DRKWNG
« Reply #1009 on: January 27, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »

Holy shit!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12283833

Taken from the dog thread in NMC
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1010 on: January 27, 2011, 10:05:58 PM »

Yea, you had the radial on the monster, but not paired with the calipers you have now.  I know I can easily get the rear tire up with the set up that I have, and your calipers will just make it that much easier.  You'll see.   Evil

I know.  I know.  Why do you think I did it?  Well, besides the fact that they look cool too.  Just chillin' here. Got lots to keep me busy.  In fact the main project Sat will be to get Frederick's Monster back together & running.

PM sent.

zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #1011 on: February 02, 2011, 03:06:29 AM »

Sooo.....don't take infant children to Ross. My wife emailed me to tell me that a rogue child approached my son in his stroller, looked at him for a second, then proceeded to punch him in the face. That's right, you didn't misread that. Right in the face. The the little brat reared back to do it again, and wifey caught her arm. She took the child back to her mother and explained what her kid had done. The assaulting child's mother told my wife that she was a child abuser because she "grabbed her daughter's arm too hard". Then she got threatened with getting slapped and called a pregnant dog. WOW. I can't wait to get off this goddam island.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1012 on: February 02, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »

Sooo.....don't take infant children to Ross. My wife emailed me to tell me that a rogue child approached my son in his stroller, looked at him for a second, then proceeded to punch him in the face. That's right, you didn't misread that. Right in the face. The the little brat reared back to do it again, and wifey caught her arm. She took the child back to her mother and explained what her kid had done. The assaulting child's mother told my wife that she was a child abuser because she "grabbed her daughter's arm too hard". Then she got threatened with getting slapped and called a pregnant dog. WOW. I can't wait to get off this goddam island.

I can completely understand wanting to leave the islands for lots of reasons.  What happened with your wife could have happened anywhere though.  PC is everywhere and we are not better off with it no matter what. If I had ever done that when I was a kid, or if any other kid did it, we would have been paddled right then & there. I think most of us turned out OK.

whackie

« Reply #1013 on: February 04, 2011, 12:50:23 AM »

Shocked what is with parents these days? mac is right though, u see it no matter what culture. it's the way kids are being raised. that's what happens when we said good bye to the days of getting dirty lickings.
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #1014 on: February 07, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »

Shocked what is with parents these days? mac is right though, u see it no matter what culture. it's the way kids are being raised. that's what happens when we said good bye to the days of getting dirty lickings.

Sorry, I was having a shitty day on top of all that. I konw that could have happened anywhere, but my current employers are ruining what is an excellent place to live.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1015 on: February 16, 2011, 11:02:57 PM »

Gloria got me a couple pairs of Levi 505 straight cut jeans for Valentine's Day.  The Levi's they are replacing have to be at least 25 to 30 years old, minimum.  It's funny to think that a new pair of pants has the potential to outlast me now. Oh, I still fit in the same size, so there.......

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1016 on: February 16, 2011, 11:53:18 PM »

Gloria got me a couple pairs of Levi 505 straight cut jeans for Valentine's Day.  The Levi's they are replacing have to be at least 25 to 30 years old, minimum.  It's funny to think that a new pair of pants has the potential to outlast me now. Oh, I still fit in the same size, so there.......

I'm still wearing the 501s but will go with 505s next time around, my fingers are having a hard time with the buttoms these days...in a public restroom I must look like some kind of old perv standing there fumbling with my fly for what seems like forever...btw, the longest I could make a pair of Levis last is about 5 years...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:21:47 AM by old fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #1017 on: February 17, 2011, 03:44:03 AM »

btw, the longest I could make a pair of Levis last is about 5 years...

That's just because you keep following all the latest fashion trends.  Kinda hard to keep a pair of jeans looking good when you've got them hanging with the waist around your knees like all the hip kids of the day.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1018 on: February 17, 2011, 08:37:39 AM »

I'm still wearing the 501s but will go with 505s next time around, my fingers are having a hard time with the buttoms these days...in a public restroom, I must look like some kind of old perv standing there fumbling with my fly for what seems like forever...btw, the longest I could make a pair of Levis last is about 5 years...

Yeah, I gave up on the 501's for the same reason. Plus there's that unique feeling when you have to pull on a pair of 501's that come right out of the dryer.  Shocked   Now, I don't live & play in jeans 24/7 like I did in the first third of my life so they last longer.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1019 on: March 04, 2011, 08:50:41 AM »

The drive into work this morning was interesting. Norfolk looks like a bomb went off with all the storming going on. It was hard to see the road in places for all the leaves & branches. All the garbage containers set out last night for this mornings pick up had been knocked over by the wind.

Tree branches down on Kalanianaole leading to Castle Hospital. Three cop cars on the side with lights on and a police pick up truck with a ramp. The star of the show..... police BMW facing the wrong way looking like it was going to loaded into the truck. Solo rider fall down & go boom??

No lights working at the Castle Hospital junction, no lights on the Pali all the way up & through the tunnels. Branches and leaves all over the Pali Hwy and trees fallen over on the Pali down at the bottom of 13 turns. Trees, as in the whole tree and plural as in more than one.  Shocked

Pretty wicked over on my side last night and this morning..........

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: