Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 01:47:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 357869 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1020 on: March 04, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »

Damn!  Sounds like you guys are taking a bit of a beating down there.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1021 on: March 04, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »

The drive into work this morning was interesting. Norfolk looks like a bomb went off with all the storming going on. It was hard to see the road in places for all the leaves & branches. All the garbage containers set out last night for this mornings pick up had been knocked over by the wind.

Tree branches down on Kalanianaole leading to Castle Hospital. Three cop cars on the side with lights on and a police pick up truck with a ramp. The star of the show..... police BMW facing the wrong way looking like it was going to loaded into the truck. Solo rider fall down & go boom??

No lights working at the Castle Hospital junction, no lights on the Pali all the way up & through the tunnels. Branches and leaves all over the Pali Hwy and trees fallen over on the Pali down at the bottom of 13 turns. Trees, as in the whole tree and plural as in more than one.  Shocked

Pretty wicked over on my side last night and this morning..........
Hope you can get that cleaned up before Sunday's ride... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
whackie

« Reply #1022 on: March 04, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »

Hope you can get that cleaned up before Sunday's ride... Grin

so mac is responsible for norfolk, n jing is taking care of 13 turns? LOL

last night was no joke though. the branches of the trees next to our house broke off. woke us up. HFD came around 5ish and cleared the road, so ppl could go to work. for sure there's damage to one car's roof. i found roofing shingles in the drive way this morning. it was pretty nuts watching the storm going full blast at 3am, with no lights. palm trees were pretty funny, they looked like someone was pulling all their leaves together.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1023 on: March 10, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »

Looks like it may be drying out some. The roads were still wet on our side this morning but at least you could see stars.

On another note for possible upcoming rides this weekend the Pali Hwy is closed townbound from 8pm (?) Friday night until 3am Monday morning. That means all return traffic goes around Makapuu or over Likelike or H3 ......... there will likely be an increased presence of po-po on H3. My bet anyway. Weather permitting I'll be riding the 848 into work on Sat and I'll take H3.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1024 on: March 10, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »

Oh ---- the folks at Capitol Area Monsters made Ben a moderator.  How about that? That'll keep Betty busy.   Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
whackie

« Reply #1025 on: March 10, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »

On another note for possible upcoming rides this weekend the Pali Hwy is closed townbound from 8pm (?) Friday night until 3am Monday morning.

at least there's warning. i'm hearing the info on the radio all day long.

btw anyone have state farm insurance. we're trying to get all our vehicles on one policy. supposedly state farm doesn't offer under insured or uninsured on their motorcycle policies. just wanted to confirm that it's true. 
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1026 on: March 11, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »

Hubbie should get some pretty good rates through GEICO while on the island.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
whackie

« Reply #1027 on: March 12, 2011, 02:55:26 AM »

Hubbie should get some pretty good rates through GEICO while on the island.

my insurance is w/ geico, so i called and asked if there was a military discount. there isn't for hawaii. maybe there's a different # i'm supposed to call.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1028 on: March 12, 2011, 03:43:01 AM »

Interesting. GEICO was quite a bit cheaper for me while I was there.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1029 on: March 13, 2011, 05:40:04 AM »

Anyone heard from Emile lately?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1030 on: March 13, 2011, 09:01:40 AM »

He might be back here for a visit next week.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1031 on: March 13, 2011, 09:06:25 AM »

Cool.  Hope he's not losing his mind out there.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1032 on: April 01, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14363217

I knew the Harley rider.  Can't even imagine what his wife is going through right now.  jeezus.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
whackie

« Reply #1033 on: April 01, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14363217

I knew the Harley rider.  Can't even imagine what his wife is going through right now.  jeezus.

my condolences. in one of the articles, it said he was a cmc. what a tragedy, makes me so mad. i hope this kid really gets it.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1034 on: April 01, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »

Just saw it on the news, a real bummer...49 is way too young to die...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: