Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:41:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorcycle Paint & Bodywork Around DFW  (Read 3112 times)
alexisonfire

« on: January 05, 2009, 02:09:33 PM »

I'm considering a repaint (tank, rear cowl, front fender, possibly wheels).  There is also a very small ding in the tank that needs to be repaired.  Can anyone recommend an experienced person or place to do have this work done in or around DFW?

Thanks.

You can live to 100 if you give up all the things that make you want to live to 100.

07 S2R 1000
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »

Paging LYD/BLQ... Mr. BLQ to the yellow courtesy phone please...
LYD

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 02:16:06 PM »

Clark Brothers in the arlington area.  I had my tank fixed and painted to match the rest of the bike and ask anyone, it came out great.  Plus Jim just had Lyndy's white monster painted.

Clark Brothers Paint & Body
2260 W Pioneer Pkwy # A,
Pantego, TX 76013
(817) 860-0183

Ask For Scott.

I was in the middle of typing and you beat me to it.  Love ya Lisa!!

SEE  Shocked

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:18:53 PM by LYDBLQ » Logged

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »

I'm considering a repaint (tank, rear cowl, front fender, possibly wheels).  There is also a very small ding in the tank that needs to be repaired.  Can anyone recommend an experienced person or place to do have this work done in or around DFW?

Welcome to the board! Join us anytime for get-togethers, rides etc... waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:31:23 PM »

Clark Brothers in the arlington area.  I had my tank fixed and painted to match the rest of the bike and ask anyone, it came out great.  Plus Jim just had Lyndy's white monster painted.

Clark Brothers Paint & Body
2260 W Pioneer Pkwy # A,
Pantego, TX 76013
(817) 860-0183

Ask For Scott.

I was in the middle of typing and you beat me to it.  Love ya Lisa!!

Yeah the tubes in the internet here are geographically closer, that's why.

Seriously, nice to "meet" you alexisonfire.  +1 to Clark Brothers.  I've drooled seen LYD's bike in person; the paintwork is really, really well done.  And I've also seen Lyndy's totally trick M600.  Custom paint everywhere.  Hopefully she'll post here as well.

Hope you can make it out to one of our meet-n-greet (eat-n-greet?) soon,

Lisa
alexisonfire

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

LYDBLK-

Very nice.  My bike looks almost identical to it now. (Minus those nifty yellow accents) 

Oddly enough I lived in Arlington for 5 years and moved to Plano just one year ago.  I'll definitely contact Clark brothers.

Slur & Cher-

Glad to be here.  I hope to meet & ride with you guys soon.

I'm envisioning the parts listed above (minus wheels) painted a slightly off-shade of white, with an anthracite (dark gray) triple band racing stripe on tank and rear cowl.  Also a vintage Ducati logo in red on the tank sides.  The motorcycle's frame and wheels are already a very dark gray, i'd like to play off of that theme.

Any ballpark estimates on this cost?

You can live to 100 if you give up all the things that make you want to live to 100.

07 S2R 1000
fastwin
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »

I agree, Alan's Little Yellow Duc is very nicely done. I didn't realize that Lindy's Monster was also done by Clark's. Figures, her scoot is also very very nice. I am sure there are many other folks who would do good work but in this group those two bikes stand out as the most recent paint jobs. Actually Scott's 250 single tank has been painted recently but I remember him saying that the guy had it for like 6 months. Tongue I may be off on the actual time but it was a long time for sure, but it all looks great!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:08:11 PM by fastwin » Logged
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »

Welcome Alex  waytogo

Check out our calendar of events and bike pic thread stuck on the top of the DFWM.  [moto]

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »

Actually Scott's 250 single tank has been painted recently but I remember him saying that the guy had it for like 6 months. Tongue I may be off on the actual time but it was a long time for sure, but it all looks great!

My painter did an amazing job! It did take awhile... At the time he had a full-time job, & was painting nights & weekends. He does all the plastics for Rockwall Honda's race team waytogo
PM me for his info Wink

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 03:42:24 PM »

+1 for Clark Bro's.  Talk to Scotty.

They did the white pearl paint, and black front fender.  We did the decals.  Then they put clearcoat over it all to make it nice and purdy!

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 03:52:56 PM »

Conti pipes?  Very cool.  waytogo

applause applause applause

cdc
alexisonfire

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »

BarneePhife-

Thank you for the pics. The paint quality looks great.  I dig the italian theme.

How long did it take Clark Bros. to do the initial coat?

07 S2R 1000
GeorgeInDallas

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »

Do they require you to dismantle the bike and bring them only the parts to be painted, or will they take the bike and reassemble?  Am I being a weenie?

Thanks,
George

"It's about the ride.", Peter Fonda in Wild Hogs.
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »

BarneePhife-

Thank you for the pics. The paint quality looks great.  I dig the italian theme.

How long did it take Clark Bros. to do the initial coat?

Thanks!

They took a while (a week or two), but it was our "arrangement".  I think his price was based on our patience of letting him work the parts into his schedule.  I think if you want it done quicker, his price may reflect that (upwards, of course).  His primary business is cars.  The bike is not his typical forte (if his parking lot, shop, and pictures on the wall is any indicator).  Yet, ThelmaLou's M600 and LYD's Monster show that his quality carries over to motorcycles.

• 1978 Yamaha GT 80

BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »

Do they require you to dismantle the bike and bring them only the parts to be painted, or will they take the bike and reassemble?  Am I being a weenie?

Thanks,
George

Yes, you're an Oscar Meyer...   cheeky

Since he doesn't specialize in bikes, I'm sure he'd appreciate you bringing him the parts without the bike.  On a Monster, it's all super easy to remove yourself.  The tank can be intimidating, and requires some special care (probably a 2-person job if you've never done it before) - but definitely can be done by anyone with some hand-eye-coordination.  I'm sure there's a few hooigans around here who'd be willing to help you tear down your bike for paint.  (well, unless we're talking painting the frame - in which case, this sounds like a Mod Party!) 
chug

• 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: