Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:34:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legitimacy of the DMF. or Can we make this work?  (Read 11045 times)
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 11:32:15 AM »

Okay... no more bashing... will have to try that.

<thread jack>
Anybody know how low a monster can be lowered? I had to lower the ninja 250 to fit my wife... think a monstro will even fit her... ever?
</thread jack>

I figure you can't be a legitimate site with out the standard thread jacks?  waytogo

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »

Okay... no more bashing... will have to try that.

<thread jack>
Anybody know how low a monster can be lowered? I had to lower the ninja 250 to fit my wife... think a monstro will even fit her... ever?
</thread jack>

I figure you can't be a legitimate site with out the standard thread jacks?  waytogo

If you ask that in tech, I or 100 other people will answer it  Grin  There are several ways.

mitt

rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »

Im still on the fence....I can understand how some people got upset about this whole transition, it was abrupt and without warning.  I for one had several parts for sale and I lost contact with one person who was very interested in buying a part.

That being said, i think the mods had a heads up and could have dropped hints about what was about to occur.  Some mods were very helpful and I liked, another called me a "dick" when I posted something they didnt think was funny.  I found that to be unprofessional but I bit my tongue lest talk back and be banned.

So, do we blame VS (the evil empire) for noticing what a great and potentially profitable site the DML is/was and wanting to make a buck, do we blame previous mods for not giving us the hi sign about what was about to occur, do we blame the previous owner for selling out what a great and unique community we had or do we simply move on.....My vote is for the latter.

Im trying to get my head around this "dilemma" enough to care....in the mean time Ill check out both sites...

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 04:44:24 PM »

With respect to dropping hints, we honestly did not get any warning either.  On Monday a 'test site' was supposed  to be up for the mods and admins to do a dry run.  That never happened. 

Tuesday, BLAM, the full New DML was launched to everyone.

We couldn't say much about this, for fear of creating an even bigger storm.

Sorry you lost contacts, but I think most people that return to the DML, send an email to help@ducatimonster.org, will receieve a new password that works.  That is what I had to do also.

mitt

rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »

Thats cool, I appreciate the info Mitt.  I did send an email to help@ but didnt receive a reply until 4 days later....guess they were overwhelmed.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
oldjackbob

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 05:17:18 PM »

There are folks I miss (George from the oil thread and...)

As I noted in another thread, I PM'ed George thru Multistrada.net last week. Strangely, my message still shows to be hung in that site's Outbox...hmm. No matter, I phoned him personally (I don't know him personally, but it wasn't too difficult to track him down) and gave him the news that many folks had migrated to this site, and he dutifully took that information down and thanked me for it. I made it clear to him that my purpose was not to get involved in any political games, only to inform him of the existence of this new site.

I miss him too, of course, and his contributions would doubtless enhance the value of the DMF. However, be aware that he is probably an incredibly busy man, and weeks or more at a time go by without him posting on any particular forums. Let us just count ourselves lucky if and when he ever shows up here.

"You can't build a reputation on something you haven't done." -- H. Ford
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »

George is here now:
http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?topic=356.msg17613#msg17613

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
BellissiMoto

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more. The VS bashing will fade with time, like all the others that have come and gone i.e Engagement ring donations, 140 mph 620's etc etc.

My .01c

Some things fade away, like the whole 11ty billion fad, but a 140mph 620, that will live forever Vino!

oldjackbob

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 06:00:43 PM »

Thanks for that update, glad he's on board -- he's an invaluable resource to any forum!

"You can't build a reputation on something you haven't done." -- H. Ford
spinned

time to ride!

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 06:06:11 PM »

I think a little bashing is therapy.  Let's consider that a lot of us (hundreds) just came over to DMF since last week.  It will taper off soon... well as soon as some of us get a few posts under our belts.  Certainly one good part of this site in the freedom to be able to speak out.  

I see it a little like the end of Halloween night.  My kids have a ton of candy and I tell then "eat it all, because I am going to throw it away in a couple days." I would rather they get there sugar high for a couple days rather than rot their teeth out for months.  Same here... bash away, but let's get it over with and on to the good stuff.

Pedro-bot

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

Yes. This can work. It is legitimate.  chug

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
Super T.I.B
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »

Some things fade away, like the whole 11ty billion fad, but a 140mph 620, that will live forever Vino!

Yeah, what was I thinking!  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Probably a little drunkled when i typed that last night.  drink
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 07:19:11 PM »

And a great big THANK YOU to our founding flounding fathers for bringing us back to a spot where we can all be our own quirky selves again.

Fixed it for ya!

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
DRKWNG
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »

Fixed it for ya!

So kind.  Wink
bdfinally

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »

Not for nothin', but my take on the situation is I'm still a bit put off by TOB. I've asked about a number of missing threads over there and after the first 2 days still haven't gotten any more answers to where they've gone. I realize that the mods and the administrator...Stew, I guess is his name, although he hasn't really introduced himself as far I can see, are all under a lot of pressure from the clusterf*ck of last week. For me some of the crap they pulled really merits more than the week of steaming crap they've gotten back, but I also understand the collective need to move on. I've found small unobtrusive ways of registering my dismay over the situation and since I haven't done anything overt enought to get banned, i think I'll monitor it awhile longer.

I used an analogy in a post there yesterday, that has since disappeared. It's like going to your favorite restaurant and having a great experience, then ordering creme brulee. As the waiter sets it in front of you, he spits in it. Just my 2 cents...

The tyranny of the rat race is not yet final...HST
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: