Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:41:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355383 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1065 on: May 09, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »

Up where?  Smiff?  Not gonna happen.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1066 on: May 10, 2011, 02:53:21 PM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1067 on: May 10, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »

and?...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1068 on: May 10, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »

and?...

DO WANT!!!!!

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1069 on: May 10, 2011, 10:34:08 PM »

I'll ask a stupid question.  Apart from the beautiful paint scheme what's so different about this version from the stock version??  popcorn popcorn

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1070 on: May 10, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »

After a little research...... voila'

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/05/new-mv-agusta-f4-rr-revealed-pictures-and-specs/

$33K.......... go for it dude!!    Grin Grin

That 1198SP looks dynamite at those kind of numbers

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1071 on: May 11, 2011, 02:22:34 AM »

That estimated price was based purely on a straight currency conversion, and we all know that's not the way things really work. I talked to the guys at Ferrachi (MV's distributor in the states) and they said their expecting it to be priced about the same as the SP.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1072 on: May 11, 2011, 08:39:33 AM »

I liked this part too:

You can make your F4 RR even more unique with the original MV special parts that have been developed to provide you with additional performance using the very latest technical advancements in materials and design.

MV special parts are an absolute guarantee of quality for the customer as they have been subject to the same high standards of quality that have been applied to the original masterpiece using the most advanced materials such as aerospace alloy, titanium and carbon fiber. Special exhausts systems and racing engine ECU’s have also been developed that can increase even further the record power level of the 4 cylinder engine.

Ask Obie about that stuff!   cheeky   $$$

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1073 on: May 11, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »

You can make your F4 RR even more unique with the original MV special parts that have been developed to provide you with additional performance using the very latest technical advancements in materials and design.

MV special parts are an absolute guarantee of quality for the customer as they have been subject to the same high standards of quality that have been applied to the original masterpiece using the most advanced materials such as aerospace alloy, titanium and carbon fiber. Special exhausts systems and racing engine ECU’s have also been developed that can increase even further the record power level of the 4 cylinder engine.

Yea, that was all written after Castiglioni just snorted a particularly heavy line.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1074 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19:20 PM »

That estimated price was based purely on a straight currency conversion, and we all know that's not the way things really work. I talked to the guys at Ferrachi (MV's distributor in the states) and they said their expecting it to be priced about the same as the SP.

If that bike comes out priced anywhere the same as a SP then run, fly, streak down to the store and get it before someone comes to their senses and realizes an error was made. I am not kidding. Do it even before you have one of the other bikes sold. There are serious parts on that RR that should price it far above the SP.

Logically, to me, the SP would still be the better choice but I understand the passion behind the MV attraction.  [moto]

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1075 on: May 12, 2011, 02:30:25 AM »

If that bike comes out priced anywhere the same as a SP then run, fly, streak down to the store and get it before someone comes to their senses and realizes an error was made. I am not kidding. Do it even before you have one of the other bikes sold. There are serious parts on that RR that should price it far above the SP.

Logically, to me, the SP would still be the better choice but I understand the passion behind the MV attraction.  [moto]

It sure is purdy, isn't it?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1076 on: May 14, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »

So Squirrel Killer.......... 675R, F4, or F3?  My pre-game prediction is that when it is finally released the F3 will become some magazines Bike of the Year. It is every bit as gorgeous as the F4. Just read the Sport Rider article tonight.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1077 on: May 15, 2011, 02:42:22 AM »

Haven't read that article yet, what does it say?

For some reason, I don't find myself all that fired up about the F3, and keep telling myself I'd get another Triumph if I had another bike that size.  The F4 on the other hand? Well, I basically need a few minutes alone every time I cast my eyes on that white RR.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1078 on: May 15, 2011, 07:06:48 PM »

The article was mostly background stuff on the designer of the bike and the MV/Harley deal.

Motorcyclist ran a short article on the 675R. Great stuff except for the front brakes for some reason. Killer fantastic suspension. The F3 is beautiful but an unknown. The Daytona basically has it's bugs worked out and has a bigger support network.

The Daytona and the MV RR are both talking about special Ohlins front forks where one side handles the compression and the other side handles the rebound. So far as I can find out these aren't on the market yet unless you want to buy the uber Superbike shocks with the separate gas cartridges at about $10K for the pair. Supposedly they are also using the same TTX rear shocks that you would buy and not some shock that looks like a TTX on the outside but has different internals for the factory bikes ( kind of like the Ohlins on the front of the Ducati S bikes that really aren't Road & Track forks but something in between ).

The Daytona looks pretty good if you like that type of engine. I3-I4.  Me, I like the twins.

zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #1079 on: May 16, 2011, 12:55:39 AM »

Where's my damn helicopter.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: