Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:41:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355290 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1140 on: July 04, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »

Just found out about Dolph's (Double Eagle) passing a couple months ago. RIP. Carry on in spirit!  Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1141 on: July 05, 2011, 06:16:10 PM »

AMA is trying to get support rallying behind a bill prohibiting the Administrator of the EPA from authorizing the use of gasoline containing greater than 10 percent ethanol in certain vehicles.  Please go through this site and show your support.

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=51059636&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1142 on: July 05, 2011, 07:02:04 PM »

AMA is trying to get support rallying behind a bill prohibiting the Administrator of the EPA from authorizing the use of gasoline containing greater than 10 percent ethanol in certain vehicles.  Please go through this site and show your support.

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=51059636&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

Done...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1143 on: July 05, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »

Riding?

Yes.

In so far as I can help you avoid all the digging this is the short story, so far as I have been able to piece it together.

He was riding solo, as usual, and while trying to make a right hand turn he went off the road on the left side and went down into some sort of ditch or small embankment/small ravine. They didn't find him for a least a day. At the time he was on the BMW S1000RR. Had full gear on and although there wasn't a listed actual cause of death it may have been due to suffocation from mud crammed into the helmet. No actual telling there, but one report said he got his gloves off and may have been trying to get the helmet off.

If I am reading too much into this story then please correct me.

The guy called it like he saw it and rode as a free spirit. Works for me.   Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #1144 on: July 06, 2011, 01:58:17 AM »

The guy called it like he saw it and rode as a free spirit. Works for me.   Dolph

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1145 on: July 06, 2011, 02:26:21 AM »

You pretty much nailed it Rick.  Nate reached out to Randolf's brother, and we heard back from him on here. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #1146 on: July 12, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »

If I fall in the fires of combat, don't let them make everyone stand in the damn sun and listen to inflated speeches. Let everyone off work at 9am. This is my wish.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1147 on: July 12, 2011, 11:02:32 PM »

Der you go.  From the working soldier.  No truer or more apt words.  waytogo

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1148 on: July 14, 2011, 04:52:49 PM »

If I fall in the fires of combat, don't let them make everyone stand in the damn sun and listen to inflated speeches. Let everyone off work at 9am. This is my wish.

No doubt.  I try to take it a step farther: if you feel the need to award me something, please just hand it to me with a hand shake, then move on.  Nobody wants to attend another award ceremony.  Hell, just leave the paperwork on my desk.  This rarely works. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
whackie

« Reply #1149 on: July 15, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »

went riding w/ my thurs night group of hooligans. i think my tire didn't have enough air, but i couldn't find the air compressor attachment last night.

had a lot of cops out on the pali. it was rainy, so we went through 13 turns and chilled at norfolk by the c/c yard. really miss just bullshitting w/ the guys.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1150 on: July 18, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »

My three blocks away neighbor picked up his SF at the docks today and brought it over for me to check out...it's red, my favorite color on a Duc, with bar end mirrors, aftermarket clutch cover, and new Q2s...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1151 on: July 19, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »

waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1152 on: July 19, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »

I thinks he's going to need an assist with suspension set up... Grin

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #1153 on: July 22, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (AP) — A motorcyclist who plowed into a minivan landed unscathed in the back seat, and the driver didn't realize it until he turned into his nearby driveway, authorities said.
"We're calling this one a non-injury collision with a twist," Karen Hunt, spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County sheriff's Victorville station, told the Victorville Daily Press.
The van was slowing to make a left turn when the motorcycle rear-ended it Thursday.
Callers reporting the accident told authorities: "We don't know where the rider is," and there was concern he might have slid under the van, Hunt said.
"That's when it started to sound ominous," she said.
In reality, the rider had flown through the van's back window and landed in the backseat. The van driver continued to his home less than a half-block away, where he called out to his wife that he'd been rear-ended and needed to return to the accident scene.
As he turned around to back out of the driveway, he saw the dazed biker.
The rider's helmet absorbed most of the impact, and he only asked for an ice pack for his hand, Hunt said. He did not receive further medical treatment.
Neither man was cited for the accident. Their names were not immediately released.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1154 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »

Shocked   Shocked    Shocked    Shocked    Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: