Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:49:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355329 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1110 on: June 14, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »

his first underway for me is in early july,  popcorn

time to dust off the 848... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1111 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »

grats!!!  waytogo what rate did you get? i hear it's been going down. hopefully you don't have to do much work to the place.

latest for us: brian is thinking of doing a LDO package. the guys in his command think he has a good chance of getting selected this year. guess it helps he's the CCC. his first underway for me is in early july,  popcorn

It helps us civilian dolts if you translate the mil spec jargon,  LDO.... CCC.....WTF.   laughingdp Grin

and +2 on dusting off the 848.  I captained a ride the other day where I held back to show some lines on unfamiliar roads to others whilst Gene & Jing disappeared in front. Wait a minute now.......... ? ? ?  So I know you'll be fine.......  laughingdp laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1112 on: June 14, 2011, 11:22:05 PM »

It helps us civilian dolts if you translate the mil spec jargon,  LDO.... CCC.....WTF.   laughingdp Grin

and +2 on dusting off the 848.  I captained a ride the other day where I held back to show some lines on unfamiliar roads to others whilst Gene & Jing disappeared in front. Wait a minute now.......... ? ? ?  So I know you'll be fine.......  laughingdp laughingdp

I'll jump in:

LDO = Limited Duty Officer.  It's a commissioning step open to enlisted personnel (Navy) from E-6 to E-7 with 8 to 14 years of service.  My package is already in for this year  Grin

CCC = Command Career Counselor.  It's important and, if done well, will reflect very well on the member's future possibilities.

Sadly, as of today, there is a very real chance that I will no longer be in the Navy come September.  There are god nd bad aspects to this, but right now all I can see is the bad. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:23:45 PM by jebus tristos » Logged

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1113 on: June 15, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »

Thanks Anne. I locked in at 4.15, so I'm pretty happy. Figured they couldn't really get much lower, so...  Funny thing is, we had been waiting on the appraisal to come back, and it was taking a rather long time to do so. Well, it came back yesterday, with an appraised value $13 grand less than the agreed upon contract price. That got me a bit stressed, as I knew the seller was a bit strapped for cash. Didn't know if he'd accept my post appraisal counter, but he did and is still throwing in five grand for closing. Me = happy!

Sadly, as of today, there is a very real chance that I will no longer be in the Navy come September.  There are god and bad aspects to this, but right now all I can see is the bad. 

So what's up with this? Are you looking at a med board or something? I was kind of under the impression that you were getting out on your choice, not theirs.

I'm also looking at a possible med board as well, due to my back. I had already figured om getting out, but if I can get a med retirement from them deeming me I'm past my prime to serve...  Well,  waytogo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1114 on: June 15, 2011, 07:50:11 AM »

I had decided to stay in, at least for one more round.  The Navy and I seemed to have come to an understanding: I'll do good work for them for more pay than I probably deserve, and I'll put up with some of their snippy BS.  However, sub orders are being tossed around again, and I don't know that a good enough guarantee can be made that my future will not be under water.  I have tickets to go to Middlebury college for 2 months starting tomorrow, but I may not be using them.  All decisions will be made in the next few hours.   

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1115 on: June 15, 2011, 02:29:04 PM »

What would you be doing at Middlebury?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1116 on: June 15, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »

What would you be doing at Middlebury?

I was going to be attending the summer intensive language program - possibly the best language program in the world.  Instead, I'll be processing my separation.  Oh, and looking for a job  Tongue

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1117 on: June 15, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »

There are a few in DC... 

whackie

« Reply #1118 on: June 15, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

time to dust off the 848... Grin

yep, i'm working on finishing some house stuff before i can play though.

It helps us civilian dolts if you translate the mil spec jargon,  LDO.... CCC.....WTF.   laughingdp Grin

sorry, i always forget. i had to get used to it too.

the thing about being the career counselor is you have to go to a month long school, but your job is to place ppl and make sure their paperwork is the right order or else they don't get promoted and possibly don't get their bonuses. he's been doing all of subpac's CCC for the last couple of years. seems stressful and down right irritating at some points, but it reflects well since he's taking on a lot more responsibility.

Thanks Anne. I locked in at 4.15, so I'm pretty happy. Figured they couldn't really get much lower, so...  Funny thing is, we had been waiting on the appraisal to come back, and it was taking a rather long time to do so. Well, it came back yesterday, with an appraised value $13 grand less than the agreed upon contract price. That got me a bit stressed, as I knew the seller was a bit strapped for cash. Didn't know if he'd accept my post appraisal counter, but he did and is still throwing in five grand for closing. Me = happy!

wow, what a steal. that's an awesome rate and you probably got a really good deal considering the appraiser situation.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:20:43 PM by whackie » Logged
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1119 on: June 15, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »

There are a few in DC... 

Yup.  We'll probably be there by late fall.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1120 on: June 15, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »

Yup.  We'll probably be there by late fall.

Was the potential submarine duty the sticking point?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1121 on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »

A fly in the ointment of life...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1122 on: June 15, 2011, 09:36:06 PM »

Was the potential submarine duty the sticking point?

Indeed it was.  I've done my glub-glub time, and I just can't do it again.

whackie

« Reply #1123 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »

Indeed it was.  I've done my glub-glub time, and I just can't do it again.

ok, this officially make me wonder about my husband... last year when we talked about LDO package, he said that he liked going to sea and would miss it if he couldn't go. but i've always found sub guys very weird.

i hear there are more and more jobs getting converted to civilian, as they're trying to down size the navy.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1124 on: June 16, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »

ok, this officially make me wonder about my husband... last year when we talked about LDO package, he said that he liked going to sea and would miss it if he couldn't go. but i've always found sub guys very weird.

i hear there are more and more jobs getting converted to civilian, as they're trying to down size the navy.

Well, as an LDO, he wouldn't be underwater, but he would certainly get the chance to go to sea.  What's his rate?

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: